Sign in to follow this  
Joiner

Arma dedicated server

Hi all! I've come across the following problem: I have a Zyxel modem (P660RT2 EE) with a built-in router. In the "Port Forwarding" section of the modem's settings I allowed the following ports: 2302, 2303, 2305. However, when I start a dedicated server, it does not appear in the global list of servers (everything worked fine when I used a modem that has no router). Could you tell me what is wrong? There is one peculiarity however: The modem requires that I specify an IP address for each port (it's impossible to leave the IP field empty, or specify 0.0.0.0 in it), but I have no idea which IP to specify. I specified the IP of the modem and the IP of the computer - this didn't help. Could you help me please? :confused:

Thanks, but this didn't help. And what IP address should I specify? BTW, do I have to allow any ports for BattleEye, if there are any? Can it be that BattleEye is blocked by the modem and the server is not in the global list?

Thanks, but this didn't help. And what IP address should I specify? BTW, do I have to allow any ports for BattleEye, if there are any? Can it be that BattleEye is blocked by the modem and the server is not in the global list?

No, you don't need to open any ports for BattlEye.

You should specify the LAN IP of the computer you want to forward the ports to. Make sure you forward them as UDP ports and also grant access to your ArmA server in your system's firewall (if present).

Thanks, that helped. The server is in the global list, however, its IP is not shown for some reason - there is a question mark instead... Though I guess it is not so important.

Oops, it looks like the question mark instead of the ping is a problem... The situation is the following: I have 2 computers (A and B) that are connected to a commutator (the computers see each other), which in its turn is connected to a modem that has a built-in router. I start a dedicated server on computer A. The server appears in the global list (with a question mark instead of the ping). Then I try to connect to that server from computer B and fail. Other people can connect to the server from outside, though they see a question mark instead of the ping as well. All Arma ports are allowed in NAT and Arma is allowed in Windows Firewall. What can be wrong guys? Please help.

You need to use the local IP address of your server to connect, and in the global list you will see (and try to connect to) the global IP address. So you should try the LAN view, see if you can see (and connect) to your server.

Thanks, that helped. I can connect and play now. However, can anyone tell me why a question mark is shown instead of my ping in the global list of the Inernet view? In the LAN view I see my ping, but in the Internet view I and my friends from other cities see a question mark, though the ping between us is 50-70 ms. Any idea?

Thanks, that helped. I can connect and play now. However, can anyone tell me why a question mark is shown instead of my ping in the global list of the Inernet view?

IMHO your router is blocking/not answering ICMP Echo Requests on the WAN interface.

Thanks a lot guys! You really helped!! Everything is OK now.