Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

ArmA feedback thread - based on Beta Patch 1.16

the fog seems alot worse with 1.16 since it was fixxed a few patches back. i run an 8600gts 512mb video card. 4500 meter viewdistance i can barely see the mountains southeast of pariso from the pariso airport

Is there a work around for having to install the patch from v1.08?

How does one downgrade from 1.14 to 1.08?

For my end (client) I'd just make a 2nd install. But I rent a server and it looks like I'll have ot request the provider to unistall the server, reinstall, patch to 1.08, and then patch to 1.16.

Is that correct?

Why would you downgrade to 1.08? :confused:

You need 1.14 to use the beta patch.

@rstratton:

Might be helpful if you post comparison screenshots between 1.14 and 1.16, so the devs can see the difference (and you can make sure there is one). It would not be good if that bug came back :butbut:

the fog seems alot worse with 1.16 since it was fixxed a few patches back. i run an 8600gts 512mb video card. 4500 meter viewdistance i can barely see the mountains southeast of pariso from the pariso airport

Also make sure the viewdistance is not dictated by the mission ;)

I never noticed it before, though it seems about the same in 1.14 and 1.16, but the fog seems to behave differently for lower hills and higher mountains...

To explain it : there's a smooth progressive fog for lower relief, but there is very visible clipping for high mountains like pico perez.

As such when pushing the view distance to 5 or 10 km, you can see almost all South sahrani from Corazol, or the north coastline up to Tlaloc, with the farther features receding in the blue fog, but on the other hand, you still can't see anything of pico de Perez, the highest mountain of north Sahrani.

As a matter of fact there is barely no difference between 5km and 10km VD when it comes to pico de Perez (It took pics) : you don't see it from Corazol and until you get to Bagango where you start seeing the ugly clipping wall revealing large chunks of the mountains. As if there were no progressive fog at all past certain altitude...

Probably not related directly to 1.16b but still...

How does one downgrade from 1.14 to 1.08?

For my end (client) I'd just make a 2nd install. But I rent a server and it looks like I'll have ot request the provider to unistall the server, reinstall, patch to 1.08, and then patch to 1.16.

Is that correct?

If it's giving you that "Version 1.08 is required" message just delete the .\beta folder.

It's my server host who is having the problem. He tried to install 1.16 witht he beta folder deleted and it still gave him the "wrong version" error. I'll see if I can get a screen of the dialog box. It's been running 1.15 very smoothly though. so this one has me stumped lol!

Also make sure the viewdistance is not dictated by the mission ;)

i manually set my viewdistance to 15000 and and i still could not see pico de perez from the pariso airport

I won't use a beta patch... I wait the official.

And about the feedback:

Didn't see any differance... But please if its going to be out soon at least make 1.08 FOV standard or at least adjustable form the options or something, or make and official addon like UNA Filed of View addon so we can choose from... Hate to say but 1.14 FOV or 1.09 had many problems, mostly of FPS nature...

the thing is, that its not really a classical beta release imo. its just an "insurance" not to be blaimed if the patch causes massive problems.

your attitude (not offensive) shows my concern that beta patches devide a community.

i manually set my viewdistance to 15000 and and i still could not see pico de perez from the pariso airport

Open editor.

Place a soldier to Paraiso International Airport :) and look toward east or north-east...Pico de Perez is not in the southern direction :p

You should see pico de perez there...I can..

I have the same card with XP x64.

It's my server host who is having the problem. He tried to install 1.16 witht he beta folder deleted and it still gave him the "wrong version" error. I'll see if I can get a screen of the dialog box. It's been running 1.15 very smoothly though. so this one has me stumped lol!

Remember, it's running just fine as 1.14 and 1.15 beta.....Any ideas?

arma_error.png

(Reposted)

Beta testing is fine, but the installers themselves need testing prior to release. I'm used to Falcon 4.0 dances (mammoth install processes), but this one's been an excruciating pain in my arse.

Firstly, Patching from 1.15 to 1.16, battleye did not update, as a result, I could not join any MP game (bad version error). I overcame this by manually uninstalling battleye in the battleye sub-folder, then uninstalled the beta, then re-install the patch before any sort of connectivity was permitted.

(Attempting to run the 1.16 installer with 1.16 already installed was not permitted, therefore, the patch had to be uninstalled)

With battleye manually removed, the patch then prompted the installation of battleye during the 1.16 install process.

However, the 1.16 beta patch uninstaller uninstalls addon components from the DBE1 mod folder, so now a server running warfare addons, cannot be accessed.

I recall this being a problem with past beta patches (not 1.15 as it didn't include an uninstaller), and obviously, it hasn't been addressed.

well, the easiest way to uninstall a beta patch has allways been to delete the beta folder.

well, the easiest way to uninstall a beta patch has allways been to delete the beta folder.

Thanks captain obvious....

Hi all

I also found that if I uninstalled Battle Eye then reinstalled it, it solved several problems.

