Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

I think that computer will be able to handle it pretty well. If you look up my current specs (above), I can run Arma 2 with Medium/High settings (no AA) at around 30 fps.

Cheers kupla... :cheesy:

prosseser-amd phenom 11 x4 955 black edition 3.2 ghz quad core 8mb

motherboard-asus m2n68-amplus

memory- 4gb crucial pc6400 800mhz ddr2

graphics- nvidia gt 240 1gb

operating system- vista 32bit

this is my setup, would i be able to run arma and at what performance and if i were to upgrade what should i upgrade but i dont want to spend lots of money? thanks guys

My specs below :

1272182.png

GPu = 4850X2

Is it worth upgrading to a Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 2.83 ?

on my current specs I get a decent 30-50 fps in most single player. But in MP I get 20 - 30 :mad:

Plus am not going i7/5 because I dont want upgrade my mobo and ram. ( no cash :p )

Edited by Curious

Is it worth upgrading to a Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 2.83 ?

Personally, if I were you, I'd wait until you had more cash flexibility to where you could upgrade to i5/i7 (preferably i7 of course), rather than dumping another couple hundred on a CPU for an old socket. That's just me however.. you can do what you want.

It just seems kind of redundant, to spend (nearly $500-800?) in total on two CPUs for an outdated socket? Not worth it, frankly. Most gamers don't want to hear this, but it would be better that you waited. As you'll be sorry you wasted money by the time a mobo upgrade rolls around.

Consider overclocking and more advanced optimizing before you consider dumping a couple hundred. If you haven't overclocked, and you're looking to, go to a more professional forum if you need help, as you can damage your hardware if you're careless about it. It's not rocket science though, very simple once you've done it a few times. Know your hardware's limits, don't get speed greed, etc.

I currently have an old Core 2 Duo E6600 (2*2.4Ghz), a 8800GTS (320Mo) and 2 GB of DDR2.

needless to say I have to run ARMA II with almost everything on low (VD 5000 , res : 1680*1050, everything else on the lowest settings).

I am considering upgrading my PC do you think that a new GC would boost up my performance enough to allow me to play with settings on High (no AA). Or should I wait untill I can buy a new PC ?

Edited by luckyhendrix

I've been quite happy with my arma 2 performance - mods take their tollthough and dips into the high 20s I find unacceptable. I have a stock i7 2.6ghz 4gb ram and a gts250 1gb card . What card should I buy for a average 25% fps increase ? Thank you.

GeForce GTX 480

GeForce GTX 470

Radeon HD 5870

or

Radeon HD 5970

Edited by Nicholas

How are peoples experiences with the Phenom II X4 955 and ArmA2?

I have a friend that got a Phenom II X4 9550 BE @ Stock speeds(3.2Ghz) and he can run ArmA 2 just fine. He also has 8GB of ram and HD4870x2.

GeForce GTX 480

GeForce GTX 470

Radeon HD 5870

or

Radeon HD 5970

Nvidia all the way tbh.

I've been through all of them and am happiest with the 480.

Anyone yet tryed AO with a "AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition, 6x 3.20GHz" ?

Really need to know now if its useful to buy a 6core amd or a intel i7860, with 4 cores and 2,8ghz.

please help :)

Would this card be any good at running ARMA and OA?

ATi Radeon HD 5670 512MB GDDR5 PCI-E 2.1 x16

My other one funked

I have a friend that got a Phenom II X4 9550 BE @ Stock speeds(3.2Ghz) and he can run ArmA 2 just fine. He also has 8GB of ram and HD4870x2.

Alright thanks, seems like ill be getting one of those then.

Does OA run better then A2 ?

I'm on a

Q8200 2.33

XFX GT240 512

4GB Ram

Arma 2 Runs 28 fps at medium/high

Excuse me to post this 'not again' type of post, but can anybody post a hardware list of a system that runs arma - OA decent enough to enjoy. With decent enough i mean, overall good FPS that don't kill the feeling but still shows the beauty of it. My main consurn is the fact i often bought the most recent hardware availible, only to discover BIS engine doesn't like super recent hardware and the fact it often takes half a year before you can enjoy what you bought (drivers).

I don't really care about the price, but like i'm trying to say, the latest and expensive stuff isn't always worth it.

I'm not really a fan of a certain brands (i tried all kinds over the years..AMD-Intel-Ati-Nvidia)...

I guess the most important thing is, i want as less stutter/texture flickering as possible.

Additionally since i'm used to run dual screens since years i'm temped to try upgrade and go through life as a tripple screen user now that GPU's start to support that. The tripple screen setup isn't directly ment for gaming, but rather modeling. I'm sure even the best hardware running arma would get the system on its knees on a single screen anyway.

Excuse me for not keeping up with the latest news. I tried to follow this topic but i found mixed results (understandable).

Fact is i want to switch over to windows7 64 bit.

Not much usefull in my current desktop, beside my powerbox, case and two raptors (witch i will keep as archieve and maybe 'modeling drives').

I'm considering a SSD drive for my windows and maybe a second one for the BIS collection.

Any help to get me out of the woods would be helpfull.

As we all know, you simply can't go to the shop and ask 'can you build a system that runs arma good' :d.

Edited by DaSquade

Personally, if I were you, I'd wait until you had more cash flexibility to where you could upgrade to i5/i7 (preferably i7 of course), rather than dumping another couple hundred on a CPU for an old socket. That's just me however.. you can do what you want.

It just seems kind of redundant, to spend (nearly $500-800?) in total on two CPUs for an outdated socket? Not worth it, frankly. Most gamers don't want to hear this, but it would be better that you waited. As you'll be sorry you wasted money by the time a mobo upgrade rolls around.

Consider overclocking and more advanced optimizing before you consider dumping a couple hundred. If you haven't overclocked, and you're looking to, go to a more professional forum if you need help, as you can damage your hardware if you're careless about it. It's not rocket science though, very simple once you've done it a few times. Know your hardware's limits, don't get speed greed, etc.

Well I see what your saying about longterm benefits. But I did a couple of comparasions and some of the Q9400 and above series do well and are comparable with the i5/7 series.

So I dont see the point of getting a new mobo/ram/cpu which will cost me £300-500. When I can get a decent Qcore for £170-200 with the same performance.

Hello.

Basicly ive watched Arma videos on youtube for a while and always wanted to try it but knew my system couldnt handle it. After downloading the demo i was proved right as i can barely run it with everything on low. Im wondering if it be cheaper to upgrade my system or just start completely fresh and how much it will set me back roughly.

System specs

ATI Radeon HD 4670/4000 series

Intel Pentium ® D CPU 3.4GHZ

2 Gig RAM

Windows Xp 32 Bit ( I think)

Truth be told wouldnt be surprised if you guys come back telling me i need to invest about £700 pound to play it on normal :(

Cheers anyway.

Hey guys,

It's about time to get a new PC and I really want to run OA on high if not max settings. The computer I am looking at comes like this as standard;

Core i7 Quad Core Processor i7-930 (2.80GHz)

6GB ram

1280MB GTX470

850W PSU

Does anyone have a similar spec? I could be persuaded to go for the GTX 480 if it would make a significant difference.

Thanks!

My Specs :

Q9550 @3.62 Ghz 245 €

HD5850 @775MhzCore/1125Mhz Ram 249€

Asus P5Q Deluxe 124 €

X-Fi Xtreme Gamer 60€

2x2GB Corsair XMS2@843Mhz 115€

2x500GB WD@Raid 0 134€

Noctua CF-12P CPU-Cooler 60€

Win7 64 Bit 125 €

HP 24" TFT 450€

Go here for HW-Reviews/Tests : www.tomshardware.com

44 FPS in A2OA Benchmark

equals: 15 to 60 fps with settings @ Max. incl AA/AF to full, VD 4000m and PP to lowest

btw...the 15 fps are only when the Server gets laggy or in extreme dense fighting....

so how do YOU wanna spend your cash ?

On Hype or Worth ? ;)

Cya on the battlefields !

Edited by AntalopeAUT

Hello.

Basicly ive watched Arma videos on youtube for a while and always wanted to try it but knew my system couldnt handle it. After downloading the demo i was proved right as i can barely run it with everything on low. Im wondering if it be cheaper to upgrade my system or just start completely fresh and how much it will set me back roughly.

System specs

ATI Radeon HD 4670/4000 series

Intel Pentium ® D CPU 3.4GHZ

2 Gig RAM

Windows Xp 32 Bit ( I think)

Truth be told wouldnt be surprised if you guys come back telling me i need to invest about £700 pound to play it on normal :(

Cheers anyway.

Actually im sure there is something wrong can you run it says i meet the minimum requirements yet with everything turned off everything on ultra low and the view distance at 500m i still have about 15-20 fps at best

Punctuation please xD

And yes....it seems time for a new rig o´yours

Have a look at my above post to get a feel for what HW is running A2/A2OA at which speeds.

And the price-tags of some of my components seem shocking (monitor eg..becuase its already close to 5 and a half year old^^ ) but have reduced over the years...

So maybe you could get a decent rig without spending that much cash if you just buy the components alone and build your rig manually by yourself which also spares you tons of money and in some cases crappy HW that still tends to find its way into stock-shop-sold systems.

Hopefully this was informative to you because Overclocking your current rig seems not sooooo much of an option (or do you have a stock of liquid nitrogen handy ? ^^ ) and ArmA loves Multi-CoreCPU´s.

Hopefully seeing you soon on the battlefields !

Hi all,

Just want to get an idea of how my system will hold up in Arma II.

Intel Core i7 920 D0 2.66GHz @ 4.00GHz

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

Corsair XMS3 (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Triple Channel

ATi Radeon HD 5870

It isn't built yet so would you have a different GPU?

What performance will I see at 1920x1200?

What performance will I see at a lower resolution?

Thank you very much in advance! :)

Hux

Looks good to me john i have two system's check spoiler and ive only installed it on my imac so far with most settings on normal to high and running on a 27 inch screen and i get 27 fps in the benchmark so you should be good to go.Ill post a video on youtube some time today of it.

Basically I can play Arma2 on low settings, but beyond small firefights it gets so choppy it's distracting.

I have 3GB of RAM and a GeForce 8400 graphics card, I'm a bit skint atm and can only improve one or the other, which improvement is likely to bring a greater performance increase, another GB of RAM, or getting a new video card a notch up from the one I currently have? I'm guessing video card, but thought it would be a good idea to check with someone who knows more about computers than me.