Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

damn, where? Are you saying that I missed anything in my favourite game? :)

Singleplayer scenarios...one is E08, can't remember the other.

Perfectly capable CPU, you've just got to hope it will survive two years with that healthy 4.3GHZ overclock :D

Idle temps are around 27-32 and 5 hours on linx temps never passed 70 and 24 hours on prime95 temps never passed 70! so that is very healthy for me and very stable!! ;) And this was on a summer day!

I got to boot windows with 4.5 oc but could not get stable! 4.4 oc could play arma 2 and bf3 for hours with no problem but could not get stable with linx or prime95 unless i get 1 more radiator to keep temps under 70 full load and higher vcore!!!That would make my pc with 2 4fan radiators just for the cpu!lol

And 2-3 years is good enough for me for a pc!

Idle temps are around 27-32 and 5 hours on linx temps never passed 70 and 24 hours on prime95 temps never passed 70! so that is very healthy for me and very stable!! ;) And this was on a summer day!

I got to boot windows with 4.5 oc but could not get stable! 4.4 oc could play arma 2 and bf3 for hours with no problem but could not get stable with linx or prime95 unless i get 1 more radiator to keep temps under 70 full load and higher vcore!!!That would make my pc with 2 4fan radiators just for the cpu!lol

And 2-3 years is good enough for me for a pc!

Seems like you´ve got a very hot Sample of the i7 Series. One Quad-Rad only for the CPU...Jesus! :D

I live in california and rad uses air to cool!So its always warm here. Those temps are pretty good for the vcore you have to use for over 4.3 on a i7 920!

Now i just got stable at 4.4 oc at 1.525 vcore!!;) at about the same temps!

playing games is always around 59-64c. Bf3 and arma 2.

try patch 1.10 version, it gives two benchmarks in scenario mode :)

thanks...I'll give it a try while tuning the cpu speed :)

I went from a Q6600 to an i7 2600k and my life became better by exactly this much:

->|____________________________________________|<-

True story. ;)

In all seriousness though, there was a definite and noticable improvement, but it's rather hard to quantify. I know I was able to increase several settings in Arma2 (most noticably view distance and object detail) while still seeing better framerates.

It isn't graphics that matter the most for me here but the amount of AIs I can run comfortably at once since their number is the main "bottleneck" for me in this game.

Can anyone who moved from Core2Quad/Phenom II X4 to i5 2500k/i7 2600k tell me if and how much more their life became better?
I went from a Q6600 to an i7 2600k and my life became better by exactly this much:

->|____________________________________________|<-

True story. ;)

In all seriousness though, there was a definite and noticable improvement, but it's rather hard to quantify. I know I was able to increase several settings in Arma2 (most noticably view distance and object detail) while still seeing better framerates.

It isn't graphics that matter the most for me here but the amount of AIs I can run comfortably at once since their number is the main "bottleneck" for me in this game.

Tough to quantify as they're based on different MoBo-sockets-layouts & standards that generally lead to other component changes or more than likely...total rebuilds -for example...

C2E-QX6700 @(OC)3.2GHz, 680i MoBo, 4GB PC2-8500, 160GB 10K rpm SATA II HDD, 8800GTX 768MB @ 7% OC, Win XP/Vista 32-bit = ArmA II being very problematic during high intensity (graphic or otherwise) missions.

i7-2600K stock/Turbo Mode, P67 MoBo, 16GB PC3-14900, x2 120GB SATA III SSD (Raid 0), GTX580 3GB stock, Win 7 64-bit = smooth sailing under any conditions.

____

As in all things, it is the sum total of your entire system that sums up your experience.

I got the new system done a few days ago. I see a big difference between between the 1.5GB and 3GB video card at 2560x1600. The game is running much smoother with the settings bumped up a little higher than before. Played about 2 hours the other night and the system was running very cool and quiet. I would normally have tons of hot air pumping out the rear of the case. Room temp was about 70F.

