Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Can I come out from under the table now………:p

I have plugged in my Ethernet cable from the BT Home Hub into the PC but I can't get an Internet connection? Sorry to ask yet another question but does anybody know what's gone wrong? It's not even detecting a network, and before you ask yes my Hub is definitely on. Hopefully this is the last question I will need to ask in this thread!

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

NVM I got it! LOL sorry guys but once again thank you so much! I honestly can't thank you enough. I will download Steam soon then ArmA II or OA (which first?) which will take about 8 hours. ATM downloading drivers.

I have a HP pavillion p7-1228 PC

The specs are:

Windows 7 Home Premium

2nd Generation Intel Core i3-2100 Processor

8GB DDR3 system memory

Intel HD Graphics 2000

1 Terabyte Hard Drive

It is only about 8 months old.

there's no dedicated graphics card in it? intel hd2000 really isn't up to the job, even at very low resolutions.

I have a HP pavillion p7-1228 PC

The specs are:

Windows 7 Home Premium

2nd Generation Intel Core i3-2100 Processor

8GB DDR3 system memory

Intel HD Graphics 2000

1 Terabyte Hard Drive

It is only about 8 months old.

no, it won't, no matter if it's 10 mins old or older.

I can run Iron Front Liberation 1944 at full visibility/resolution and 50% HD resolution, it looks decent. So i might have to get a better graphics card to run arma. People say it runs on wind 7. Anything else i need to do? and which one of the arma 2 should i get, i like to get games from GG but i could try steam if thats the best deal.

You can run Iron Front! well that’s great, then you should run Arma 2 then. Buy Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead (they are ‘Combined Operations’ together), you could buy a ‘X’ edition or the anniversary edition which include both. I would buy them direct from the BIS store, from their website here..

Now obviously this is only if you can run 'IF', if as you say you can, then you should scrape by with Arrowhead at least..

Yes I use Win7 64 or 32 bit, I run the game from 32bit, better fps for some reason i.e. not from ‘x86’ Program files. Also have a target line similar to this below, it should load faster and the –winxp helps the game too..

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe -nosplash -nofilepatching -skipintro -winxp -world=empty -cpucount=4

(cpu=4 or whatever you have).

Hope you can run it to some degree..:)

Hi

Back from many weeks away on a major project, I find I've been given W8 Pro for my birthday (I didn't want it actually, would rather have had W7; but apart from not wanting to hurt my GF's feeling in any event, she has a black belt in Aikido :nervous: ).

I've been planning to upgrade to get as ready as possible for A3 without actually buying a new PC.

Current main system is:

Intel i5-750

Asus P7P55D LE

4GB G-Skill DDR3 PC3-10700 (667MHz) (F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ)

WD Caviar Black 500GB

Radeon 1GB HD5850 (725MHz)

System was overclocked to 4GHz when I inherited it & is rock-steady.

So I'm thinking about:

SSD: how do you rate the Crucial 64GB M4 CT064M4SSD2 RealSSD: Read 415MB/s, Write 95MB/s?

I'm guessing that read speed is more important than write (apart from the boot). Please CMIIW. Is 64 GB big enough, assuming I install W8?

Memory: upgrading, there's a local company with some special 'private' deals on Crucial memory (same speed, memory is equivalent spec & on Asus' certified list); I don't know whether to go for 2x4GB or 2x8GB.

2x8 GB would presumably allow me to use a RAM drive. Would that be a better option than an SSD? Or would just 2x4GB + the SSD make more sense / be more cost-effective?

How about 4x8GB and no SSD, using most of the memory for a RAM drive?

Graphics card: from the same company I can also buy an Asus 2GB HD7850-DC2-2GD5-V2 (DirectCU II 860MHz 28nm 4800MHz GDDR5) - for GBP 125 seems like a great bargain, only Q is will hack it for A3?

Upgrading the CPU isn't an option as socket 1156 is obsolete & I would never buy 2nd hand kit.

So, whats the best route? What would you say are the key bottlenecks in the current system, & what would the best combination of upgrades to meet the (still all too indeterminate) requirements for A3?

I'm not a geek, so please don't get too technical :)

Kind regards

Orc

Simple question. Will I be able to run ArmA II: CO at at least 25-30 fps? On a side note, the systemrequirementslab.com thing doesn't work for me for some reason.

CPU: AMD A8-3520M APU 1.6/2.4 Ghz Quad Core

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7690M/AMD Radeon HD 6620G (dual cards w/ crossfire)

RAM: 6GB

HD: 500gb (350 free)

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

@ orcinus, I'd get a SSD for your OS and arma 2 and get a 2x4GB memory kit, will probably work fine in combination with your current memory kit so you'll have a massive 12GB if it works and still 8 if it doesnt.

4x8 will probably not work, dont think the P55 chipset supports 8GB sticks.

As for the gpu, I'd just wait until a3 hits before upgrading. A 7850 will be noticably faster but it's not twice as fast, besides, arma2 is usually cpu limited, so a gpu will not always help.

