Sign in to follow this  
Rocco

New beta patch 1.16

i fully agree that 1.16beta linux server would be really nice for 'complete' testing before final ;)

The increase in FPS is unbelievable.......amazing.....holy cow :D

well I say " fck those whiners !" the FPS increase & smoothness that comes with it is simply .. AMAZING !!!

Really promising with A2 in sight :D

Edited by Cross

Yes it's excellent, doubled my framerate too. Thank you BIS :)

Cool, what setup are you on? I dont have my gamer PC complete, but it will be cool to hear more feedback. Should probably have a new topic for 1.16 that can be stickied :D

I'm about to launch this with my 9800GT, am i supposed to expect huge changes? :D

EDIT: One word. Amazing.

Edited by stebbi92

Very strange reading this discussion.

Does anyone care about the fixes made (as despite low number, all fixes made are of very essential nature: vista users with ATI should run the game at full screen in all configuration, BE shouldn't kick out players randomly, memory fragmentation dramatically reduced on ATI cards, most frequent crash more likely fixed).

Anyway, if you prefer talking about BI release policy, here you go:

1) 1.15 exhibited major issues preventing it from being final patch as main fixes we wanted there didn't fully work

2) 1.16 beta will stay beta only for some time, if nothing bad happens again, will be raised to final 1.17 pretty soon

Why do we bother creating another patch for Arma? Mostly to leave Arma 1 in a shape to run on Vista with X GB of memory in years to come. If you don't care, fair enough, but what annoys you about this free optional patch I simply don't get. If you don't want to try it, simply don't.

Small fixes... well, I better not to tell this to people implementing it. Low level D3D call changed based on year long communication with ATI about problems related to drivers, low level Vista fix, low level netcode protocol change to avoid BE kick off.

I am going back to Chernarus.

p.s.: as to the future: no betapatches = no patches later in life of the game. But I am pretty sure many people in the community will understand why beta patches are needed. The ways to play Arma are nearly endless, as are user modifications, hardware configurations etc. How can you expect us to test it all? No way. Beta patches are needed reality.

thank BIS for patch!!

but all wait for final patch ))

maybe 1.17 for the release to ArmA 2 (< joke)

about Battleye it is an update?

You should thank them. This patch is amazing!

Very strange reading this discussion.

Does anyone care about the fixes made (as despite low number, all fixes made are of very essential nature: vista users with ATI should run the game at full screen in all configuration, BE shouldn't kick out players randomly, memory fragmentation dramatically reduced on ATI cards, most frequent crash more likely fixed).

Anyway, if you prefer talking about BI release policy, here you go:

1) 1.15 exhibited major issues preventing it from being final patch as main fixes we wanted there didn't fully work

2) 1.16 beta will stay beta only for some time, if nothing bad happens again, will be raised to final 1.17 pretty soon

Why do we bother creating another patch for Arma? Mostly to leave Arma 1 in a shape to run on Vista with X GB of memory in years to come. If you don't care, fair enough, but what annoys you about this free optional patch I simply don't get. If you don't want to try it, simply don't.

Small fixes... well, I better not to tell this to people implementing it. Low level D3D call changed based on year long communication with ATI about problems related to drivers, low level Vista fix, low level netcode protocol change to avoid BE kick off.

I am going back to Chernarus.

p.s.: as to the future: no betapatches = no patches later in life of the game. But I am pretty sure many people in the community will understand why beta patches are needed. The ways to play Arma are nearly endless, as are user modifications, hardware configurations etc. How can you expect us to test it all? No way. Beta patches are needed reality.

I'm very thankful for the fixes, especially the BE one.

Maruk,

Thank you for clarifying. Not many companies would have the CEO coming online to keep everyone up to speed (actually I can't think of any others).

Looking forward to Chernarus!

P

I know we over at IC are looking forward to this - we had 100 in the server with 1.15 and the Dilithium Crystals couldn't handle the strain, cap'n. We have been waiting for this release and will be testing with about 60-80 in the server tomorrow.

I normally NEVER run beta software in the production environment, but some of these changes are exactly what the tech team has been waiting for.

So GJ BIS! and Rocco, you really are missing the point. PM me and I'll be happy to talk with you about this and how it works.

yeah , thanks BIS for the patch , your work to improve the game is always apreciated

Just installed. Going to try it now. But, curious about one thing:

* New scripting functions (string manipulation, multiplayer synchronization)

Any details on this? What are the new string manipulation functions, and what parts is now automatically being synchronized? Are we talking about players already in the game (i.e. ammo crate), or JIP clients (i.e. setVehicleInit being problematic)?

Damn you make it look like a small patch.

But having a closer look on the BIKI I see it's pretty huge.

Hoping to see some nice results. :)

It's usually the negative voices that are heard the most.

I am very glad for any update you guys give us!

Hello!

I can't install the patch, it tels me I have 1.09 installed but I am sure I have installed the 1.14 patch, how can I make sure I have the 1.14 patch working?

thx.

Slol, start arma and you can read on start screen your version

Vlad: This is 1.16b thread if you didnt notice?

Look at the main menu when entering ArmA. Version bottom left.

About any beta patch:

Install the beta patch and then look in your ARMA directory. In there is a shortcut to start the beta with. You cant miss it.

Alex

" - Numerous voice over net and multiplayer related fixes and improvements"

What exactly were these fixes? Are the VOIP channels louder?

Beta patch 1.16b

I got better performance for sure. Lags a bit when AI starts thinking then pop back to comlete smoothness. On higher settings than normal as well.

Thank you BIS. You are the greatest! :)

PS. Was the older USMC soldiers exchanged for the new desert ones? Maybe i need glasses hehe.

Regards

Alex

Damn Rocco, relax man - it's just a patch!

We all need to take five steps back and breathe breathe a little. Not every single thing that happens has to elicit a mellodramatic fisticuffs response. If BIS wants to release a patch then that's what they'll do - with or without us crying our eyes out about it.