Sign in to follow this  
Bad Pilot

Scripting IDE

I use Chris Henderson's "ArmA Edit" program for my scripts. It's great as far as it goes - and I probably would never have begun scripting without it - but I need more.

My biggest problem and the one that costs me more time than any other thing is missing/extra ';' and '{' and '}'. I edit, save, compile, copy, load, start ArmA, create server, get an error, press ALT-F4... and back to edit. It's worse if I'm testing a client/server issue and have to get the mission onto my dedicated test server because I've got to get out of my chair twice to shutdown/start the server in another room.

I've begun writing my own editor but I'm never going to finish it. Then I thought about making a quick syntax checker which would scan all the scripts, highlighting errors before I go to compile them. That would save me hours every week.

So, has anybody done any work on syntax checking? Or intellisense? Integrating the mission map into the scripting environment? Chris H., are you doing any more on ArmA Edit? Can I extend it..?

You really need to check dev heaven and ofpec. :D

• Try NP++ with i0n0s ArmA script extension
  • Personally I love EditPadPro. Code folding, brackets matching. Works very nicely.
  • cfgConvert from BI tools suite can format and partially fix your configs very nicely.
  • I am working on the code formatter uncrustify in combination with cfgConvert.
    There will be a wiki guide available soon.
  • Check the Community Modding Bible arcticle on SimplifyTesting.

:bounce3:

PS: We have a skype group channel you might be interested in joining to discuss topics like these.

Yeah, all listen to kyu hes DA MAN !! :happyagentSmith:

Since i use the mentioned programs and use the also mentioned setup inside the modding bible... hell ... my workspeed increased tenfold! (well, my workload too :) ) ...

Since i use the mentioned programs and use the also mentioned setup inside the modding bible... hell ... my workspeed increased tenfold! (well, my workload too :) ) ...

This is very good to hear!

Generally i love all that Dev-heaven stuff and whats all affiliated with it... good Job at Sickboy, Kju and all others involved!

hehe, I should have asked months ago! I've implemented some of this stuff already and it's helping :)

share share share :D