Sign in to follow this  
USSRsniper

.rvmat problems

Is way to create chrome like material that actually works in ArmA?

Because i applied to my model ca\data\chrome_enviro.rvmat material, but when shadows from the modelf itself or different object fall on faces with chrome material, the faces become semitransparent. :confused:

EDIT:

Material works fine when i remove all texture and only leave the .rvmats applied. Is there something i need to to special with the texture? The texture is _co.paa

Edited by USSRsniper

it's not the texture the problem, but the RVMAT:

it uses

PixelShaderID = "Glass";

VertexShaderID = "Glass";

and also because it uses nextPass = "ca\Data\glass_2pass.rvmat";

So I suggest you to avoid using it...

You can try to make sure that you have an alpha channel and it is all white. Also, try playing with the alpha sorting order in o2. Lastly, you can try playing with the type of shaders you're using with that thing. Using that as a basis, you can probably try to build your own rvmat. The characteristics of chrome is that if it's clean it has no colour, and it is 100 percent reflective. Unless you can govern the amount of reflection map that is represented on your model per pixel, you probably want to have clean chrome (without rust and stuff) in the first place. What would be a good place to start experimenting with is just some grey or white shape with a reflection map shader applied to it.

can i see ur rvmat? i will be needing something very veryy similar. thanx.