@ Cosmic Trashbin

That cpu is not very fast and arma 2 is very demanding on the cpu, it'll start and you'll be able to run some missions reasonably well on modest settings but other missions with lots of units will be a slideshow.

@ orcinus, I'd get a SSD for your OS and arma 2 and get a 2x4GB memory kit, will probably work fine in combination with your current memory kit so you'll have a massive 12GB if it works and still 8 if it doesnt.

4x8 will probably not work, dont think the P55 chipset supports 8GB sticks.

As for the gpu, I'd just wait until a3 hits before upgrading. A 7850 will be noticably faster but it's not twice as fast, besides, arma2 is usually cpu limited, so a gpu will not always help.

Thank you, Leon86, that's really helpful. I hadn't checked the Asus QVL before posting, cheers for the heads-up on the limit to the stick size.

I've decided on an Intel 520 series 120GB SSD (the 5-year warranty was the clincher, plus apparently it has a Intel-only 'special' version of the controller s/w that fixes a BSOD issue).

The existing memory is obsolete so it goes out to make room for 2x4GB of the latest 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance. If that isn't enough then another 2x4GB could be added later, but I suspect that 8GB plus the SSD will be enough - at least til A3 appears.

Kind regards

Urc

Specs:

i5 3570k ivy bridge (3.4ghz, 3.8 ghz turbo boost)

PowerColor 7850 2gb

8gb DDr3 1600

7200 RPM 6.0gb/s 1tb HD

1920/1080 resolution monitor

I see a lot of new options in the video settings screen and just need to know what would be the best settings (for my rig) that look the best but also give me somewhat decent FPS.

Few things:

ATOC gives my trees and grass a weird grid bug so I don't think I can use it. Also, PP effects usually stay at Low. Thanks!

Also, are there any settings that I need to change in order to fully take advantage of my machine? Like, number of cores to use? ect.

Edited by Acoustic

I am thinking of buying this PC, how well would it run ARMA 2 CO?

Case : Venus Gamers Style Case

Motherboard : Gigabyte 78LMT Motherboard Technology

CPU : AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3ghz 8mb Cache

Hard Drive : 1tb Sata Hard Drive

Memory : 8gb DDR3 1333 Memory

Optical Drive : 24x Dual Layer Sata DVD Writer

Graphics Card : ATI Radeon 6670 2gb DDR3 with HDMI Hyper Memory Upto 3.8gb

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit With Disc and License

1 Year Return To Base Warranty ( Upgradeable to 3 Years )

I'm looking to buy a new computer to replace my old one. Both of them are laptops though.

These are the components of the new laptop I'm looking to buy, and I was wondering if they are good enough to run Arma 2 And Operation Arrowhead? on at least Normal?

3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i5-3210M processor 2.5 GHz dual Cores

6GB DDR3 memory, 1TB HDD storage

HD graphics support

Graphics Coprocessor Intel HD 4000 Graphics

15.6†LED backlit HD display (1366×768), 16:9 widescreen

I'm looking to buy a new computer to replace my old one. Both of them are laptops though.

These are the components of the new laptop I'm looking to buy, and I was wondering if they are good enough to run Arma 2 And Operation Arrowhead? on at least Normal?

3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i5-3210M processor 2.5 GHz dual Cores

6GB DDR3 memory, 1TB HDD storage

HD graphics support

Graphics Coprocessor Intel HD 4000 Graphics

15.6†LED backlit HD display (1366×768), 16:9 widescreen

Probably not on normal, you would need a dedicated videocard for that.

Probably not on normal, you would need a dedicated videocard for that.

The video/graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GT 630M dedicated graphics card with 2 GB GDDR3 memory and support for DirectX 11. I think.

Okay, as you all know Christmas is coming up, and after the holidays I will have some money to spend. I have been looking for a while and want to know if these few things will run Arma II.

What I am upgrading:

-Motherboard: I am planning to upgrade this to a Asus P8B75-M

-Processor: I am planning to upgrade this to intel Core i7 3770

-Ram: planning on updraging this to 16GB DDR3-1600

-Video card: I am planning on upgrading this to a nVidia geforce gt 640 or a Asus gtx 550 ti

Okay so here is my question, will I be able to run Arma II on at least medium setting smoothly? My budget is $600 so please make suggestions! :) Thanks!

Edited by Beastlygrandpa

I am thinking of buying this PC, how well would it run ARMA 2 CO?

Case : Venus Gamers Style Case

Motherboard : Gigabyte 78LMT Motherboard Technology

CPU : AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3ghz 8mb Cache

Hard Drive : 1tb Sata Hard Drive

Memory : 8gb DDR3 1333 Memory

Optical Drive : 24x Dual Layer Sata DVD Writer

Graphics Card : ATI Radeon 6670 2gb DDR3 with HDMI Hyper Memory Upto 3.8gb

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit With Disc and License

1 Year Return To Base Warranty ( Upgradeable to 3 Years )

I have no experience with that particular cpu, it's not very fast but should run this ok. Gpu is a bit weak though.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

The video/graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GT 630M dedicated graphics card with 2 GB GDDR3 memory and support for DirectX 11. I think.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-630M.63761.0.html

Def. not a powerfull gpu, but if you dont mind running on very low resolutions you should be able to run this.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Okay, as you all know Christmas is coming up, and after the holidays I will have some money to spend. I have been looking for a while and want to know if these few things will run Arma II.

