Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

New Phenom X6s? that would be awesome, here is my mainboard. Could you guys look at it and tell me what exactly i can put on?

Asus M4A78 PRO

socket AM2+

motherboard chipset AMD 780G

You'll need to go to the ASUS website and find a BIOS update for your motherboard to support the newer chips. There should be one.

Also, when upgrading the BIOS on an ASUS motherboard DO NOT use the updater tool for Windows. Make the boot disk or whatever the alternative is.

Can i ask how big the fps jump is roughly from the Arma 2 demo to a fully patched Arma 2 / OA game is? Although my pc is struggling with the demo i can handle the editor pretty well on all normal now and im starting to think its worth it to purchase it.

Edit. Im definently going to purchase it even with my 60 pound graphics card and my single core processor i can run everything pretty smoothly on normal after fidgeting for a while and surely the engine optimizations will only increase the smoothness.

Edited by wogahamsel

Hey, would my pc run arma 2 good with:

MSI HD5770 HAWK

4GB Ram

Windows 7

AMD Phenom x3 8750 ?

Sorry for bad english :S

Hey, would my pc run arma 2 good with:

MSI HD5770 HAWK

4GB Ram

Windows 7

AMD Phenom x3 8750 ?

Sorry for bad english :S

You should run it reasonably. I have had no problem running this on a system with an Athlon II X2 CPU and a single Radeon 5770. I cant see any moajor issues for you unless you start playing user-made missions (espicially online) that are AI/Vehicle heavy towards the extreme end you may get some studder. Just make certain that you kill any un-needed background processes.

If your seriously looking to max out your experience, I would suggest a recent quadcore, and a upper-end dual chip GPU

what if i choose to stay within the X4 quad range? what type or speed could support my mainboard?

You should run it reasonably. I have had no problem running this on a system with an Athlon II X2 CPU and a single Radeon 5770. I cant see any moajor issues for you unless you start playing user-made missions (espicially online) that are AI/Vehicle heavy towards the extreme end you may get some studder. Just make certain that you kill any un-needed background processes.

If your seriously looking to max out your experience, I would suggest a recent quadcore, and a upper-end dual chip GPU

Okay :D

Thank you :)

can i run Arma 2 with the AceMod 2 comfortably? help is much appreciated. thanks

Processor: AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 FX-57 Processor with HyperTransport Technology

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 2Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling 510 Express 650 Watt peak power

Motherboard: Alienware® nForce™4 SLI™ Chipset Motherboard PCI Express

Graphics Processor: NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7800 GTX PCI Express 256MB DDR3 with NVIDIA SLI Technology

Video Optimizer: AlienAdrenaline: Video Performance Optimizer

Memory: 2GB Ultra Low Latency DDR PC-3200 SDRAM at 333MHz - 4 x 512MB

Not by a long shot, unfortunately. That computer is now going on five years of age and it is no longer of much use for modern computer games and in particular ArmA II. Have a look at the ArmA II system requirements here. I would say that what they state as the "optimal" requirements should be taken as the actually minimal requirements. That said, as you can tell from the so-called minimal requirements, your specs almost cover it, so you could try the ArmA II demo and see how it works. I doubt you'll be pleased with the performance in A2 with that old rig though. Edited by Killswitch

Man I want this game so bad but I only have the new MacBook Pro 17" and have no idea about computers :(

Decided to go for a new CPU and just to keep my current graphics card for now.

Im tempted to go for the AMD Phenom II x4 965 @3.4ghz as i found out for £125 but compared to other retailers this is pretty cheap and im wondering if its completely legit

http://dealforu.co.uk/epages/eshop330172.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eshop330172/Products/CPU-AMD-PHENOMII965M&ViewAction=ViewProductViaPortal&Locale=en_GB

what if i choose to stay within the X4 quad range? what type or speed could support my mainboard?

