Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

On high settings @ 5,760 x 1,080 expect between 30-35 fps. Your graphics cards are nice, but I think your CPU will limit performance. An overclock to around 3.8Ghz would really boost your performance. Do you have a good HSF atm?

How I got that figure:

With three screens (total resolution of 5,760 x 1,080), and two GTX 460s (quite similar in performance to 2xHD H850s) and an Intel i7 940 CPU (better than the x4 955 :() Custom PC Magazine averaged 37FPS on A2OA at "high" settings in their tests. I would expect you to get a few FPS less because of your CPU.

huge help and thank you! I currently do not have a great hsf on the cpu, I'd need to change that if I was going to overclock it. You have given me some info though which definitely helps, I didn't know if I was looking at running it all at normal or less, or having to cut the resolution down to 5040 x 1050, but at least now I have a general idea, which is a lot more than I had previously. Still toying with whether or not it would be worth it.

Glad I could help.

The magazine that tested A2OA with eyefinity decided 'the huge field of view makes Arma II look more realistic than ever', but there are some technical difficulties to overcome getting it set up and living with it everyday.

Edited by SW1

I'm looking at a computer with these specifications. Is it going to be able to play ArmA: OA well (I'm sure it will, but just checking), or is there something I would need to change? The computer is on sale for memorial day.

Processor Type: Intel Core i5-2500K 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155

Processor Speed: 3.30 GHz

Standard Memory: 4 GB

Memory Technology: DDR3/1333 MHz Dual Channel Memory

Total Hard Drive Capacity: 1 TB

Graphics Controller Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

Operating System Architecture: 64-bit

BTW, is Cyberpowerpc a good gaming computer company?

I'm looking at a computer with these specifications. Is it going to be able to play ArmA: OA well (I'm sure it will, but just checking), or is there something I would need to change? The computer is on sale for memorial day.

Processor Type: Intel Core i5-2500K 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155

Processor Speed: 3.30 GHz

Standard Memory: 4 GB

Memory Technology: DDR3/1333 MHz Dual Channel Memory

Total Hard Drive Capacity: 1 TB

Graphics Controller Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

Operating System Architecture: 64-bit

BTW, is Cyberpowerpc a good gaming computer company?

Specs look decent but what kind of motherboard and do you plan to overclock?

that machine cant be overclocked, it has a h61 mobo but a 2500K is very fast on stock speeds as well. The 550 is a bit on the light side but should do fine for arrowhead as long as you dont go overboard with eyecandy settings.

Ahh a 550ti, I misread as a 560ti.

550ti is not a very strong card (relative price to performance) but it will certainly be playable.

I couldn't live with that 2500k sitting there blazing with all of that potential energy yet untappable :p

Don't want to build your own? You'd get a much more decent system for same price.

I don't know how to build a computer, so i'm just buying one lol

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

the motherboard is:

Biostar H61MH Intel H61 Chipset DDR3 mATX Mainboard

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

what is a good video card that will connect to the motherboard (that is inexpensive)?

I'm partial to Nvidia so I like the 460gtx which can be had for $114.00 newegg after the rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130591

If your more of an ATI kinda guy perhaps the 5770 -similar price range.

I wouldn't suggest buying this card on top of that system tho as your already getting a video card so that'll be a waste. I highly recommend looking into learning how to build a PC if your going to be in it for the long haul -you get much more for your money and it's pretty satisfying after you have a successful build.

the original 550ti is probably faster than the 5770

Snake22, if you look at the customise list you can get a 560 for only 26,- extra on that cyberpower machine, well worth it. (the "free upgrade from 460" thingy) The 560 (non ti) will replace the 460 in nvdia's product line so that's probably why.

Edited by Leon86

ok, thanks

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

i think i'll just order the parts from newegg.com and build one.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

what is a good fan for intel core i5-2500k?

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

or should i just use the one in the box?

Good for you!

The stock cooler is fine -I got a decent 4.2 overclock on it with that chip. If you plan to go higher you'll want an aftermarket cooler. There are plenty of decent heatsinks in the $20-$40 range so just look around and read customer reviews.

The motherboard is the overall heart of the PC so spend time looking into and researching them. I'm an Asus guy but Gigabyte are also a very reliable and feature rich brand.

also, is the intel DZ68DB motherboard good enough for arma, or should i get one of their extreme series?

I'd get this gigabyte board It's sli certified if you ever want to go that route. And if your videocard breaks you can still use it because it also has dvi output for the gpu on the cpu.

