Sign in to follow this  
Rocco

New beta patch 1.16

Oh my god BIS, you don´t know what you are doing! Why do you release another beta patch, this will devide the community even more, please release a real patch, so that people dont get scared by the word "beta", we will have a 1.14 community, a 1.15 community and a 1.16 community.

Come one, you can do better than that!

Rocco, you come on! How can you propose to release a patch for a game of this community nature as final without having it tested properly by the community first.

Can you imagine the mess if the beta patch does exhibit some major problem?

Oh my god BIS, you don´t know what you are doing! Why do you release another beta patch, this will devide the community even more, please release a real patch, so that people dont get scared by the word "beta", we will have a 1.14 community, a 1.15 community and a 1.16 community.

Come one, you can do better than that!

Windows dedicated server is included with the release.

great.

i have an ati video card and while i haven't seen much problem with the way arma runs currently it's always good to know that the game will be running even better!

cheers!

Rocco, you come on! How can you propose to release a patch for a game of this community nature as final without having it tested properly by the community first.

Can you imagine the mess if the beta patch does exhibit some major problem?

PLease test it in your studios or let Jan Kunts team test it, it´s just nonsense to release another beta patch, why didn´t you release the 1.15 patch first before releasing another beta patch?

The issue, that you probably don´t see is, that we have like 100 players (estimated number) playing 1.15 beta at the moment (which is a stable and great patch) and we have like 150 players at peak time playing 1.14, this devids the community and if you want to play a specific mission, you have to close ARMA 1.15 to start 1.14 for example.

Another beta patch means, that we wont get the numbers to play specific missions probably, because people play on 1.14 or 1.15 or now 1.16.

Oh and one more thing, we still cant use Linux server with the beta patches, is that correct?

Edited by Rocco

@Maruk:

@Rocco:

The only reason why people are playing 1.14 and 1.15 beta at the same time is the absence of a Linux dedicated server for the 1.15.

1.16 doesn't have a Linux server either, but there is nothing preventing you from updating to it if you're already running 1.15.

To put it simply instead of having people playing 1.14 and 1.15 you will have people playing 1.14 and 1.16.

On top of that I don't think Jan has thousands of unique computers lying around ;)

@Maruk:

@Rocco:

The only reason why people are playing 1.14 and 1.15 beta at the same time is the absence of a Linux dedicated server for the 1.15.

1.16 doesn't have a Linux server either, but there is nothing preventing you from updating to it if you're already running 1.15.

To put it simply instead of having people playing 1.14 and 1.15 you will have people playing 1.14 and 1.16.

On top of that I don't think Jan has thousands of unique computers lying around ;)

I can only hope so, mate and i wish we would get a 1.16 linux patch.

But then again, regarding your comment, you would agree with me, that 1.15 is a full working patch, so BIS could give patch 1.15 full status with linux support.

Following this logic, it would mean, that Jan´s beta ArmA2 team can´t beta test ArmA2 probably, because they dont have the testing equipment, leading to the solution, that we should get an ArmA2 public beta test to test it on our "unique computers"! :)

Edited by Rocco

Great Great.... so im looking forward to see crash-free dedicated server and this new awesome BE Features Bastian told me *looking over to hin*....

Is there these "overlength-packets-error-fix" with big Public Variables and other stuff included like Suma mailed me some time ago?

Thanks!

Regards, Christian

• New scripting functions (string manipulation, multiplayer synchronization)
  • Improved airplane turn dynamics simulation (including improved rudder simulation)

Nice! is it really new in 1.16 or just still on the patch page from patch versions before? If new, what are the new scripting functions?

Thanks!

It's great to see that you're still improving ArmA. Thanks for the patch! :bounce3:

Now let's hope the final patch will arrive before ArmA2 release. :whistle:

Edited by Cole
added stuff to the post

Oh my god BIS, you don´t know what you are doing!

Words from an expert game developer!

Yay BIS, I'm surprised you're actually still releasing patches for ArmA, I thought it was all hands on ArmA2.

Words from an expert game developer!

Yay BIS, I'm surprised you're actually still releasing patches for ArmA, I thought it was all hands on ArmA2.

no but from someone who are working for the second biggest publisher...

anyways, i just saw that the patcher automatically updates 115 to 116. I just hope that the beta 115 community will update their server first, because otherwise, you wont be able to play multiplayer properly. Im sure though, that some dont read this forum all day.

With your english I wonder myself that you are even working.

On Topic:

Yes, they're still patching the game, I'd have given it up already

because ArmA is great already! Wow!

Am I correct in assuming that one does not need to install patch 1.15b before this? Thus, a valid update path would be:

1.08 -> 1.14 -> 1.16

Is that correct?

I'm excited/elated about this - I wasn't expecting another patch. Not that I use any of them (except 4GB or RAM), but I hope that ATI/Vista/64-bit/4GB problems are all solved.

Edited by DesertJedi

You make that hard to believe.

But then again, regarding your comment, you would agree with me, that 1.15 is a full working patch, ...

1.15 was not a FULL working patch, hence the reason for a 1.16b, as for a "community divided... like all the 1.14 servers would have more players if there wasnt two versions ... not that many ... People play at the servers they play at. The linux server is the only real issue do to it being free to host.

Doesn't this sound an awful lot like patch 1.15??

DesertJedi as usually you can run both 1.14 and 1.16beta at once (beta is installed as mod folder)

DesertJedi as usually you can run both 1.14 and 1.16beta at once (beta is installed as mod folder)

Thanks! I never went for 1.15 so I wasn't aware of that implementation method.

What a sweet way to implement a patch!

Beware the 1.16 readme and BIKI contains also 1.14 changes.

According to the change log only these 4 aspects were changed:

• 5272 - Fixed: Game did not run on ATI cards in fullscreenmode on Vista x64 with more then 4 GB RAM (fixed again).
  • 5273 - Fixed: Reduced excessive virtual memory fragmentation with ATI/AMD graphics cards.
  • 5276 - Fixed: Changed BattlEye integration (fixing "random" player kicks)
  • 5277 - Attempt to fix: Crash opportunity

It would be somewhat surprising to see potential for huge problems with the small amount.

As a matter of fact most MP is still 1.14, PvP leagues are still 1.14.

So all beta patches have split the community and beta to full patch always took many months..

So if BI would be really concerned about big issues, BI could bring the

full patch after two weeks of beta phase without major issues - which

was always the case so far and still it took many months for the full to appear.

The additional effort involved in preparing a patch, linux server and focus on A2

are very very likely to be the reason for the beta patches.

If it is really better to have beta patches with very long wait times till full

and therefore splitting the MP community than no patch, I am not sure..

At least at this point it probably does not matter.

Hopefully BI does not make this huge mistake with the patching policy for A2 again.

Edited by kju

Hahaha. "God BIS, why did you put out another free update for your game! Argh!"

If you were the example of the "typical customer", rocco, I'm sure they'd reconsider their whole "provide excellent post-release patching support" mindset. Fortunately, there are plenty more people around who appreciate the effort and aren't looking to sling **** at BIS for their actual support of their product.

:rolleyes:

If it is really better to have beta patches than no patch, I am not sure..

I can speak for my community to say that the beta patches have been a huge success for us and are very welcome. To each his own, but our experience with it has been completely positive.

Edited by Dslyecxi