WEI came in at 7.8 only due to the CPU (not overclocked yet), everything else was a 7.9. Not bad for a $300 CPU!

attachment.php?attachmentid=273&d=1323621863

attachment.php?attachmentid=274&d=1323622272&thumb=1

I am in process of a new build. We'll see if there is any improvement. At 2560x1600 res. and I averaged 54FPS (AA off - VD 2600)

OLD BUILD (no longer have it)

Dell 30" U3011 Monitor

Core i7-980X Gulftown 3.33GHz Six Core

Corsair H50 CPU Cooler

12GB Corsair Dominator 1066 DDR3 (2GBx6)

240GB OCZ Vertex 2 SATA II SSD

WD 600GB Storage HDD

EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 580 1536MB

Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200 PS

Corsair 600T Case

NEW BUILD

Dell 30" U3011 Monitor

Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Quad Core

Corsair H50 CPU Cooler

16GB Corsair Vengence 1600 DDR3 (4GBx4)

256GB Crucial M4 SATA III SSD

WD 1TB Storage HDD

EVGA GeForce GTX 580 FTW 3072MB

Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200 PS

Corsair 600T Case

3GB will help at 2560 x 1600. 1.5GB is nowhere near enough at that res with high detail/AA etc.

There isn't going to be much difference between CPUs vis a vis ArmA 2 (except that the 2600K has more OCing overhead than the 980x).

I just got this build from newegg and i thinks it will be good. What do you guys think.

i5 2500k

EVGA gtx 550ti

Rosewill Stallion Series RD500-2SB 500W ATX12V v2.2 Power Supply

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

HITACHI HDS721050CLA362 (0F10381) 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus

GIGABYTE GA-Z68M-D2H LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

win 7

Yeah, cpu is very fast and will allow for decent viewdistance and model detail. The gpu isn't very powerfull compared to the highend cards but well within requirements. Just dont go overboard with resolution, antialiasing and postprocessing.

Hey guys!

I've been looking at some gaming mouses with adjustable DPI, because I'll be sniping most of the time, and a low DPI when using the scope is supposed to make easier to get an accurate shot.

Is 800 DPI enough to make the scope move 'slower'/more precisely?

Thanks!

Hey guys!

I've been looking at some gaming mouses with adjustable DPI, because I'll be sniping most of the time, and a low DPI when using the scope is supposed to make easier to get an accurate shot.

Is 800 DPI enough to make the scope move 'slower'/more precisely?

I'd suggest to pair up with 1600Mhz G-Skill Sniperrz RAM edition for the best perfomance ;)

On a seriouse note -

Best mouse I've ever bought was razer imperator which i still have and use.

Adjutable DPI of up to 5600, lightweight yet solid with quality plastic used and 1st class ergonomy, simply fits in hand really, really well.

I never went with it over the 800DPI, it should suffice at all times IMO.

So there you go, look no further :cool:

What is up with mouse manufacturers lately? I can understand the increase from 450 dpi (what a typical mouse used to be) to say 1000 DPI to 2000 DPI, but someone explain to me the usefulness of 5600 DPI? Stupid. You have to turn down your mouse sensitivity to like 1000 to 2000 so you can simply use it.

And I am looking at that Cyborg RAT 7. Yes it also has 5600 DPI, though I want it for its weight and customization. It has 30 grams of removable weights. However, if I could save $10 by getting a 2000 DPI version, I would do it in a heartbeat.

-X

Edit: Scratch that now - the Cyborg RAT 7 has gone to ludicrous speed now - 6400 DPI. Uggh. They better not charge me extra for that! Unbelievable.

Edited by xman1

I just got this build from newegg and i thinks it will be good. What do you guys think.

i5 2500k

EVGA gtx 550ti

Rosewill Stallion Series RD500-2SB 500W ATX12V v2.2 Power Supply

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

HITACHI HDS721050CLA362 (0F10381) 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus

GIGABYTE GA-Z68M-D2H LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

win 7

What settings do you think i can run this one:confused:

What settings do you think i can run this one:confused:

It should run fine

I think I am going to upgrade my system soon. I'm currently running an intel C2D e8500 @ ~3.7GHz on a crappy Gigabyte mobo with 2GB of DDR2 RAM and an ATI HD5850 graphics card.

I know that most of the components I plan to get will perform well on just about any game out there now:

i5 2500k

8GB DDR3 1600

some decent motherboard (thinking ASRock based on reviews I've read?)

