Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

hi, do you know if arma2 will support my computer:

Please do not post your dxdiag txt crap, 99.99999999% of the content is useless, if you want help then take the 3 mins to manually write out the pertinent information.

Hi i really dont know a thing about PC and stuff but i wanna get Arma 2 but i dont know if my PC can handle it this is what i have,

SYSTEM:

Processor:AMD athlon 64 Processor 3700+

Operating system: Windows XP

DirectX version:9.0 or better

GRAPHICS:

Processor: Geforce 6150 LE

Video BIOS version:5.51.28.39.25

IRQ:16

BUS: Integrated

Memory: 256MB

Forceware version:82.05

TV Encorder Type:NVIDIA Integrated

I think i need to upgrade my Geforce but i dont wanna spend over 50-60 bucks.

Which is a better OS for my computer specs, Vista 32-bit or XP (SP3).

CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 2.30GHz Quad-Core

RAM: 4GB Corsair DDR2 800MHz

VID: Nvidia 9800GTX+

I just recently downgraded to XP from Vista 64bit and noticed a huge increase in performance, with this game. Now I know not all of my 4GB's of RAM are being used in XP, but I think the fact that I stepped back down to a 32bit System is what made a huge difference.

This is why I am wondering if going back to vista, where all my memory can be used, but keeping to the 32bit Version, instead of the 64bit version.

What do you guys think?

Hi i really dont know a thing about PC and stuff but i wanna get Arma 2 but i dont know if my PC can handle it this is what i have,

SYSTEM:

GRAPHICS:

I think i need to upgrade my Geforce but i dont wanna spend over 50-60 bucks.

Ouch. You won't find much of anything that will run the game at decent settings for 50-60. Bump that up to 100 and you can get something that'll work though.

Well I finished my upgrade today, I now have

AMD 9850

Ati Radeon 4890 1GB Clocked to 920Mhz core and 4400Mhz ram

4Gb Ram

Windows 7 64 Bit

I upped my settings to High/very high and in the editor my FPS with 5-6 squads fighting went to 50-75 steady - so far soo good!

In the campaign in the first big mission where you have to find the guy (no spoilers!) as soon as I enter the first city it drops to 20-30 fps!

I dont know what the heck is causing the slow up, aside from buiying an i7 My spec cant go much higher :(

Can somone tell me where i can buy a decent one and affordable(nothing over 120$)

Can somone tell me where i can buy a decent one and affordable(nothing over 120$)

Try newegg.com

I just recently downgraded to XP from Vista 64bit and noticed a huge increase in performance, with this game. Now I know not all of my 4GB's of RAM are being used in XP, but I think the fact that I stepped back down to a 32bit System is what made a huge difference.

This is why I am wondering if going back to vista, where all my memory can be used, but keeping to the 32bit Version, instead of the 64bit version.

What do you guys think?

Have you tried 64-bit Windows 7 RC? It runs great for me, and I hear it gives a substantial performance increase in ArmA II over Vista, so it may be worth a try.

Have you tried 64-bit Windows 7 RC? It runs great for me, and I hear it gives a substantial performance increase in ArmA II over Vista, so it may be worth a try.

I havent got a CD Burner at the moment, nore the money to spend on a new OS, sadly :(

Try newegg.com

Thanks but im have troubling deciding witch one i should get for arma 2, can u tell me which one i should get?(i really dont understand the big words)

The RC of Windows 7 is free to download and use (Expires April 2010). I'd say that if you have a problem with Vista, XP might be a better choice, but I'd seriously consider downloading it from here and asking friends/family to let you use their DVD burner to burn a copy. I'm not usually a fan of MS stuff, but even in its Release Candidate form its easily the best Windows they've released in a long time.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Thanks but im have troubling deciding witch one i should get for arma 2, can u tell me which one i should get?(i really dont understand the big words)

What are you looking for? A Graphics card?

Is the Windows 7 RC upgradeable via a current XP install like the vista upgrades are?

(i.e. Dont need to burn anything, just run the .exe from ur desktop and upgrade it to vista)

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

[/color]

What are you looking for? A Graphics card?

Ya

It's an ISO image, which you could mount using a free software tool like Virtual Clone Drive. It cant upgrade from XP, but it can from Vista. Im pretty sure you have to have the DVD in the drive though after it restarts so Im not sure if that's going to work though. Sure you cant your hands on a DVD burner? :p

It's an ISO image, which you could mount using a free software tool like Virtual Clone Drive. It cant upgrade from XP, but it can from Vista. Im pretty sure you have to have the DVD in the drive though after it restarts so Im not sure if that's going to work though. Sure you cant your hands on a DVD burner? :p

Yeah, none of my buddies seem to have one, but then again they arent much for computer users either.

Can somone help me find one on newegg thatll work fine and its around 90-120$(or under would be amazing)

What details, resolution, fps can I expect to in this game with my system specs?

Core2Duo 3666mhz

8800GTX SLI

2GB DDR2 4-4-4-15

Acer26" 1920x1200

@Justin:

Here.

What's the rest of your system specs?

Yeah, none of my buddies seem to have one, but then again they arent much for computer users either.

Weird, any computer made within the past 4 years or so should have one as standard. What about at work/college? (if applicable)

Are you sure you don't have a DVD burner? Unless you built your computer yourself from old parts, a computer you bought in a store that can run Vista would more than likely have a DVD burner.

Edited by echo1

I dont know how to check but this is what i know

SYSTEM:

GRAPHICS:

Google for a program called CPU-Z and download it. Run it, and find out what sort make and model of motherboard you have.

Even if you can upgrade, your CPU is probably too slow. You can't really upgrade it, because most of the CPUs that could replace it are also too slow. So you'll need a new motherboard, new RAM, probably a new PSU. Basically an entire new PC.

EDIT: Some of the stuff I posted originally was misleading due to me confusing models of CPU, corrected.

Edited by echo1