Then the best you can get is the 3.4GHz X4 965, which is reasonable but isn't much of a jump from what you have now, so personally I wouldn't bother upgrading except to an X6, as that will be a more significant upgrade that should last you longer. Remember, a 2.6GHz to a 3.4Ghz jump might sound like a lot, but there is a lot more to a CPU than clock speed, not least cache size, which is unchanged between the 955 and the 965, but markedly increased for the 1055t and the 1090t.

Decided to go for a new CPU and just to keep my current graphics card for now.

Im tempted to go for the AMD Phenom II x4 965 @3.4ghz as i found out for £125 but compared to other retailers this is pretty cheap and im wondering if its completely legit

http://dealforu.co.uk/epages/eshop330172.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eshop330172/Products/CPU-AMD-PHENOMII965M&ViewAction=ViewProductViaPortal&Locale=en_GB

That isn't including VAT mind, look closely.

how well would this run. amd athlon II X2 235e (dual core 2.7ghz), GTX460, 6gb ddr2 ram at 800mhz

Edited by Lokkith

That isn't including VAT mind, look closely.

Ah silly me thanks for pointing that out. Still the kinda price range im looking for ill keep searching not sure how much the upgrade would do me performance wise.

Hi, I've just been playing on the demo & I thought 'gotta have this!' but then I checked the minimum specs. Unfortunately for me, my ageing rig doesn't quite cut the mustard! But the demo seems to run fairly well (a little stutter now & again), so will I get away with it? (please say yes! lol).

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual 3800+ (2.01 Ghz)

2 Gb RAM

Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 512mb

Demo benchmark in high : average 23 fps

very high : 17 fps

Edited by RomeoSierra

Hi, I've just been playing on the demo & I thought 'gotta have this!' but then I checked the minimum specs. Unfortunately for me, my ageing rig doesn't quite cut the mustard! But the demo seems to run fairly well (a little stutter now & again), so will I get away with it? (please say yes! lol).

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual 3800+ (2.01 Ghz)

2 Gb RAM

Nvidia GeForce 9600GT

Demo benchmark in high : average 23 fps

very high : 17 fps

You'll get away with it at low/normal settings.

You'll get away with it at low/normal settings.

Thankyou! :yay:

EDIT: would this limit my gameplay (apart from cosmetics) for example draw distance of hostiles?

Edited by RomeoSierra

Ok I have a

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @2.83 Ghz

* Gigs of Ram

Running on a Windows 64 Bit OS

With a GeForce 8800 GTX

with 768mb

I get these lil glitches with the Video and am unsure of wether I think a new card will do it alone or do I need a new box I love windows 7 but I do know the game would run better on XP,

Bottom line If I buy a new card for around 200 bucks you think I can get to high settings?

EDIT: would this limit my gameplay (apart from cosmetics) for example draw distance of hostiles?

Yes.

/5char

I have a P5K/EPU motherboard, 4GB of ram, a E6850 @ 3.0Ghz Intel Core2 DUO and 2x 3870's with Crossfire, will it run at 30~fps?

Guys would this run? I would hopefully like to know before I waste 50 bucks hopefully... ;)

just ordered a 480gtx. coming from a 260gtx. good healthy boost?

The ArmA2 it´s not an "VGA´s eater", so therefore the boost will depend on the others specs of your rig....specially the microprocessor.

Regards

To Turd whats the specs of the macbook pro mate im running it on my imac and it runs great with everything set to high except shadows and pp and with a viewdistance of 3000 and im running the resolution at %100.

just ordered a 480gtx. coming from a 260gtx. good healthy boost?

Yes. I had a GTX 260 and bought the GTX 470 and with the new drivers it you can tweak things up quite alot!

Ok I have a

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @2.83 Ghz

* Gigs of Ram

Running on a Windows 64 Bit OS

With a GeForce 8800 GTX

with 768mb

I get these lil glitches with the Video and am unsure of wether I think a new card will do it alone or do I need a new box I love windows 7 but I do know the game would run better on XP,

Bottom line If I buy a new card for around 200 bucks you think I can get to high settings?

I'm not too familiar with Nvidia cards :-/