Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

just checking, but is your computer using pci-e or agp?

It'using PCI-E.

What about VTX 3D Radeon HD5450 Silent 1GB?

It's better to recommend me some graphic card to play A2 OA. I am not good with PC components.

This is some list of graphic cards i plan to buy one of them., But don't know which one is good for arma and for my specs:

Gigabyte Radeon HD 6570 1GB 128bit - GV-R657OC-1GI

VTX 3D Radeon HD5450 Silent 1GB

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD6450 1GB DDR3 PCI-E - 11190-13-20G

Gigabyte Radeon HD 6450 1GB 64bit - GV-R645OC-1GI

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD6670 1024MB DDR3 PCI-E (Bulk) - 11192-22-10G

Edited by mladjaSRB

you can compare graphics cards here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

I recommend you get something in the same general performance as a gtx275 / gtx460, you will be severely cpu bottlenecked but the cards in that segment can be had for very little, so no real point gettings something slower. I sold my gtx260 for 45,- euro's a year ago or something, you should be able to get something decent for a low price.

you can compare graphics cards here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

I recommend you get something in the same general performance as a gtx275 / gtx460, you will be severely cpu bottlenecked but the cards in that segment can be had for very little, so no real point gettings something slower. I sold my gtx260 for 45,- euro's a year ago or something, you should be able to get something decent for a low price.

Ok. Thanks very much. Just one questio.

What whit this graphics cards AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128bit R6670-MD1GD3 V2 and AMD Radeon HD 6570 1GB 128bit GV-R657OC-1GI

In Serbia both gtx460 and 275 are about 140-150e, and i am limited with money, graphic up to 80-90 euros.

gtx 460 and 275 are not being made anymore, but secondhand they're very cheap and have epic performance compared to what you have now.

if you look for something new a hd7770 would be a good choice. what do they sell for?

what Leon said is right,

all the cards you mentioned are very low end and won´t suffice to play ArmA2 properly, even on lowest settings :/

well, lowest setting is something some people underestimate too. I can run arma 2 free on a 7600GT if I set the resolution low enough.

I've been told I should've posted this here.

I thought I had a fairly good system, Phenom II X4 955 @3.8Ghz, 6950 2GB, 16GB RAM but whilst I occasionally hit 60FPS or higher (mostly when looking at the ground or sky) most of the time the framerates are 30-45 or even lower. I don't have a SSD yet but the low framerates occur when I'm just still, looking at something (seems to often get worse when zooming in as well), so it's obviously not caused by being unable to load new data quickly enough. I've even disabled ATOC and AA (using SMAA V.High instead) and put PP on V.Low or Disabled as well as disabling Shadows but still can't maintain a good framerate.

So, the question is, are you able to maintain a Vsync'd 60+ FPS to prevent the horrible tearing and if so, what uber system do you have that lets you achieve that?

Before anyone says " the FPS you get are perfectly fine for your hardware. Maybe just disable any software that shows FPS and just enjoy the game?" I'd like to point out that I can't even Double Vsync to 30 FPS as it often drops below even that, so at the moment I'm forced to put up with the horrible tearing. As there's a Vsync option in settings, I assume that it was intended/imagined that some people would be able to maintain at least 60 FPS, so are there any of you out there?

doveman: I used to have pretty much the same rig as u do and got about the same fps, which i was not happy about so I upgraded to SB2500K@4.4Ghz and 560 Ti SLI and SSD and now the FPS I get is mostly 60 (depends on island and video settings still) and I still use V-sync cos the tearing makes the game choppy. The second 560Ti let me just bump the video settings up (AA from 0 to 5) and SSD took away the occasional jerking/loading of textures but 2500K@4.0ish was the biggest factor of all. Heck 2500K@Stock was way better than my old 955@3.8.

As there's a Vsync option in settings, I assume that it was intended/imagined that some people would be able to maintain at least 60 FPS, so are there any of you out there?

I dont think so, lots of ai and a big city will break every system.

if you want to kill tearing you could experiment with frame limiters, I like limiting the fps slightly over screen fps, so 63 fps, or 31 fps, matches decently with mouse polling rate too.

doveman: I used to have pretty much the same rig as u do and got about the same fps, which i was not happy about so I upgraded to SB2500K@4.4Ghz and 560 Ti SLI and SSD and now the FPS I get is mostly 60 (depends on island and video settings still) and I still use V-sync cos the tearing makes the game choppy. The second 560Ti let me just bump the video settings up (AA from 0 to 5) and SSD took away the occasional jerking/loading of textures but 2500K@4.0ish was the biggest factor of all. Heck 2500K@Stock was way better than my old 955@3.8.

Damn, I didn't want to hear that ;) Unfortunately, replacing my entire MB/CPU is not an option at the moment, so I'll just have to keep tweaking and perhaps get a SSD to eliminate the streaming data problem. I can only hope ArmA3 will be more compatible with my 955.

arma 3 will probably have better multithreading, a2 scales decent to 3 cores, so there's plenty room for improvement.