Only "downside" is the onboard sound only has 2.1 audio support, not really a problem these days, just add a real soundcard if you ever want to go 5.1 / 7.1 or use a usb soundcard, or an amplifier with digital input, or audio over hdmi etc.

^^^

Theres a poster on this forum that got that board to a 4.7 OC on stock fan

http://www.overclock.net/intel-motherboards/1022446-gigabyte-ga-z68a-d3h-b3-bad.html

Speaking of which -the Overclocker forums are a great place for a lot of build questions as those guys are pure component enthusiats. It's where I started when first building and still go to now for trouble :)

Edited by froggyluv

I can't recommend Gigabyte enough, they really are top notch boards.

MSI are really making some good 1155 boards atm.

The MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) is a fantastic motherboard, nice list of features (SLI, CrossfireX, USB3.0, SATA 6gb/s...) and gives a great OC for under £110.

That said Asus and Gigabyte are also great.

Edited by SW1

MSI are often overlooked, very good quality and price. I'm a big fan of their gaming laptops :)

Hey guys I am new to computer gaming.. actually not even new yet! Just buying a new laptop for gaming..

I will be getting an Alienware (that is not for debate.. you can recommend others though if you so wish!)

I was just really wondering if;

Intel® Core™ i7 2720QM 2.2GHz (3.3GHz w/Turbo Boost, 6MB Cache) (Processor?)

1.5GB DDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M using NVIDIA Optimus™ technology (Gamer card?)

6GB DDR3 at 1600MHz (Memory)

750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s (Hardrive)

Will run ARMA 2? And if so, will it run like relatively well? Also.. Just for random will it run GTA 4?

Would be awesome to hear back from you guys! You guys know your stuff.

- simpsoncf

(I put "memory and stuff in brackets to help me :))

Hey guys I am new to computer gaming.. actually not even new yet! Just buying a new laptop for gaming..

I will be getting an Alienware (that is not for debate.. you can recommend others though if you so wish!)

I was just really wondering if;

Intel® Core™ i7 2720QM 2.2GHz (3.3GHz w/Turbo Boost, 6MB Cache) (Processor?)

1.5GB DDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M using NVIDIA Optimus™ technology (Gamer card?)

6GB DDR3 at 1600MHz (Memory)

750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s (Hardrive)

Will run ARMA 2? And if so, will it run like relatively well? Also.. Just for random will it run GTA 4?

Would be awesome to hear back from you guys! You guys know your stuff.

- simpsoncf

(I put "memory and stuff in brackets to help me :))

It'll run decently on 720p, gta 4 will run easily, not maxxed out of course.

Top of the morning to you, lads!

How is the NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti when it comes to running ArmA 2? I am considering upgrading to the aforementioned GPU as it is the most powerful GPU offered by NVIDIA that does not require me to buy a new PSU, which I am currently at 500 watts with. At the moment, I have an NVIDIA GTX 460 GPU, which runs ArmA 2 poorly.

@Laqueesha: Getting a stronger PSU it not a very expencive upgrade anymore and will give you the use of highend graphics card in return (more and more mid-end card also are power hungry). a Good PSU started at around 60€.

As for the card itself it will most lightly give you a 10/15% boost at max so yes its faster but why not try out an GTX480 of GTX570 instead... this will put you trough rough scenarios maybe even with Arma3 in the future

@Larisano: I understand what you're saying and I would get a new PSU, but I have no idea how to install one and having a tech person install it is very expensive. What's bothering me is all those wires and cables coming out of it and where they each go.

@Laqueesha

there are manuals for that, besides, they only fit where they should.

as for 500W, that doesnt say a whole lot, look on the sticker and look for the +12V line(s), how many A can it deliver?

@ Laqueesha

The GTX 560ti is a really good card- fantastic value for money.

You really don't need a better card, unless you really want to play A2OA maxed out at 2,560 x 1,600 :D.

See this review.

If you do decide to get a more power hungry card (which you shouldn't :)) bear in mind a good quality PSU will cost well over £50, so itsn't necessarily cheap.

I would definetely get the MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti TWIN FROZR II- great cooler, very overclockabe and good price.

Graph:

Ignore the names on the left, look at the ones on the right :)

gpuchart.jpg

Edited by SW1

Hey guys I am back to ask whether this will run ARMA 2, and GTA 4 .. and if so what settings do you guys think?

Intel® Core™ i7 2617M 1.5GHz(2.6GHz w/Turbo Boost, 4MB Cache)

8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz

750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT540 graphics with 1.0GB Video Memory and Optimus

Thank's guys..

- SimpsonCF