Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU Q70 @ 1.60GHz

Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB

System type: 64-bit

Grapic;s Card: GTX 260

Computer: Alienware M15x its an laptop?:bounce3:

Guys ive just bought an imac i5 750 as you can see in my sig, and was wondering if anyone has played arma2 or arrowhead on a mac and what type of performance they got i know it will play on my pc but thats boxed up as i only want to use the mac.

Guys ive just bought an imac i5 750 as you can see in my sig, and was wondering if anyone has played arma2 or arrowhead on a mac and what type of performance they got i know it will play on my pc but thats boxed up as i only want to use the mac.

You're going from a 4870 to a 4850, so you'll have to play with slightly lower eyecandy, so put postprocessing or aa or anisotropic filtering a bit lower. You're going from a 120 GB HD to a 1TB HD, that'll be noticable in faster load times and maybe a bit less stuttering.

Hey guys. I am buying a new computer and I have a question.

I am getting a core i7 920 system and am wondering if I should get a Radeon 5850 or 5870? Would there be a noticeable difference between the two in OA?

Also, how does OA run compared to ArmA2? It is less demanding than ArmA2?

Thanks.

the 5850 is probably slightly better value for money, the 5870 is about 30% faster an about 40% more expensive. You can play around with the settings to load up the gpu and get better image quality at the same fps.

hey guys i was wondering will arma 2 run good on theres system specs

like med low high etc

will the game run anygood on there specs

Intel Core i5 750 (2.66GHz Quad Core)

Intel Chipset Motherboard

4GB DDR3 RAM

Dual-Layer DVD-Writer

1000GB SATA II HD

Black & Silver Gaming Case

nVidia Geforce GTS 250 1GB Dedicated Video Card

Realtek 8-Channel HD Audio

Genuine Microsoft Window 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

(Note) i dont have the monney to upgrade but will it run good ?

can anyone tell me ???????????????

Ok- I haven't posted here in a while, due to real life cutting in, but I did end up getting computer. I did get this with gaming in mind, but not top priority. It was a good deal at the time, so it was a good purchase.

Specs:

i7-860 @ 2.8 Ghz (Im not going to be able to overclock in the near future:()

1TB HD

8 GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce 310 (I know, I know, its pretty crappy.)

The actual model is the Studio XPS 8100 if anyone needs to know.

I know it can run ARMA (or at least the demo :)) with semi-good quality, but I was wondering how I could maximize this. I am looking to get a better GPU in the near future, but until then, I am fine with what I have. I want to see how ARMA will look with the best settings I can get while still having enjoyable playability. Does anyone have some recommended settings that I should test out?

@Exeagle: Asking about how a game as demanding as ARMA2/OA will be on MAC versus a good gaming PC is like asking if banging Elena Kagan would be as satisfying as nailing Megan Fox...

Elena-Kagan-former-Dean-o-006.jpg

Megan%20Fox.jpg

Edited by SeaVee

can anyone tell me ???????????????

It'll run fine on medium.

I just ordered a new rig, should I be able to reach very high's without antialiasing?

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4,0GHz

Club 3D HD5850 1024MB Overclocked Edition

4GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz 7-7-7-20

Asus Crosshair IV Formula

Samsung SpinPoint F3 1000GB

E: 1680x1050 resolution.

Edited by Leopardi

@Leopardi

That rig looks pretty sweet. Very high shouldn't be a problem, methinks. :)

Hello guys!

I plan to get a new graphic card this week, but not sure if getting a new one will really increase Arma performance.

My current system is:

Motherboard: ASUS P5QPL

CPU: Intel Quad Core Q9505 @ 2.8ghz

RAM: 4GB 800Mhz

Graphic Card: NVIDIA 9500GT 512mb GDDR3

My budget for a new graphic card is 250$

Thanks!.

Hey!

Me again :)

Was wondering if i get the HD5850, will it be "too good" for my system?

Don't want to buy a card that my system can't take advantage of it, because in that case i might as well get the HD5770 and have same performance?...

Hey!

Don't want to buy a card that my system can't take advantage of it, because in that case i might as well get the HD5770 and have same performance?...

No, it won't. I have an overclocked Radeon 5850 on a similar system with a Q6600 @3.2Ghz and it was a fantastic upgrade from my old 8800GT.

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU Q70 @ 1.60GHz

Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB

System type: 64-bit

Grapic;s Card: GTX 260

Computer: Alienware M15x its an laptop?:bounce3:

You have enough ram, the graphics are fine. Your cpu will die horribly. Are you sure it runs at 1.6ghz? That's really really slow.

