Sign in to follow this  
1in1class

Fast Roping

Wow twist it up some more with this police game bs and all lol. Look the military use the fast rope as in the age of "TODAY" that all there is to it. Its an tactic and an vary effective one at that for the saying "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" LOL righ what military is this? You move in fast not slow, fast and hard dont give the enemy time to think. Its not pointless you think the military all over the world would be useing this tactic if it was pointless come on. Yes it is an military game and the military use the fast rope system k. This world of today is not an 1600 land scape most military operation are done in an urban environment.

Actually The Military does not use this anymore. After the Somalia "incident" fast roping was claimed to be Combat ineffective and constitutes a unnecessary high risk. They still do train fast roping in the military though. They also Train soldiers to use the bayonets but do you honestly think we use them in combat.

I even went the extra mile and called an old military friend of mine who has been a heli pilot for 18 years He jokingly told me "Hell no! Have you ever seen black hawk down?" Then he told me that In a combat situation you never leave your aircraft exposed longer than you have to and fast roping requires him to keep the aircraft very still for a long time as soldiers descend. He told me you would use this method only to board Sea Vessels and Special Situations.But its use is rare.

That still doesn't mean Fast Roping wouldn't be fun. I'm just saying don't state that Arma 2 should have fast roping because that's what the Military uses which is false. Its just too dangerous. Example http://www.greatamericans.com/videos/48face1020/fast-roping-too-fast

Edited by Sgt_Hawkins

fastroping is never used unless the enemy IS CONFIRMED that has not even 1 weapon above 7.62, its totaly useless even attacking a ship is more preferable to do it by rubber boats with oars.

Every soldier that fastrops needs 5 seconds for the next one to follow, for safty reasons this means 8x5=40 seconds a helicopter flying defenceless about 12 meters from the ground. I also cant see where this could be used in this game.

In conclution:

633496532731791954-dynamic-entry.jpg

Haha ! Goddman nice picture !

OT: Your signature is quite...urm..weird :j:

Haha ! Goddman nice picture !

OT: Your signature is quite...urm..weird :j:

Nah my sig is cool ;)

Ya ok are you out there or what they quit using fast rope system since the Somalia "incident" bs you can youtube some fast ropeing that was done in the iraq war get it right man. Also that picture shows it all is that an girl with that phone:butbut: saying that the chopper is defenceless what! They got guns on the side of them for in good words "safety reasons":oops: The US military not the emo military use the fast ropeing system. Look this up.

Let me refraze that iraq war for you ok Operation Iraqi Freedom. For that link added as the soldier is falling war is not fun, stuff happens in war not all gose the way ya would like it to.

1in1class

Edit your previous post instead posting twice. There is a reason why there is an edit button.

It was done in VBS2. I state my regret if that's already been posted before. I have a sudden urge to play Left 4 Dead, so can't read the whole topic right now.

It was done in VBS2. I state my regret if that's already been posted before. I have a sudden urge to play Left 4 Dead, so can't read the whole topic right now.

Wrong. It was done in VBS1, there is no fastroping in VBS2.

Before you claim something, atleast make sure it's true.

I also don't see why in every 2nd or 3rd post we need to read: "In VBS2 this, in VBS2 that". Two totally different applications, two totally different target audiences.

Ya ok are you out there or what they quit using fast rope system since the Somalia "incident" bs you can youtube some fast ropeing that was done in the iraq war get it right man. Also that picture shows it all is that an girl with that phone:butbut: saying that the chopper is defenceless what! They got guns on the side of them for in good words "safety reasons":oops: The US military not the emo military use the fast ropeing system. Look this up.

First I know pilots who have claimed that they would never want to fastrope excpet if its night when they highly overpower the enemy. The "gunzZz" of a helicopter can do shit when you don't know the enemy.

Lastly you overprice the US Military. They have guns but also the "other guys" have guns. Even in somalia Delta could not win the skinnies.

First I know pilots who have claimed that they would never want to fastrope excpet if its night when they highly overpower the enemy. The "gunzZz" of a helicopter can do shit when you don't know the enemy.

Lastly you overprice the US Military. They have guns but also the "other guys" have guns. Even in somalia Delta could not win the skinnies.

OK here it is the military use the fast rope system. Yes the other guys have guns too but it is how you use that tool ok, you just dont give an monkey an gun and he knows what to do with it. Its how you use that tool by knowing it you will get more out of it. There you go with that blackhawk down jebb jabb we were in that country yes but it was not till stuff start hitting the fan that the headlines started to come out about the operation. It was the UN part to do. But by you saying I overprice the US Military is vary wrong we were takeing on the whole contury it was an UN effort it was an 1-20 odds for are forces and for an force that did not make headlines till it went south that says what are odds where over there, no body won over there. Look this stuff up man and dont test my patriotism.