Hi All

Does anyone have experience using any USB foot pedal with Arma2/OA at all ? I use Teamspeak, Mumble etc for comms with human players, and would like to use a voice activation product like VAC for AI team control as many of the games I play are coop with AI recruitment. But I already don't have enough fingers to control what is going on and two spare feet, so wondered if using a foot pedal to switch between human comms and VAC would help. There are a number of pedals around designed for pianos and organs, and some for transcription software, but wonder if simply plugging in a pedal it would appear as an option in the control menu and be assigned for comms.

Thanks.

cj

Hi, anyone ever risked one of the Korean made Yamakasi Catleap 27" IPS monitors that sport 2560x1440 and are said to be overclockable (only 2B models) to *gasp* 120hz and sell for $400US? I've got my trigger finger on one now with a group that is reported to have better quality control based out of the States

Read about here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1225919/yamakasi-catleap-monitor-club

I'm looking to get a GTX 670 graphics card by Christmas which will be a big upgrade from my venerable GTX 295. However, I know the CPU is a bottleneck and currently I have a Core i7 950 3.06GHz CPU. There are hybrid air/liquid coolers on the market now which makes water cooling a bit easier. Could I get it up to 4GHz at least? Possibly with something like Corsair's H100.

I'm looking to get a GTX 670 graphics card by Christmas which will be a big upgrade from my venerable GTX 295. However, I know the CPU is a bottleneck and currently I have a Core i7 950 3.06GHz CPU. There are hybrid air/liquid coolers on the market now which makes water cooling a bit easier. Could I get it up to 4GHz at least? Possibly with something like Corsair's H100.

That I7 is hardly a bottleneck. Instead of investing into a H100, i would get a SSD instead (in case you don't have one already).

That I7 is hardly a bottleneck. Instead of investing into a H100, i would get a SSD instead (in case you don't have one already).

I already have a SSD though, Corsair F60 which is dedicated solely to ArmA. I do need a new graphics card which is why I will get the GTX 670 but I was speaking in general terms that the CPU tends to be the greatest bottleneck.

Haven't you overclocked your rig anyway? :p (update: yes you have!)

If I were to overclock my CPU to say 4GHz, then it would improve the game's performance quite a bit, wouldn't it?

There's a Samsung SSD going for £80 which is 128GB and one I'd like to get so I can get the BAF, PMC and ACR DLCs and download more addons without needing to worry about space.

Edited by Mach2Infinity

AMD FX 4100 (4x3.6Ghz)

Corsair 8GB RAM XMS3 PC3-10666 1333MHz (4GBx2) DDR3

ATI RADEON HD 6450 1GB XFX

Gigabyte GA-78LMT/USB3 motherboard (AMD 760G)

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 5.1

1 TB HDD SATA-II 7200RPM 32mb

Windows 8 64bit standard

Can someone please tell me what sort of settings i would be able to run ARMA 2 and adjoining titles at please? reguards Josh

AMD FX 4100 (4x3.6Ghz)

Corsair 8GB RAM XMS3 PC3-10666 1333MHz (4GBx2) DDR3

ATI RADEON HD 6450 1GB XFX

Gigabyte GA-78LMT/USB3 motherboard (AMD 760G)

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 5.1

1 TB HDD SATA-II 7200RPM 32mb

Windows 8 64bit standard

Can someone please tell me what sort of settings i would be able to run ARMA 2 and adjoining titles at please? reguards Josh

I just gave my view in your other thread, confusing me on a Sunday morning:j:;)

AMD FX-4170 4.2GHz Quad Core CPU

8GB of 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM

2TB Hard Drive Storage Space

ATI Radeon HD 6670 2GB Graphics Card

How will my pc run ArmA 2, can i play on high? thanks.

8GB of 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM

you should get a ssd to install arma 2 on, makes a lot of difference even on low end pc.

8GB of 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM

Probably OK for MP but very poorly in SP, as Arma's engine seems to have issues, particularly with AMD processors unfortunately. See http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85124-ArmA2-OA-(low)-performance-issues&p=2245191&viewfull=1#post2245191 and https://dev-heaven.net/issues/59932#note-17 . With the system in my sig, I tend to get around 50fps online but it can go as low as 13-17fps in SP missions/campaigns and I've tried running from a RAMdisk which doesn't help.

These are my specifications:

CPU - Intel Core i5 2500K

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz

MOBO - Gigabyte Z68

PSU - OCZ ZT 750W 80+ Bronze Modular Power Supply

Graphics Card - NVIDIA GTX560

OS - Windows 7 (64 Bit)

I'm also buying a Hyper 212 Evo fan, it's only £25 and should reduce temperatures by approximately 15 degrees celcius!

The PC itself should cost about £500 however it'll be around £850 including the operating system, monitor, case, keyboard + speakers (I've got a good mouse) and the cooling fan.

THE BIT I NEED HELP FOR:

So the motherboard I'm getting is a Gigabyte Z68 as you can see, but there are -I think- five different versions and I have no idea which one to get, what the differences are etc (very confusing load of numbers) Could you tell me which one I should get please?

I'd also appreciate any help with what manafacturer of graphics card I get because there are so many different NVIDIA GTX560 cards.

I thought they were all the same...

Thanks very much in advance for your help!

Get a Z77, newer chipset, all the features of Z68.

a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H is a full featured board and suitable for all but the most extreme overclocks, no need to get something more expensive probably.

Edited by Leon86

oh, buy a 660 or 660 ti. around my place prices for 560ti have dropped insignificantly