What I am upgrading:

-Motherboard: I am planning to upgrade this to a Asus P8B75-M

-Processor: I am planning to upgrade this to intel Core i7 3770

-Ram: planning on updraging this to 16GB DDR3-1600

-Video card: I am planning on upgrading this to a nVidia geforce gt 640 or a Asus gtx 550 ti

Okay so here is my question, will I be able to run Arma II on at least medium setting smoothly? My budget is $600 so please make suggestions! :) Thanks!

If you want to run this well I recommend spending a bit less on the cpu, and more on the gpu.

or i5-3330 and a gtx660 or something. i5's perform identical to i7's in arma and all other games.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Specs:

i5 3570k ivy bridge (3.4ghz, 3.8 ghz turbo boost)

PowerColor 7850 2gb

8gb DDr3 1600

7200 RPM 6.0gb/s 1tb HD

1920/1080 resolution monitor

I see a lot of new options in the video settings screen and just need to know what would be the best settings (for my rig) that look the best but also give me somewhat decent FPS.

Few things:

ATOC gives my trees and grass a weird grid bug so I don't think I can use it. Also, PP effects usually stay at Low. Thanks!

Also, are there any settings that I need to change in order to fully take advantage of my machine? Like, number of cores to use? ect.

trial and error, I'd keep shadows on high or above, the lower shadow stuff is done by the cpu, looks bad and costs performance. Model detail and terrian detail are pretty heavy on the cpu, viewdistance as well, so try to get a nice balance between them. No tweaks are required to make use of quads.

I have no experience with that particular cpu, it's not very fast but should run this ok. Gpu is a bit weak though.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Def. not a powerfull gpu, but if you dont mind running on very low resolutions you should be able to run this.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

If you want to run this well I recommend spending a bit less on the cpu, and more on the gpu.

or i5-3330 and a gtx660 or something. i5's perform identical to i7's in arma and all other games.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

trial and error, I'd keep shadows on high or above, the lower shadow stuff is done by the cpu, looks bad and costs performance. Model detail and terrian detail are pretty heavy on the cpu, viewdistance as well, so try to get a nice balance between them. No tweaks are required to make use of quads.

Okay thanks, no matter what I get it will be an extreme upgrade from what I have now, My motherboard is an ASRock 775vm800 and only holds 2gb of ram but I only have 1 gb in it and my video card is only a 256 mb card so as of right now my computer is worth maybe $100. If I make those upgrades what fps do you think I could expect?

Thanks, right now my motherboard is an ASRock 775vm800 and only holds 2gb of ram and I only have 1gig in it. Once I make these upgrades what FPS could I expect?

Thanks, right now my motherboard is an ASRock 775vm800 and only holds 2gb of ram and I only have 1gig in it. Once I make these upgrades what FPS could I expect?

depends on settings, and the mission. anyway an ivy i5 and a gtx660 is high end hardware, will run everything great unless you go overboard with settings.

depends on settings, and the mission. anyway an ivy i5 and a gtx660 is high end hardware, will run everything great unless you go overboard with settings.

I'm looking at gameplay and these cards right now, they look amazing, most people are playing with lower end i5 CPUs and higher end graphics cards with all settings on high or very high with 40 fps or more. Thanks for the help :) I cant wait to play Arma, I already bought it but i get 1 fps... I'd just like an opinion on a motherboard upgrade. A 2 gig ram isn't cutting it for me.

Edited by Beastlygrandpa

I'm looking at gameplay and these cards right now, they look amazing, most people are playing with lower end i5 CPUs and higher end graphics cards with all settings on high or very high with 40 fps or more. Thanks for the help :) I cant wait to play Arma, I already bought it but i get 1 fps... I'd just like an opinion on a motherboard upgrade. A 2 gig ram isn't cutting it for me.

A decent Z77 motherboard would be nice to have, anyway, with the 2 ram slots you can still run 2x4GB ram so that's not that much of a drawback.

If I were to buy new stuff I'd probably go for a gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, or asus price equivalent like the P8Z77-M PRO, but I'd want to overclock, if you dont want that you can get something a bit cheaper.

Hi again, one of my friends were thinking about building a budget gaming computer, and he was wondering if the components were good enough to run Arma II and Op. Arrowhead.

Cpu - Intel Core i3-2120 Dual-Core Processor 3.3 GHz 3 MB Cache LGA 1155

RAM - G.SKILL NS 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333

Graphics card - Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 (11200-16-20G) 1024MB PCIe x16 Gen 3.0 Eyefinity 2.0 Edition

Motherboard - ASRock B75M LGA 1155 Intel B75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Edited by Darksider45