Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

ArmA feedback thread - based on Beta Patch 1.16

I wouold like to know what changes to the VOIP have been made cause i haven't noticed any difference.

I wouold like to know what changes to the VOIP have been made cause i haven't noticed any difference.
Well the " Direct" seems much better with objects and direction; much more real. Also it seems to have much more fidelity, clear lowend?

Prior to Beta Patch 1.16 we were running 1.14 on both Dedicated Server and Client.

Since the patch... I've had 3 Nvidia Driver Failures in the last 2 days of playing. I never had this problem before. Not sure if all this Dedication to help ATI cards might have cause problems now on Nvidia side of the deal.

Running an EVGA 8800GTX KO with 768MB RAM on 182.50 Drivers

I've had to Hard Boot my system 3 times now since Patch v1.16

Edited by FAF_DRAKO

Prior to Beta Patch 1.16 we were running 1.14 on both Dedicated Server and Client.

Since the patch... I've had 3 Nvidia Driver Failures in the last 2 days of playing. I never had this problem before. Not sure if all this Dedication to help ATI cards might have cause problems now on Nvidia side of the deal.

Running an EVGA 8800GTX KO with 768MB RAM on 182.50 Drivers

I've had to Hard Boot my system 3 times now since Patch v1.16

I have had the same issues recently. I thought my video card was toast.

Had this problem in 1.14 disappeared with 1.15 and now it's back again?

I did have everything set to "High" now trying all at "Normal".

I have problem with this beta patch. After install I can't connect with server browser. It freezes after I click Online Icon in main menu. I have to restart my computer. Anyone has same problem?

It sounds like a firewall is blocking it.

Easy to test: disable firewall completely and then try again. If it works then you know where the problem is, in the configuration of your firewall.

I have the same problem with the server browsers once I patched to 1.16. For those who are going to start posting the obvious and links from searches:

• Unsitalling 1.16 to 1.15 did not fix the problem.
  • Running as 1.14 did not either.
  • Disabling the firewall did not do it.
  • Deleting all except 127.0.0.1 Localhost in the host file in Windows/system32/drivers/etc did not do it.

Reinstalling the entire game this afternoon when I get home from work. This time, I will create two different installs of the game. One I know will work and the other one will be the one to experiement with 1.16 with.

My Firewall recognised Beta as a completely different program so I had to change his actions to let beta connect with internet. No reinstall needed :)

Here's one thing, and maybe it doesn't go in here. Sorry if it is. But, on my ArmA server, I uploaded the 1.16b patch no errors. And the server command line is set properly. But the server does not appear in game even when it is running. Any suggestions?

OK ppl i fix my problem...reinstall game and all problems with low FPS vanish :bounce3:

Enable "show hidden files and folders" in explorer options, go to \Documents and Settings\?????\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\BattlEye where ????? is your username, replace BEClient.dll with same file but from 1.14 version. And everything will be all right.

Just wanted to drop in and give feedback on Beta 1.16. I had just reinstalled and patched upto 1.14 and was having lots of problems with the game freezing whenever I went in to a menu. Since installing the 1.16 patch I've had no problems (even though the menus are still laggy and slow) and frame rates seem much improved. I'm suspectng the lack of freezes in menus is due to the improved memory handling.

was having lots of problems with the game freezing whenever I went in to a menu. Since installing the 1.16 patch I've had no problems (even though the menus are still laggy and slow) and frame rates seem much improved. I'm suspectng the lack of freezes in menus is due to the improved memory handling.

For the record, can you please write what is your video card (ATI/nVidia/Other)?

For the record, can you please write what is your video card (ATI/nVidia/Other)?

Just look in his signature ;):D

Xeno

Hey guys, i am posting this on behalf of a teammate. He cannot install the 1.16beta. Once the update process begins, it gets to about 3% then he gets an error, "Not enough space to continue installation". Or something like that. Has anyone had any similiar problems?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as he cannot play the game atm.

Hmm, maybe because he has not enough space to continue installation? (on the HDD) :D

If i was that simple, i wouldnt be posting here. Thanks for your input, but we're not new to this.

Just look in his signature ;):D

Xeno

Some people (guess who :confused: ) have signatures off, hence they cannot read what is in them. :rolleyes:

Just wanted to say after testing that 1.16 is so much better for me and I can't wait for you guys to release the Linux dedicated server so the community can melt back together. 1.14 was a complete disaster and had 3 major bugs in it that prevent my enjoyment of Arma.

In my view 1.16 is how Arma should have been from the beginning (and really wished we didn't have to wait so many years to get it). Please, don't keep us waiting. There are so few 1.16 servers. We need to bury 1.14 and forget that it ever happened.

Some people (guess who :confused: ) have signatures off, hence they cannot read what is in them. :rolleyes:

Have you seen your own lately ? You might need to update it ;)

"Ondrej Spanel, BIS Legal Grammer"

Trying not to spam .....

Noticed the landscape (and water) seems to have no more "tile seams" in this patch ..... or am I just imaginging things ... ?

Edit: XP Pro duo 2.15GHz 2GB 8800 GTS 640MB

Stock Nvidia 8800GTX. Sorry about not replying sooner. :)

Also, using 182.50 drivers.

Update: am now having intermitant problem - on a couple of occasions the Nvidia driver has stopped responding and screen alternates between blank and normal. Will get some more info when can test at the weekend.

Edited by mcvittees

I've updated to Beta 1.16, but main screen still shows 1.14.5250, dunno why

gameplay and such is the same... slow, crash, slow, slow, even on low settings, been this way since I bought the game when it first came out. The game HAS potential, but....

I've updated to Beta 1.16, but main screen still shows 1.14.5250, dunno why

gameplay and such is the same... slow, crash, slow, slow, even on low settings, been this way since I bought the game when it first came out. The game HAS potential, but....

If its showing 1.14 your still playing 1.14.

the beta patchs do not overwrite the main arma.exe, you have to use a shortcut from the beta folder. Game runs great for me, well as good as ARMA 1 will ever run i guess,which is good.

If its showing 1.14 your still playing 1.14.

the beta patchs do not overwrite the main arma.exe, you have to use a shortcut from the beta folder. Game runs great for me, well as good as ARMA 1 will ever run i guess,which is good.

"This application has failed to start because IFC22.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Got that when I started the Beta exe

"This application has failed to start because IFC22.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Got that when I started the Beta exe

There are few different ways to "fix" that, put the path in your shortcut, or copy the Beta 1,16.exe in to the root ARMA folder and use it,But use the search function of the forum for all the real fixes. ( i use Goarma and Yoma to play the game)