Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

New Taviana Screen Shots!

Waiting to explore New Tavina...are you sure that AI will fight there? I would bet they will go sightseeing first. :)

Have you considered using any custom vegetation for your island? Berghoff's nature packs would surely add to the atmosphere.

There are some problems with this nature pack. Sometimes trees are "flying". Also in my opinion it's to colorful to this island atmosphere.

Yep. If you're making soviet-like island reduce palette of colours to 16.

Sorry for digging but I am just curious ;)

Martin any new progress with Taviana? Maybe a few new screens or info ?

Islands looks impressive and I'm will keep my finger for this :)

Seems like he has moved to ARMA2.

STGN

Thanks for Info STGN,That's very bad. I was dreamming to drive "freedom tunnel"... He promise release his island to Ofp :(

I bet he can be more creative with upgraded 2009-2010 game-engine ;)

Not only the engine and graphics are important in my opinion, but climate. Anyway he promise to release his islands to ofp,arma I and arma II. But he promise.. that's why I'm sad. :( Beside not everybody have a strong computer to play arma. I don't have. :/

More creative, ha ha. But what are you doing in this uncreative, outdated part of the forum anyway??????

And by the way I have not seen him actually write that he is not gonna release for OFP, maybe he will seems at least that he did a lot of work on his island already?

STGN

More creative, ha ha. But what are you doing in this uncreative, outdated part of the forum anyway??????

:D That was good :D I almost lost my teeth :) 1:0 to STGN

Edit- sorry for Offtopic

More creative, ha ha.

From what I've heard, AI still can't pass bridges, there is still 60 meters limit for buildings, no tunnels (Martin did it in OFP - that's why we want this island :D), there is only one big advantage of Arma2 when it comes to island-making: you're not forced to have water on zero level, so you can have lakes in mountains...

I also haven't noticed Martin making any island for Arma, maybe he just lost interest in addon-making?

Bielow said me that Martin wrote in pm to him that he don't release Taviana for ofp or Arma I... Maybe the main actor of this theater should say a few words ? Martin we waiting... I'm very sad. I was waiting for this islands for a very long time. It was the main reason why i register at this forum.. And why ? Why You release unfinished version ? :confused: This is a bullshit ...

g44.

look mate sometimes people get disserpointed with addon makers not releasing there stuff but in the end it is up to the addon makers not us bitching and whining dosent get people anyware it just annoys people so dont do it make it yourself if u want it that bad the techniqe to make tunnels is pretty easy i know how to do it but island making is not my thing so i wont..

please understand this its all about respect at the end of the day..

Dear fellow OFP fans!

I have some good and bad news, first the bad news:

A few months ago I had to make a tough decision, and I decided that I will no longer continue working on Taviana for OFP because as STGN said I can not be creative enough with OFP any more, before it was the best game for me but now there is a new and updated engine, ArmA 2 where I can do so much more. I have to admit that it wasn't easy saying good bye to OFP and it will always be in my heart but I also have to admit that what takes me 2 hours to do in WrpTool I can do in 20 minutes in Visitor 3 with much better results.

The good news!

The good news is that thanks to other people who have given a lot of time in to the community and developed a tool called Roller I was able to export Taviana in to ArmA 2! So I am now continuing to work on the island there, I was quiet about it for some time until I was able to make enough progress.

My apologies to those with slow computers

As much as I would love to release Taviana for OFP I can not even if I tried, because some parts of the island are imposable to recreate in OFP :sad: also if i was to recreate every object used on the ArmA 2 version I would waste a lot of time that I wish t use on future projects because BIS does not allow their models to be used in older games.

I know that some of you guys have slow computers that can't handle ArmA 2 and that not everyone has enough money to get a new PC but the truth is that OFP is to old now and that there are so many people who can play ArmA 2 so I think it would be unfair to the community and to BIS to keep on playing such an old game, this is not benefiting the community, just slowing down its progress which would soon result in our community disappearing. Some of you may say that graphics isn't the most important but the truth is everyone likes a bit of eye candy, even me and nobody will join the community to play a 10 year old game yet alone spend time developing addons for it, but thanks to ArmA 2 many new talented people have joined :smile: As the old Slavic saying goes "the old must go and the new must come"

I hope that you will be able to get faster computers and join us in ArmA 2 soon! My deepest apologies for not being able to hold my promise and release Taviana for OFP too :sad:

If you are interested in Taviana for ArmA 2 please see my new thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1719121#post1719121

Or visit my website which is back on-line: www.OFPBase.co.nr

So long guys, it was a pleasure to play OFP with you for all those years and I have memories that will never be replaced by AmrA 2:smile:

- Martin

Edited by -Martin-
Fixed spelling mistakes

Martin:

Don't leave OFP completely. Remember me and my missions. Also I'm going to make some addons for OFP.

UNFAIR TO COMMUNITY TO PLAY SO OLD GAME.

This community won't disappear even then both games still exist here.

Harsh words here. Sheesh.

Edited by 33BO11OF00
wth

Come on Martin. The pics looked great. Very sad that such great work is lost (for OFP).

UNFAIR TO COMMUNITY TO PLAY SO OLD GAME.

This community won't disappear even then both games still exist here.

Harsh words here. Sheesh.

It is unfair to the community that people make addons for such an old game when there is a brand new engine with such nice graphics and other entrancements that just goes to waste because people are afraid to try something new. When OFP came out it wasn't full of addons, but because people weren't afraid to leave the old game they played and come to OFP, it is now full of addons :smile: I believe that ArmA 2 will also be remembered as much as OFP but its time to let OFP go.

Come on Martin. The pics looked great. Very sad that such great work is lost (for OFP).

It is sad, but I think its also good in a way that the island will now be played by many people for many years to come in ArmA 2 :smile:

A few months ago I had to make a tough decision, and I decided that I will no longer continue working on Taviana for OFP because as STGN said I can not be creative enough with OFP any more, before it was the best game for me but now there is a new and updated engine, ArmA 2 where I can do so much more. I have to admit that it wasn't easy saying good bye to OFP and it will always be in my heart but I also have to admit that what takes me 2 hours to do in WrpTool I can do in 20 minutes in Visitor 3 with much better results.

- Martin

I think you miss interpreted what I said, it was Icebreaker who said that you can be more creative with ARMA2. I don't think you can be more creative, you may have more options in the ARMA2 engine but it does not make you more creative, I think less actually, productive is not the same as creative.

I am sad to hear that you are not gonna release but I respect your decision, you should do what you want to do, not what others want you to do in your free time.

STGN