Sign in to follow this  
CyDoN

Multiplayer Details

We saw a warfare video... Anything else about the multiplayer part of the game?

Game modes? Maps?

Warfare video were?!?!

i need to see it its myn favorite gameplay mode eveah!!!!!!!!!

Hi all

The major new MP form is the MP campaign.

The ability for you and 4 friends to complete the whole campaign together as a team over a few weeks or months.

While the user made MP missions get built and the MP servers converted to ArmA 2 I supose people will be playing that from home servers for a few weeks.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Campaign co-op has been confirmed then? My mate will be very pleased to hear that, as that is the only real reason he was interested in ArmA2 in the first place :)

Its confirmed since long ago. And yeah that will be fun as hell!

Warfare video were?!?!

i need to see it its myn favorite gameplay mode eveah!!!!!!!!!

Didn't see you at the warfare tournamet we launched lol

I mean sector control C&h, ctf or whatever no details at all.

was there a tournament? :butbut:

I'd love to get in on that :)

.. Then again I'm worn out of Warfare atm. The last match I played a few days back took up the entire day... 460 minutes+, I couldn't even finish it.

Edited by Victor

I'm a big fan of bf2. but it has not gone through so I waited. I am interested in only the multiplayer game.

what is the multiplayer game of arma2 ??? :yay:

I'm a big fan of bf2. but it has not gone through so I waited. I am interested in only the multiplayer game.

maybe my english isnt that good but what did you mean with "multiplayer game of arma2"

Supported game modes? If this is the question the answer is: all you want.

imagine the arma2 map and units as a big sandbox where you can build everything you want.

Flagfight, Area Control, Deathmatch, Last man Standing and so on...

Out of the box you will get the most of them and the popular WARFARE mode :)

Where 2 armys fight for the control of the whole map in huge battles with hundreds of units (ai)

For newcomers to OFP/ArmA, it's a bit difficult to get 1st time one talked to you about it : MP in OFP/ArmA is basically whatever you want. The mission editor is THAT powerfull.

There is no "mode" or things like that. No CTF only or assault mode. You're not bound to have always the same respawn system. You're not limited in classes (or classless game).

It's open to freedom (basically, "open to freedom" is what OFP was about)

The main games you'll find online for a start :

- coop. With or without respawn, cooperative mission, fullfill a goal and you win

- Capture the Flag, you get the idea

- Pseudo "Assault" mode, in OFP it was "Battlefield1985", in ArmA it was "Berzerk", the evolution of a OFP adaptation of BF Assault mode

- Evolution & the like, a modified coop with adaptative and dynamic goals

- Warfare, named CTI (Capture The Island) in OFP days, a PvP with AIs where 2 sides compete to get control of a huge area through capturing towns. A bit of RTS elements there, as commanders need to provide installations for their troops. Players can be in control of AI groups

- AAS and the like, Sector Control. PvP where 2 sides advance taking zones in defined order (instead of taking whatever position they want like in Assault mode)

But thing is, with the mission editor, you can't really know in advance what will be the killer-map in ArmA2. Usually, good maps tend to get played on majority of servers.

Thanks, I understand. sorry for my english I'm from Russia :bounce3:

Out of the box you'll get some basic COOP, DM, TDM and CTF missions, aswell as Warfare, which is a bit like Conquest mode in BF2142 but with RTS elements.

Other than that, the community will be making tons of missions. The possibilities for mission types are pretty much endless. I would be willing to bet that almost any game could be emulated in Arma2. (Except space shooters and submarine sims)

(Except space shooters and submarine sims)

Actually... :p

Okay, practically any attempts will be crappy but with some graphical layouts, sprite emulation and very elaborate scripting both are possible. The way that the first submarine games (like Silent Service) were made, they're not much more than variables changing their values.

Okay, practically any attempts will be crappy but with some graphical layouts, sprite emulation and very elaborate scripting both are possible.

I'd love to see someone try. :D

What I was really trying to say is with all the different scripting commands, Arma2 could be made into any land, air or sea (surface) based game. I personally would love to see a fully working top-down/first-person-hybrid RTS mode for ArmA.

EDIT: I mean where the commander view is like C&C, while his squad leaders execute his orders in FPS mode.