Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Hey guys!

I finally got an EVGA GTX 570 with 2.5GB VRAM, but I'm not sure about which PSU would be enough for a future SLI.

My specs:

CPU: I5 2500K (@ 3.7 Turbo)

Mobo: Asus P8P67-M PRO

RAM: 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600.

I used this PSU calculator to have an idea of how much power is required: http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine.

Minimum PSU Wattage: 720 W

Recommended PSU Wattage: 770W

Is this PSU calculator any good, or should I use other way to find out how much power is necessary?

Thanks!

You might well get away with 750w, but IMHO you want at least ~100w headroom, so you are looking at 850w (or higher).

Edited by BangTail

basically right.

but note, that Arma2 is ONLY[aside CAD/CAE stuff] project/product, that [seriously]benefited from 2Gb or more on-board video memory on you GPU card.

basically right.

but note, that Arma2 is ONLY[aside CAD/CAE stuff] project/product, that [seriously]benefited from 2Gb or more on-board video memory on you GPU card.

Just stop talking already, I see you spouting nonsense in multiple threads.

There are plenty of games that will push over 2GBs of VRAM these days.

Edited by BangTail

Just stop talking already, I see you spouting nonsense in multiple threads.

There are plenty of games that will push over 2GBs of VRAM these days.

what wrong w/you? bad day?

hm, hardly can call them "many" aside Arma2 ? can you enumerate yours ?

personally im noticed only Crysis1 with extreme quality modification and AvP in DX11 mode.

but Arma2 beat them ALL.

No, I'm tired of you spreading misinformation.

Edited by BangTail

what wrong w/you? bad day?

hm, hardly can call them "many" aside Arma2 ? can you enumerate yours ?

personally im noticed only Crysis1 with extreme quality modification and AvP in DX11 mode.

but Arma2 beat them ALL.

Try bf3, that thing eats vram, also because there's probably a browser+windows aero running in the background.

In many games there's no benefit but if you run out it's very annoying.

Hey BangTail do you have arma 2 in both rigs? Does the i7 3930K perform better in arma 2?

Thanks.

It is, just not for gaming because developers, for the most part, don't utilize the available horsepower.

You have to remember that most games don't even make use of 4 cores properly at this point (there are some exceptions such as Frostbite 2). This is changing but SB-E is a workstation platform and is not aimed at gamers.

Alienware M11X R3
i5 2467M
1GB GT540M
8GB 1333MHZ RAM

Vanilla Arma 2 (Arrowhead NOT installed)

Averages about 30fps on high settings @ 1366 x 768

With a minimum of 18fps in the most demanding moments

Playable.

Just thought I'd post this information regarding my laptop in case anyone is interested in buying an Armatop.

So if i wanna upgrade should i get a LGA 1155 or LGA 2011? 2011 have 6 cores and performs about the same as 1155 for games? And will be able to upgrade to IB-E? Its manly for games.

I read somewhere that arma 3 will support 6 cores!

So if i wanna upgrade should i get a LGA 1155 or LGA 2011? 2011 have 6 cores and performs about the same as 1155 for games? And will be able to upgrade to IB-E? Its manly for games.

For games, get the 1155 i5 or i7. There is no true gains from LGA 2011 CPUs for games, especially BIS

I read somewhere that arma 3 will support 6 cores!

Doubtful, and there is no official word on the matter either way.

Besides, before BIS takes the step to support 6 true cores , they need to be able to take advantage of the virtual cores = threads available in most of today's CPUs (intel anyways).

That said, at this very moment, besides Frostbyte, there is no other game engine out there that supports hyperthreading.

I can tell you now, that there is hardly any difference between my i7 2600k(4c/8t) and i7 970(6c/12t) (both clocked at same speed, same OS and plenty of ram to spare) regarding A2.

I´m still on my old 775 System :

http://www.sysprofile.de/id115788

ArmA runs pretty well on that. But to be honest : i have no clue on what Platform i should change next time. It should be Intel for shure, but the Market is so f**** fast now, that it is really difficult to find the right Parts for myself. :D

so my i7 920 oc to 4.3 is good enough for the next 2 years?

Perfectly capable CPU, you've just got to hope it will survive two years with that healthy 4.3GHZ overclock :D

Thanks everyone, it looks like I'll be bulding some sort of diorama for Christamas instead as it costs less and still has some strategic, tactical, and a lot of fun factor in it. Wish me luck! Don't worry though once I graduate boot camp I'll be building myself a snazzy gaming PC and buy ARMA 3, see you on the field in ~10 months boys. :bounce3:

Can anyone who moved from Core2Quad/Phenom II X4 to i5 2500k/i7 2600k tell me if and how much more their life became better?

Can anyone who moved from Core2Quad/Phenom II X4 to i5 2500k/i7 2600k tell me if and how much more their life became better?

I went from a Q6600 to an i7 2600k and my life became better by exactly this much:

->|____________________________________________|<-

True story. ;)

In all seriousness though, there was a definite and noticable improvement, but it's rather hard to quantify. I know I was able to increase several settings in Arma2 (most noticably view distance and object detail) while still seeing better framerates.

It would be great, if arma had some kind of built-in benchmark. I didn't notice any difference when moving from 4,2G core i3-530 to 3,8G i5-750 (and I hoped there will be noticeable increase in fps, as many people say that arma is very cpu-power hungry). My system could be bottlenecked by gtx260 however..but still..-.-

It would be great, if arma had some kind of built-in benchmark. I didn't notice any difference when moving from 4,2G core i3-530 to 3,8G i5-750 (and I hoped there will be noticeable increase in fps, as many people say that arma is very cpu-power hungry). My system could be bottlenecked by gtx260 however..but still..-.-

there are 2 benchmark in ArmA II :)

there are 2 benchmark in ArmA II :)

damn, where? Are you saying that I missed anything in my favourite game? :)