Just ordered my new PC, any ideas how it might run OA?

Mobo : ASUS Rampage III Extreme, X58

CPU : Intel Coreâ„¢ i7 Quad Processor i7-960

RAM : Corsair Dominator DHX+ DDR3 1600MHz 8GB

GPU : x2 Sapphire Radeon HD 5970 2GB GDDR5

PSU : Corsair 1000w

HDD : Intel X25-M SSD 160GB 2,5"

Just ordered my new PC, any ideas how it might run OA?

Mobo : ASUS Rampage III Extreme, X58

CPU : Intel Coreâ„¢ i7 Quad Processor i7-960

RAM : Corsair Dominator DHX+ DDR3 1600MHz 8GB

GPU : x2 Sapphire Radeon HD 5970 2GB GDDR5

PSU : Corsair 1000w

HDD : Intel X25-M SSD 160GB 2,5"

Ditch the 5970s unless you are going for the 4GB flavour. I posted an article somewhere in this thread (I'll try to find it) that shows them going into single digits FPS wise where high levels of AA/EC/RES are involved.

http://www.maingearforums.com/entry.php?24-So-You-Want-To-Buy-A-GeForce-Part-2

Edited by BangTail

Ditch the 5970s unless you are going for the 4GB flavour. I posted an article somewhere in this thread (I'll try to find it) that shows them going into single digits FPS wise where high levels of AA/EC/RES are involved.

http://www.maingearforums.com/entry.php?24-So-You-Want-To-Buy-A-GeForce-Part-2

Bit too late for that as it's already shipped. Could always send it back though but what's the reason for the poor performance with this card? It's the most powerfull card out there for gods sake.. And x2 of them on top of it lol.

Hey!

There's always a use for a faster gpu or cpu in arma, playing with settings will allow you to take full advantage of just about any system.

Bit too late for that as it's already shipped. Could always send it back though but what's the reason for the poor performance with this card? It's the most powerfull card out there for gods sake.. And x2 of them on top of it lol.

It's not the most powerful card out there, it's 2 GPUs on one PCB.

The 480 is the most powerful card on the market (It actually beats the 5970 in some situations and is only one GPU).

I actually liked the 5870 in CF but I was never very happy with the 5970. Dual GPU cards from both camps have problems that separate card setups don't seem to suffer from and 1GB per GPU isn't really enough for newer games at high detail/res and obviously, if you are buying 4 GPUs, you aren't running at 1680 x 1050 (unless you're a congenital idiot :D )

Edited by BangTail

It's not the most powerful card out there, it's 2 GPUs on one PCB.

The 480 is the most powerful card on the market (It actually beats the 5970 in some situations and is only one GPU).

I actually liked the 5870 in CF but I was never very happy with the 5970. Dual GPU cards from both camps have problems that seperate card setups don't seem to suffer from and 1GB per GPU isn't really enough for newer games at high detail/res and obviously, if you are buying 4 GPUs, you aren't running at 1680 x 1050 (unless you're a congenital idiot :D )

I can tell you're much more tech savy than what i am so i'm not going to disagree :D

I'm going to be using Eyefinity, got x3 24" LED monitors set up. So no, not 1680x1050 :P

I can tell you're much more tech savy than what i am so i'm not going to disagree :D

I'm going to be using Eyefinity, got x3 24" LED monitors set up. So no, not 1680x1050 :P

Well, see how you go I guess.

I've heard a lot of people saying that CF doesn't work correctly in A2 (and now OA).

It definitely worked for me when I had the 5870s/5970 (as in both GPUs were used) but I was never 100% happy with the performance.

Hopefully, you're experiences will be better than mine as there have been several driver revisions since I got rid of my 5970 :)

Hi all,

This is an Eyefinity question, i have a 2GB AMD 5870 card and two 24" monitors, and i understand that Arma2/OA code is better performing these days, would the performance be good enough for me to consider getting a third monitor for Eyefinity gaming?

Regards

REMF

Phenom X6 at 3.6GHz

8GB of DDR3 1600

128GB Crucial C300 SSD

2GB 5870

Hi all,

This is an Eyefinity question, i have a 2GB AMD 5870 card and two 24" monitors, and i understand that Arma2/OA code is better performing these days, would the performance be good enough for me to consider getting a third monitor for Eyefinity gaming?

Regards

REMF

Phenom X6 at 3.6GHz

8GB of DDR3 1600

128GB Crucial C300 SSD

2GB 5870

I'd definitely go with a second card for 3 monitors.