Sign in to follow this  
Bad Pilot

random evolution

Version r27 crashed a lot. I think there are to many units in the game. in the first town there where around 40 bunkers around the tower!!!!!. A bug possible?

thanks, I've seen that, although that's r28 - i forgot to update the name... fixed in next version. Adding minefields around the towers at the moment. That and fixes to what's already there is really going to be the end!

r27 had broken tower destruction! the shame, the shame

up to .r30 and stable. i broke the officer marker, but he shows up with a a yellow "POW" marker at end of town... if u haven't already killed him for -30 ;). been working fine for 2 days on our server.

Thanks for the mission. I tried a quick take at it last night single player/local server. Some questions/comments:

1. Is it right that 3 uaz/squad show up at the base every 10 minutes or so? It is like clock work. I collected all my points just sitting there waiting for them to show up.

2. When I picked sniper as my class I saw that you would get the m24, but when the game started I was given the m16. I went to the ammo box but there was no m24 just the spr.

3. There is lots of air cover. Is there always 2 SU's or KA's over the town? If you shoot down the 2 SU's then 2 KA's immediately appear. Then if you shoot those 2 down, 2 SU's take their place.

My setup: 1.16 beta;QueensGambit;zGuba1.15fixes;Proper_Plants;HiFi_sound;ArmAEffects.

cheers for trying it and thanks for the questions. i understand that you're asking about things that you don't like, so i'll bear that in mind when I get around to .r31 (which I haven't started yet).

1. Up to 4 UAZs will spawn at a random - but frequent - interval, and come to destroy the MHQ. You could stay in base there all day by yourself and rack up a lot of points if you want. If you have more people on the server, believe me it adds some excitement whether the MHQ is in base, in another town or en route between towns :).

2. You're supposed to have access to the SPR at rank Private and the other guns later (but sooner than any other class). Apologies if I misrepresent that in text. but it sounds like your tactic in (1.) will get you the M24 in no time.

3. Respawning of aircover is randomised. SU, SU-B, and two Kamov/Mi-17 FFAR scripts are started from the moment you enter Paraiso. The SU scripts haev been modified to change their fly-in height at the request of a sky-jockey friend in order to provide more interesting Air-Air challenges. Speeds are also randomised. For the attack helicopters, each instance of the script is more likely to spawn a Kamov than an Mi-17 FFAR because i can't make the Mi-17 pilots shoot like any other pilots - there's something wrong with them even though the code is identical. Apart from Kamovs and Mi-17_MGs with especas paratroopers and a door-gunner, i don't tend to concern myself with enemy air assets when I'm on foot. I've left Mi-17_FFARs in there because they do occasionally shoot, and it's great when you capture one. you can capture Kamovs and Mi-17s if you're lucky. never seen anyone capture/repair an SU, though.

---

If you choose the Infantry mission mode, all kinds of enemy reinforcement/spawning is tuned lower to make the pressure more bearable. if you play with No MHQ, then there's no especas coming to blow up the MHQ.

enemy aircraft spawn properly from radnomly chosen points in the four corners of the map. I'm not sure if that worked in original Evolutions - I certainly had to fix it at some point in my own editing but I may have broken it myself :).

Edited by Mr Fenix
adding info

Thanks for the info.

1. Is there a way you can make it so anyone can drive the mhq at the very start? That way your group/squad can get in and move to the battlespace right away. So if someone joins they are not surprised by a group of uaz right outside the hanger door when they start.

2. On the sniper issue. If you look at your weapon loadout before you hit continue to start the mission you have the m24. Then when you start you are just given the m16 and you have to go to the ammo box to get the spr.

1. After you've played it once, you're sharp to the possibility that base might be hot - and you might get to enjoy the thrill of extra point... However, I could add logic allowing low-ranked players to move the MHQ from base to first position in Paraiso. Expect something like that next time. Otherwise, maybe I can cage the hounds until the MHQ has been deployed in the front line.

2. I'll check it out. I know the spr is crap so maybe I'll ditch it altogether.

There are a couple of things to be fixed,

-you can no longer see the officer on the map

- the spr sucks indeed, maybe a script error??

- Sometimes vehicles don't rearm on the Farp, you have to damage it first.

I think the UAZs attacking the MHQ are big fun, When I mention it to my brother (KATUKOV) he goes berserk about them:yay: (I will not name, the diseases he wishes you to have):D

OK, I've been shown a proper bug so .r31 will be coming soon

tankriders, spr sucking and rearming issues... it's just the way the game works...

1. m24 for snipers

2. see if i can get the officer to show again :)

3. worked on capture scripts... some of the escaping fun is missing

4. no UAZ especas until at least ur in paraiso

5. fix big bug in paratrooper's helo spawn.. it is underwater... accidentally deleted something

LOL, the UAZs are still attacking the first town and the base and spawn killing everybody in the hangar:eek:

Personally I dont mind, keep up the good work:bounce3:

Thanks for emailing me the mission.

I gave it a quick whirl as a single player sniper. Thanks for letting me get the m24 right away from the ammo crate. I like the basic loadout you give. Rifle, 3 at's, and a satchel. So even if I did not go to the ammo crate to switch to the m24 I have the basics needed to get to tower.

Maybe you should delete the Terminator MHQ hunting UAZ squad? Case in point, I ran out of m24 ammo on the hill. I did not have enough points yets to call a ammo crate. So just as I turned to run back to the airfield. Bam the Terminators are there blowing up my MHQ! And I have no ammo!!!

the UAZs are still attacking the first town and the base and spawn killing everybody in the hangar
LOL - and I thought that was just me! I got stuck in an out-of-control spawn-rape fest in the hangar. I had never seen that happen before in Arma.
I like the basic loadout you give. Rifle, 3 at's, and a satchel. So even if I did not go to the ammo crate to switch to the m24 I have the basics needed to get to tower.
Word to that - too many missions give you a slingshot, some condoms and a twinkie. :D
i'd love to help ya but i love those guys more!
Then keep them! The more "variety" from the stock EVO the better! Peeps will adapt and find a solution.

And yeah - thanks for the emailed mission! :yay: