Sign in to follow this  
KaiserPanda

Custom face textures in ArmA 2?

for me. paa changes nothing at all and I have the latest nvidia driver. And as my friends and I all have the same problem I think it's just games. There must be a mismanagement of textures file face.j

Any word from BIS on this?

Its as old as ArmA1 it seems so some note about how to fix it or info that its on the list for another patch would be very welcome.

Edited by Shadow NX

for me. paa changes nothing at all and I have the latest nvidia driver. And as my friends and I all have the same problem I think it's just games. There must be a mismanagement of textures file face.j

You said it yourself - you are using nvidia, and as I posted, my solution with the paa files, ONLY helps people with ATI cards :)

I third these motions.

Option to disable downloading custom media. Also option to disable AI voice without pbo or messing with audio levels.

I like the disabling AI voice option in MP i vote yess

And when respawned in MP, it reports its location.... anoying when playing in a well filled server where everybody dies alot......

I have the same problem as rufflesgnr and I am not alone in my team. I have a GTX260 and a friend who has the same problem a 9800GT in SLI.

How can we improve it?

Because there is still ugly.

Sorry if my English is not good I'm french and I translated via google

Got the same problem, black isn't black, redish... looks heavily faded. 8800GTX. Someone without this problem please post a screen of a black face. I have yet to see true black, just the faded red which has been mentioned.

I am trying to get a custom face into the game but i cant figure out how to do it.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff105/KH_PuFu/face-1.jpg

Thats it. Do i have to re size it? I'm not very computer skilled and i was wondering if any of you fine folds could tell me in detail how to get this thing in the game and working. Thank you for you time.

In before the move to Troubleshooting section :p

(please dont kill meh Placebo :p )

All I am asking for is some help. The community is very helpful

Name it face.jpg and put it in "My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\**YOUR USERNAME**". Then select Custom face on the Edit Profile page.

I did that but it still wont show up in the game. I did exectly that

I have the same problem as rufflesgnr and I am not alone in my team. I have a GTX260 and a friend who has the same problem a 9800GT in SLI.

My face gave it custom

http://bst.resurection.free.fr/images/EroMusha.jpg

How can we improve it?

Because there is still ugly.

Sorry if my English is not good I'm french and I translated via google

I'm also having the same problem with my very black colour dominated custom face.

I'm also using a NVIDIA 8800M GTX card so it's not an ATI issue.

Perhaps this is something to do with Alpha Blending i.e. transparent texture setup?!

Can anyone confirm/fix this?

It is very indeed alpha.

look this screenshot of the custom front of a friend who wears a black and white balaclava .

D-man in humvee.jpg

Black is transparent as if it were an alpha.

I hope it will be corrected in a future patch. If it remains it would be a shame

Edited by STSu*EroMusha

Hi, in the full game, during the campaign, im almost sure that you can't use your choosen

custom face because you're supposed to be forced to play with a character, and BIS choosen

the face for that character don't allowing you to use the custom faces, but if in the editor

you don't see the custom face when you look at your character from a 3Rd person view...

then i don't know what it could be. Let's C ya

Hi, in the full game, during the campaign, im almost sure that you can't use your choosen

custom face because you're supposed to be forced to play with a character, and BIS choosen

the face for that character don't allowing you to use the custom faces, but if in the editor

you don't see the custom face when you look at your character from a 3Rd person view...

then i don't know what it could be. Let's C ya

During the campaign is true multiplayer but fortunately we can use our customized face and in the editor too. But the problem is located at the texture of it and mostly made of black is transparent

fix it please !!

Totally agree with you

Uhm, unless I'm getting this wrong, isn't is a good thing that black is alpha so that we can have transparent textures? Shouldn't be a problem raising the blacks a little in an editing software.

Transparent texture can be created by ourselves from our photo software. But if you decide to black, if one makes it to a texture that is it seems to be tissue. I do not see why we should accept the fact that our skin is not taken from the way it should.

I had no problem in the armed assault.

For some reason my custom face doesn't work in ArmA2, in my .jpeg file the guy is bold, but when I select custom face in ArmA 2 he has hair :confused: Does anyone know what's going on?

I haven't gone through the whole thread but I reckon that when your custom face (inside arma profile/save folder) turns blank (pale/white/no texture) when using it in MP it is a server side limitation right?

Thx

I haven't gone through the whole thread but I reckon that when your custom face (inside arma profile/save folder) turns blank (pale/white/no texture) when using it in MP it is a server side limitation right?

Thx

You should have read everything. The topic relates to the fact that the black black become transparent. But other colors are applied normally. When you view the profiles by all is ok. It is when the character is in the editor or on a server that the MP black become transparent.

If you find yourself with a completely white face that is translucent tone exceeds 95Ko jpg file and then in multiplayer it does not go through. ;)

Edited by STSu*EroMusha

Yeah just found out, resolution does not matter as long as its size does not exceed 95KB