Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

no sli probs here either, even though I'm running ancient gtx260's.

Hi, folks,

I managed to grab an AGP Radeon x1650 pro very cheaply, thus providing me an 'in' to the SM3 world. So, of course, I've been testing Arma2Free. I managed to get in on an AAS game with 53 players and found the experience, gameplay-wise, acceptable, much to my surprise (holy smokes! no slide show!). I'm playing @ 1024x768, with everything else as low as it goes, except terrain detail, which is at 'Normal'. The CPU is an Athlon64 4000+, single-core, and the RAM is 3 Gigs.

In anticipation of grabbing OA, would anyone provide tips for playing with a low-spec computer? I've run into a bunch of tweaks that apply to more capable hardware, but not much for the player satisfied with playing @ the lowest video settings. Anything in the config/profile that is applicable with the latest updates?

Thanks for any help! I was extremely excited to be able to play AAS in the Arma world.

Anguis

Hi, folks,

I managed to grab an AGP Radeon x1650 pro very cheaply, thus providing me an 'in' to the SM3 world. So, of course, I've been testing Arma2Free. I managed to get in on an AAS game with 53 players and found the experience, gameplay-wise, acceptable, much to my surprise (holy smokes! no slide show!). I'm playing @ 1024x768, with everything else as low as it goes, except terrain detail, which is at 'Normal'. The CPU is an Athlon64 4000+, single-core, and the RAM is 3 Gigs.

In anticipation of grabbing OA, would anyone provide tips for playing with a low-spec computer? I've run into a bunch of tweaks that apply to more capable hardware, but not much for the player satisfied with playing @ the lowest video settings. Anything in the config/profile that is applicable with the latest updates?

Thanks for any help! I was extremely excited to be able to play AAS in the Arma world.

Anguis

was it free? :D

You can try the arrowhead demo to see if it runs.

To improve performance in arma 2 (and probably arrowhead too) there are some lowdetail vegetation mods and stuff. proper mod I thought it was called.

So far I've played ARMA 2 on the AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 BE 2.7GHz, with 2GB Kingston HyperX DDR2, PC1066 and GIGABYTE Radeon HD 3870 512MB GDDR3, and somehow it worked ok, and it was playable.

Now I have to change my motherboard, which entails a new processor (Socket AM3) and DDR3 memory. I'll probably buy the AMD Athlon II X3 455, 3.30 GHz (with a little luck can be unlocked one dormant core and to be Phenom II X4 B55). I will put in 4GB DDR3 PC1600, but it will remain this card for now, GIGABYTE Radeon HD 3870 512MB GDDR3.

What progress can I expect in Arma 2 with this upgrade, because the card still remain the same?

P.S.

Sorry for my English :)

Should be a big performance boost, especially in cities or with lots of ai.

What settings should I really use for best gameplay ? PC spec in sig.

the lower the better I guess. What cpu do you have? Quadcore 2.6 might be a phenom I, in that case it's pretty slow.

gpu is very slow too (just about the minimum requirements), but you should be able to play.

Hi Haz,

i have a low budget PC

i can play on normal setups and it has been running well untill now with some some lags what have everybody else too from time to time .

i mean other guys with better hardware have lags too .

System: MEDION Mainboard MSI N1996 / CPU Q6600 4x2,4GHz / RAM 4GHz DDR2 266 Mhz / GKA GEFORCE GTS250 512MHz.

you have to find best setups of your PC,it takes a lot of work ;)

-i have played on high gamesetups too but when more ppl on server fps will be dropping down to 15 or worse.

i hope i could help you:dance1:

I'm planning out a new Sandy Bridge build (still waiting for 6xx series of Nvidia GPUs) and I'm wondering if there is any point in buying an i7 2600k over an i5 2500k. I intend to overclock.

Will ArmA 3 take advantage of HyperThreading on the 2600k?

In my opinion the i7 2.6k isn't necessary! Price gap is over €60 at my place(GER). So, i can't find any point to buy a i7 2.6k

Edit: OC with my i5 2.5k is simple!. Fine tuning inside the bios is a bit challenging to find a constant, not overvolting Setting(Vdropping).