OK here it is the military use the fast rope system. Yes the other guys have guns too but it is how you use that tool ok, you just dont give an monkey an gun and he knows what to do with it. Its how you use that tool by knowing it you will get more out of it. There you go with that blackhawk down jebb jabb we were in that country yes but it was not till stuff start hitting the fan that the headlines started to come out about the operation. It was the UN part to do. But by you saying I overprice the US Military is vary wrong we were takeing on the whole contury it was an UN effort it was an 1-20 odds for are forces and for an force that did not make headlines till it went south that says what are odds where over there, no body won over there. Look this stuff up man and dont test my patriotism.

Look what stuff up? UN part? I thought that the US were in UN. Whatever fastrope is not safe and thus they dont use it, not Iraq not anyware.

We are not talking about basic rappeling techniques, we are talking about the "best" choice of different insertions. If you (re)read the statements you could find the answer why fast roping isnt allways the best/first choice. Think of hovering helicopters and fast insertion via landing helicopters in enemy/hostile territory. ;)

We are not talking about basic rappeling techniques, we are talking about the "best" choice of different insertions. If you (re)read the statements you could find the answer why fast roping isnt allways the best/first choice. Think of hovering helicopters and fast insertion via landing helicopters in enemy/hostile territory. ;)

Pheewww look by reading that technique you would understand the operation of the fast roping and its use into days military. But with your post above you dont get this at all. You as you state "there is bad ways of roping" why yes there is but there is bad ways too do all things, look you can go around this all you like but the fact is that the military use the fast rope system. Just do this for me tell me why they use the fast rope system? Because all your saying is why they should not use it so you know they use this. There are all kinds of ways to insert the military into countrys in ways some are better then others you use the one that is best for its job right? So in an urban way fast roping is the best for its job.

Such fast rope insertions depending much more on safe informations about possible AA threat and the strength of the enemy presence in "hovering/insertion zone". There is no reason to risk soldiers life and a helicopter if its too hot. You hopefully get the point why you cant generally say fast roping is the "best choice for (urban) insertions".

Not having fast rope is oki, even if it is used or not in real life doesnt mean it gets used in all wars, Look at Afganistan, the military doesnt get the airborne to parachute out the planes. That hasnt really happened since WW2 on big scales.

Then why do they use this system? I ask you to tell me why they use this but you go around it and just to say its not safe. Do you understand that it is used into days military right? You can go on and on about the safty issue all ya like if you know about the safty of it, as i gave an link above that would make you understand.

@Matt Rochelle That is why it is an option to use in an operation that is needed now if we went to war with china you would see that the airborne would be jumping out of there air craft. The Airborne is the Airborne and they will always be jumping out of planes that is why they are who they are. This is why there are diffrent branches in the military ok people for diffrent operation that are best for the mission. I never said that the military use the fast rope system in all operation now did i.

Fast roping is in use more as a kind of surprise insertion, all other insertions are mostly done via LZ. Guess for this fast roping feature BIS will need some extra hours of work and testing before its good to use for ingame actions.

I wouldn't mind there being fast-roping, would be a nice addition to dropping guys in to specific areas without risking hitting the tail or main rotor disc of something. At the end of the day if someone is pointing an rpg at your chopper, it isn't going to matter much of your on the ground or 30 feet above it, especially considering the gay way that troops leave helo's in arma1. In arma they leave the aircraft almost one by one which takes ages so you might aswell just fast rope them out.

I say, why not have it? Just make it a seperate UH with (w/ fastroping) in its name, I can think of one reason to include fast roping, rather than landing on roofs to insert troops e.g

Coop domination, the side mission with the VIP in the hotel between the two ridges of Monte pesto, Fast roping onto the roof would be sweet.

"At the end of the day if someone is pointing an rpg at your chopper, it isn't going to matter much of your on the ground or 30 feet above it, especially considering the gay way that troops leave helo's in arma1. In arma they leave the aircraft almost one by one which takes ages so you might aswell just fast rope them out."

Usually landing means you get a hill/house/wall etc etc between you and the RPG'er. So it does matter.

72;1280390']"At the end of the day if someone is pointing an rpg at your chopper' date=' it isn't going to matter much of your on the ground or 30 feet above it, especially considering the gay way that troops leave helo's in arma1. In arma they leave the aircraft almost one by one which takes ages so you might aswell just fast rope them out."[/i']

Usually landing means you get a hill/house/wall etc etc between you and the RPG'er. So it does matter.

You used the word USUALLY, what happens when you cant land your helicopter behind a house or hill as the buildings are to close or there are objects you could hit, you could drop them off somewhere else or you could fast-rope them, but it should be YOUR decision. In situations when your on open ground and can hide behind a hill then there is no reason to fast-rope so you simply wouldn't do it and you'd land instead, and as you'd be in the OPEN it still wouldn't matter as an rpg gunner would still have line of sight. What was being discussed was its application in urban areas where landing between buildings quickly could prove dangerous or impracticable or you want to put people on the roof.

Wrong. It was done in VBS1, there is no fastroping in VBS2.

Before you claim something, atleast make sure it's true.

I also don't see why in every 2nd or 3rd post we need to read: "In VBS2 this, in VBS2 that". Two totally different applications, two totally different target audiences.

Oops. :o