Sign in to follow this  
KaiserPanda

Custom face textures in ArmA 2?

I agree with rufflesgnr. Is a member of A tell us if a fix is expected for this problem?

It's pretty disappointing to see hours of work ruined by a poor color rendering of custom face. It seems to me that adjustments to the rendering of custom faces fidelity as was the case in armed assault would be welcome

I could not have said it better. Many have put a lot of time into creating custom faces, including myself. This is frustrating, but for now we must wait for a fix. I am sure this will come in the next patch....

Hopefully :pray:

I am using an ATI 4850 x 2Gb video Card and get the translucent face effect, looks fine in profile view, but when in game it becomes more translucent over top the model.

This is just a problem with ATI cards so it is by no means unfixable.

Its also being reported by NVidia cards.

wrong

Its also being reported by NVidia cards.

it's true but we must suppose that he did not read the entire topic.

Indeed I am afraid that nothing is done in the patch because it does not appear in the list of eleven bugs du patch 1.3

with my ATI X1950 pro faces looked fine

with my Nvidia GTx275 custom faces areincorrect.

they look transparent like they are painted on.

using a .paa face i had from ArmA looks perfect. the jpg's are transparent.

with my ATI X1950 pro faces looked fine

with my Nvidia GTx275 custom faces areincorrect.

they look transparent like they are painted on.

using a .paa face i had from ArmA looks perfect. the jpg's are transparent.

how do you use the .paa as a custom face friend ?

To me that either .paa or .jpg I have the problem of transparency. For .paa I have one more problem I can not save below 95ko it's always about 1000ko so I do not have custom face in multiplayer.

Its so annoying, i just tried my face as paa, jpg, and pac and while the first two variants work they still have the extreme glossy transparency described here a few times.

C´mon i know its a lil detail but that should be easy fixeable for the next patch.

ATI users never saw a fix in Arma, haven't got my hopes up for Arma 2

Was Pale now its Glossy:mad:

Hi guys, so i've been looking around and i have not found an answer to this noobcake question.

How do you get your face into Arma2?

do you have to take one picture or is there a utility that puts multiples together. This is really bugging me.

Thank you for any answers you give me.

And yes i did search.

Hi guys, so i've been looking around and i have not found an answer to this noobcake question.

How do you get your face into Arma2?

do you have to take one picture or is there a utility that puts multiples together. This is really bugging me.

Thank you for any answers you give me.

And yes i did search.

Well, the custom faces are exactly same as the normal face textures the soldiers use and look like this setup wise:

http://junk.kegetys.net/arma2naamat/hhl_62_co.jpg

Here you find all of the normal non camo faces the game uses so you can find a suiteable base to edit:

http://junk.kegetys.net/arma2naamat/

So if you are good in PS or similar editing programs you could lay own pictures over it or just add stuff like camo for example.

Then you put this file as .jpg into your ArmA2 folder that the game automaticly created in the windows "my documents" folder.

The file has to be named face.jpg.

Ingame in your player profile you can now look trough the faces and look for a selection like custom face to select it.

And if youre more lucky than most of us you face will look good ingame, if youre unlucky like me it will be half transparent and shiny and most likely never be fixed in any patch...

;)

Well, the custom faces are exactly same as the normal face textures the soldiers use and look like this setup wise:

http://junk.kegetys.net/arma2naamat/hhl_62_co.jpg

Here you find all of the normal non camo faces the game uses so you can find a suiteable base to edit:

http://junk.kegetys.net/arma2naamat/

So if you are good in PS or similar editing programs you could lay own pictures over it or just add stuff like camo for example.

Then you put this file as .jpg into your ArmA2 folder that the game automaticly created in the windows "my documents" folder.

The file has to be named face.jpg.

Ingame in your player profile you can now look trough the faces and look for a selection like custom face to select it.

And if youre more lucky than most of us you face will look good ingame, if youre unlucky like me it will be half transparent and shiny and most likely never be fixed in any patch...

;)

Hmmm, Thanks.

I'm on vacation. I go see the information on the evolution after the patch and

Unfortunately I see that it was not corrected. it's really frustrating

that BIS does not take into account the frustration of people who have spent

as I am to make their faces so badly to be custom made in the game

One thing to those who cannot get it to work.

DON"T NAME THE FACE "FACE.JPG" . Just name it "FACE" .

Also i have a question. Aren't the faces earlier in this thread to big of size ? Even after resizing them to 512 x 512 they are 134 Kb .

Edited by Game__On

I think the main issue for people who can get their custom faces to 'appear' in game is the conversion of dark textures to transparent textures i.e. black balaclava custom face becomes clear and looks like you're wearing a panty-hose.

However, in the grand-scheme of things *cough* PERFORMANCE *cough* I'm not too fussed about this. BIS have a good bug fixing record and I'm sure they'll get around to it.

Question about the custom face thing, I have made one but the issue is that the soild black text that i have on it show up as a light brown in game instead of black, I've converted it to a .paa file and its still showing as light brown, does anyone know how to get the black to show as black?

I think the main issue for people who can get their custom faces to 'appear' in game is the conversion of dark textures to transparent textures i.e. black balaclava custom face becomes clear and looks like you're wearing a panty-hose.

However, in the grand-scheme of things *cough* PERFORMANCE *cough* I'm not too fussed about this. BIS have a good bug fixing record and I'm sure they'll get around to it.

Wouldnt bet on that, its there since ArmA1 and will never be fixed, had a great selfmade face when i still used my old Nvidia card but since switching to ATI its totally f*cked up and glossy as described before, so far no dev ever said anything about it so i assume they give a damn.

Wouldnt bet on that, its there since ArmA1 and will never be fixed, had a great selfmade face when i still used my old Nvidia card but since switching to ATI its totally f*cked up and glossy as described before, so far no dev ever said anything about it so i assume they give a damn.

I think it's neither ATI nor ArmA1 related.

The glossyness and fading black colors we´re intruduced in ArmA2, sadly.

Just can talk about my own experience and there it started with A1 and switching to a ATI card.

In A1 the face was extremely bright

In A2 it is now partly transparent as you and others decribed.

May be a tiny thing but for Mp playing its really annoying and most probably not the hardest thing to fix.

Just can talk about my own experience and there it started with A1 and switching to a ATI card.

In A1 the face was extremely bright

In A2 it is now partly transparent as you and others decribed.

May be a tiny thing but for Mp playing its really annoying and most probably not the hardest thing to fix.

+1

JPG face is fail for ATI users, PAA face is spot on and unfortunately cant be done due to oversize of PAA file for 512x512.

You would think after all this time some one would have made the fix:confused:

Woodstock I have heard that there is a problem with the Alpha channels that prevent it from showing up. Try using dark green