Take a look in my sig ;)

Edited by flashleitz

In my opinion the i7 2.6k isn't necessary! Price gap is over €60 at my place(GER). So, i can't find any point to buy a i7 2.6k

Edit: OC with my i5 2.5k is simple!. Fine tuning inside the bios is a bit challenging to find a constant, not overvolting Setting(Vdropping).

Take a look in my sig ;)

Yeah, I plan to build something similar, except with the Z68 chipset and SLI.

There's a roughly $100 difference between the i5 2500k and the i7 2600k (it varies from vendor to vendor) here and it's something that I'll pay if it will have a large effect on FPS.

I've already overclocked my Phenom II from 3.0 to 3.85 so I know how that goes, thanks anyway.

There's a roughly $100 difference between the i5 2500k and the i7 2600k (it varies from vendor to vendor) here and it's something that I'll pay if it will have a large effect on FPS.

That's precisely what flashleitz is trying to say, i.e. in all likelihood it will NOT have a significant impact on your performance. If you're serious about improving your OA/A3 experience then you'd be better off putting that $100 towards an SSD or TrackIR.

Unfortunately it's not at 1080P or higher in some games, ArmA 2 being one of them.

Unfortunately it's not at 1080P or higher in some games, ArmA 2 being one of them.

BIS' lead developer and others beg to differ.

2GB should be fine for all single-screen resolutions up 1920x1200.

Hey guys!

I've been playing the game with everything on Very High, Post Processing Low, HDR Medium, 100% 3D Res and 3K VD, with an average of 45 fps.

But suddenly it dropped and "locked" in 13 fps when playing in Chernarus, and it's even worse when trying the second benchmark.

I haven't installed anything new, or modified any files.

Any suggestions to fix it?

Thanks!

EDIT:

Sorry, post in the wrong place.

Please mods, move it to the right forum if possible.

Edited by GOLGO_13

BangTail

how do you like your ati 7970 crossfire? i just bought one...should i buy another one ( i am an fps whore and enthusiast) or should wait for the 7990 and trifire?or even wait for the new nvidia and buy the gtx 680 or gtx 690( i can use my 7970 on my other rig or sell it)? i have this set up with an 5970+5870. And crossfire scales very good for me (-winx always have to be on the shortcut)! the only problem is when opening map in game makes crossfire stop working and works again when closing it! Does this work with your SLI?

Heyy, Just bought new cpu for my computer and just wondering how well ARMA 2 will run.

Can't use "Can you run it" at moment as I haven't got cpu yet

Specs:

CPU I got coming: Intel Core 2 Quad Q7600 2.66ghz x4 - 2mb cache (Dont know if that matters)

Grahpics Card: Sapphire Radeon 5450 HD 1GB DDR3

RAM: 2GB

I hope to be able to run ARMA 2 smoothly at medium settings with a nice view distance but no shadows.

Thanks

BangTail

how do you like your ati 7970 crossfire? i just bought one...should i buy another one ( i am an fps whore and enthusiast) or should wait for the 7990 and trifire?or even wait for the new nvidia and buy the gtx 680 or gtx 690( i can use my 7970 on my other rig or sell it)? i have this set up with an 5970+5870. And crossfire scales very good for me (-winx always have to be on the shortcut)! the only problem is when opening map in game makes crossfire stop working and works again when closing it! Does this work with your SLI?

Not a huge fan of it tbh, it has been problematic in several games (ArmA 2 being one of them).

My experiences with CF have been way more negative than positive through every iteration of it. When it works, it's fantastic, but it's getting it to work that can be more trouble and time than it is worth.

Brilliant single GPU solution but I can't, in good conscience, recommend 7970 CF to you.

Looks like I'm sticking with the 580s in the main box for now.

No issues with SLI in Arma 2 that I am aware of apart from periodic flashing on loading screens but this does not transfer into the game.

Nvidia does have the '680' coming in a few weeks, it won't be the flagship of the Kepler line (GK-110 coming in August apparently).

*Edit*

There are 4GB versions so I will be picking 2 up on the 23rd :D

http://vr-zone.com/articles/nvidia-kepler-takes-shape-geforce-gtx-680-to-offer-dynamic-clocking-2-and-4gb-gddr5/15148.html#ixzz1oY7AtUkP

There are some supposed performance 'leaks' but I won't comment until I see some official info.

Edited by BangTail