Noctua NH-D14 (:D)

What I need some help with is with the graphics card. I think I'd like to do Crossfire/SLI on this system, but I've never done it before. I'm thinking about getting 2 AMD HD6950's or Nvidia GTX560Ti's. What I would like to know is whether or not it is worth getting the 2GB versions of these. The monitor I am using is 1920x1200 and I don't plan on replacing it any time soon.

Would the 1GB versions run well enough in crossfire/SLI at that resolution with AA turned up or would it be worth it to spend a little extra money and get the 2GB versions?

seems it is. Due to high quality textures (2k in vanilla), some 4k for the community, the GFX video memory can go all the way up to 2.7 (according to bangtail running on 2560 x 1600 on 2xgtx 580 3GB version).

I would suggest Gigabyte or Asus for MB, Z68 chipset.

I think I am going to upgrade my system soon. I'm currently running an intel C2D e8500 @ ~3.7GHz on a crappy Gigabyte mobo with 2GB of DDR2 RAM and an ATI HD5850 graphics card.

I know that most of the components I plan to get will perform well on just about any game out there now:

i5 2500k

8GB DDR3 1600

some decent motherboard (thinking ASRock based on reviews I've read?)

Noctua NH-D14 (:D)

What I need some help with is with the graphics card. I think I'd like to do Crossfire/SLI on this system, but I've never done it before. I'm thinking about getting 2 AMD HD6950's or Nvidia GTX560Ti's. What I would like to know is whether or not it is worth getting the 2GB versions of these. The monitor I am using is 1920x1200 and I don't plan on replacing it any time soon.

Would the 1GB versions run well enough in crossfire/SLI at that resolution with AA turned up or would it be worth it to spend a little extra money and get the 2GB versions?

I'd say 1.5GB for 1080P and beyond is the baseline these days (at high detail levels with AA etc).

You can mitigate some of this memory use by using FXAA/SMAA but personally, I still find AA superior in many cases (BF3 being the most notable) so the bottom line is, get the card(s) with the most memory that is within your budget.

Thanks for the advice. I will go for 2x AMD HD6950 2GB then. I'm surprised they don't cost more than the 1GB (only about 20-30 US dollars more per card after rebates in some cases).

I also think I will wait to buy the graphics cards until after the HD79XX series (supposedly) comes out in early January. Hopefully that will drive the prices of the 6950 down a little further.

Edited by Razzamatazz

I'd said that the 79xx series were not going to be that impressive but it appears that even Fudzilla (not known for being protractors of AMD) are now saying that the 7970 is fairly impressive.

I guess we'll know for sure on Wednesday :D

I would also add that it seems many of the 7970 'slides' we have seen so far are using 1.5GB 580s vs 3GB 7970s @ 2560 x 1600 which is a severe limitation for a 1.5GB card. I'm going to say that the 7970 will come in 15-20% faster than the 3GB 580.

Edited by BangTail
Accuracy

The 7950 is rumored to have both an 8-pin external connector and a 6-pin external connector.

For those that don't know, the 8-pin has a 150 Watts, and the 6-pin has 75-watts, and the PCIe BUS has an additional 25 Watts.

This means this 7950 is guaranteed to have at least a 180 Watt power draw at minimum and probably up to 250 Watts at maximum. What is AMD doing here? High wattage room space heaters is the domain of NVidia. AMD needs to continue creating low powered decent performance boards!!!

Such high power draw simply means the GPU is operating outside of spec and is factory overclocked. Uggh.

-X

They are trying to compete and they desperately need a successful non paper launch of the 79xx series.

This has not been a good year for them and if the rumours about the 79xx series have any truth to them, it might be at least slightly salvageable (in terms of PR at the very least).

The real problem at this point is that it is looking like a totally paper launch.

I wouldn't touch AMD with a barge pole tbh. I like their hardware but I cannot deal with their shoddy drivers.

At the end of the day, we all need AMD to stay in the GPU picture as competition is good for everyone.

Bulldozer was a very bad thing as it has forced AMD to pull out of the desktop CPU market altogether and that leaves Intel unchallenged.

The most interesting rumor I've heard is the card should have an idle power of only 3W. If you couple that with a good psu and an 1155 sandy bridge cpu and a ssd you could get a gaming system that only uses about 25W in idle.