We solved the DBE1 mod folder problem in a similar though brute force way, in Zeus we copied the whole MOD folder and any different files from a running machine. To tell the truth that is the best way to update MOD folders on a server anyway. The un-install BattlEye and reinstall it afterwards still applies.

As ozanzac said there appears to be a mess in the installer.

But 1.16b itself is probably the best update there has been for ArmA.

Fix the installer bugs and I think you have a winner BIS!

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker

(Reposted)...

Had a really really hard time installing 1.16b...

My edit.

I had no issues. simple like all the betas, didnt fall for the old Battleye trick though. hope you get it worked out.

Remember, it's running just fine as 1.14 and 1.15 beta.....Any ideas?

arma_error.png

Upload the patched files from an installed version - like your client machine. Then copy the beta folder in to the ./arma directory and place the beta arma server exe in the ./arma/beta directory, be sure you have the command line functions setup correctly.

EXE location:

D:\IC-ArmA\BatteServer\beta\arma_server.exe

Working Dir:

D:\IC-ArmA\BatteServer

Command line options:

-name=Server -config=server.cfg -cfg=arma.cfg -profiles=profiles -netlog -port=2302 -mod=ICArmAMod;beta

I just purchased and installed a new Diamond Radeon 4890 X OC 1gig GDDR5 video card and to my endless frustration ArmA doesn't start. Monitor goes blank, after about 10-15 minutes of 'thinking' with sandclock icon, ArmA starts in what appears to be 600x480 mode. Half the screen is black at the top and the bottom half is filled with what apears to be ArmA infinite ocean. Instead of the interface icons I have 5 black squares. That is not to say that ArmA was running on this system in all previous versions. ArmA doesn't run with this new card period.

ATI Radeon 4890 XOC

My ATI catalyst drivers are the latest - 9.4 ver. I used to ran ArmA fine on the same system with Radeon X1995 gddr3 215mb v-card, with casual crashes here and there due to the ArmA's ATI card issues.

My OS is WinXP Pro 64bit, 6gig DDR2-800 RAM. My v-card again is Radeon 4890 X OC 1gig GDDR5 (CCC ver.9.4). CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6400 2.13ghz. The machine was freshly reformatted, OS reinstalled.

I hope ArmA2 isn't gonna be acting up the same. If I cannot play ArmA2 with possibly one of the best cards on the market, I guess I'm done with ArmA. I just spent $400 on a piece of hardware that I'd like to use to its fullest.

Edited by sluggCDN

Im guessing due to your post here your patched up to 1.16.

If so run windowed mode

@sluggCDN try hotfix driver for u card LINK

My problem with 1.16b is that my freams from 45-60FPS now go to 15-25FPS with this lasy patch :confused: BIS fix problem with ATI card but now ppl with nVidia have problem.

My system:

C2D E5300@3.85Ghz

nVidia 8800GT 512MB

2GB mem

XP SP3

Hi guys!

I get an error message in Warfare 1.2 in 1.15b and 1.16b. It says:

"Scripts Common\Functions\Common_GetTeamStatus.sqf not found" when the game loads. Then when I go back to main menu I get

No entry "bin\config.bin\CfgMagazines.8Rnd_40mm_HE_Ship".

The "T" key for options dont work either to open menu. It works to close menu.

Now I dunno if this is a problem with Warfare 1.2 or with patches. I think the first thing.

PS, not sure if it was mentioned before, but the bug from v1.15Beta is still present:

If EqualModsRequired is enabled, everyone who joins will receive a message about modified data, because the -mod= string, ingame seems to cut off the last character.

Even though the message is received, the player is NOT kicked from the server.

If he did use a wrong -mod= line, then the message would appear aswell, and he would be kicked.

Hi guys!

I get an error message in Warfare 1.2 in 1.15b and 1.16b. It says:

"Scripts Common\Functions\Common_GetTeamStatus.sqf not found" when the game loads. Then when I go back to main menu I get

No entry "bin\config.bin\CfgMagazines.8Rnd_40mm_HE_Ship".

The "T" key for options dont work either to open menu. It works to close menu.

Now I dunno if this is a problem with Warfare 1.2 or with patches. I think the first thing.

That was brought up when 1.15 was released.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=70699

with my 9800gx2 the game takes a moment now to load textures when you drop in a mission. same happens when you turn around.

Ok...This is a new one...

Arma 1.16, ACE1.07, IC Islands, ACE IP, COC, RKSL, HIFI NA, GL3.

Running a custommission with Cex enabled. 300+ units on N Saharani.

Were i Command all. PLUS additional 200+ Enemys or so..

And the mission is playable. With Verry High settings and 1400x900,

2000VD. Ok some fog in the mission but not much.

Running:

Amd QC9500 2.2Ghz

3Gb Ram

Nvidia 8800GT 512Mb

Vista 32..

Everything updated..

By Playable i mean Playable..Dont know the exact FPS...But will find out...