Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

i guess 1280 x 768 i have an old moniter
HD 5770 or HD 5830 would probably be the best choice if you want decent view distances and respectable graphical settings.

Zipper, I checked the file after closing arma and the value was still 32.

Bangtail, thanks again. The alternate pixel center(hehe, I love being american!) option isn't there anymore.

Nativedeem, is your monitor around 12 inches or more like 20? Is it widescreen or no? Either way you'll get decent results but nowhere near all very high settings. You may be able to have 1 or 2 settings on very high with the right combo of other settings.

Great game after all this time huh Fatty?!!;)

Well thanks to the fellas here I've been up and running for a couple of months. I had to rma my graphics card but I'm back up and running good.

I have a question

I play the game on all high settings...yet it seems that foilage seems to grow right in front of me when I'm running...it obviously is not stopping me from playing this crack disguised as a game, but I just wanted to check with you guys to see if anything is wrong...this is my first build and I think I got it right.

Intel i7-950 Core 3.06Ghz

ASUS P6X58D

6GB OCZ Tri-Channel DDR3 Memory

80GB Intel X25 Internal SSD<----Windows and Arma 2 are stored here

1TB 7200 Barracuda HDD

Kingwin LZ850 850watt

Power Color HD5970

Creative Blaster X-Fi Titanium Sound Card

everything is stock

You have a better setup than i Mrleagend, and i run with a 4600 view 1680x1050 most stuff veryhigh and with some aa on, if i look hard when running i do see grass grow but i have to be looking for it, when i run and zoom at the same time its more in my face and its very noticeable.

q9400

4gig 800mhz

285gtx

You have a better setup than i Mrleagend, and i run with a 4600 view 1680x1050 most stuff veryhigh and with some aa on, if i look hard when running i do see grass grow but i have to be looking for it, when i run and zoom at the same time its more in my face and its very noticeable.

q9400

4gig 800mhz

285gtx

Yeah I watched 1000's of vids on and it seems to happen to everyone at some extent.

I read the whole (almost) ramdisk vs SSD thread and it looks like RAMdisk is the only way to completely eliminate it...but I've never seen anyone with it as severe as me. It's not severe I swear I only notice it when I'm running for minutes.

I have the veiw distance set to 6km could that be it? I suppose I could just try it but I'm at work now:j:

need to no if i can run on high setting with these specs. (on a side not ive been told the 260GTX cant handle a 1280x720 display with all high settings, is this true? and if so what can thats not too expensive?

Core i7 quadcore 930,

OCZ 700W modxstream pro PSU,

Sunbeam Transformer case,

EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card,

4GB Corsair xms3 DDR3 RAM,

a 750GB HDD (in current computer, just going to transfer)

Maybe a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Intel X58 Socket 1366 ATX Motherboard

Vista Home Premium (i no i no, vista sucks, but on my desktop it has no problems yet)

Sony Optiarc DVD burner with lightscribe and SATA

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

need to no if i can run on high setting with these specs. (on a side not ive been told the 260GTX cant handle a 1280x720 display with all high settings, is this true? and if so what can thats not too expensive?

Core i7 quadcore 930,

OCZ 700W modxstream pro PSU,

Sunbeam Transformer case,

EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card,

4GB Corsair xms3 DDR3 RAM,

a 750GB HDD (in current computer, just going to transfer)

Maybe a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Intel X58 Socket 1366 ATX Motherboard

Vista Home Premium (i no i no, vista sucks, but on my desktop it has no problems yet)

Sony Optiarc DVD burner with lightscribe and SATA

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

Socket 1366 has triple channel memory support, get a 6GB kit, one that is on the QVL.

The gigabyte board seems like a good product and it's got usb3 and sata 600, never know when that might come in handy.

The 260 is a decent card that'll run arma2 quite well at your resolution. but if you're buying new I'd say there's other cards with better bang/buck. gpu hierarchy chart might be helpful.

thnx leon =] and ya i was told about the 6GB, i planned on it i just copy and pasted this from my computer it was old-ish, plan to have all this updated by this summer

thnx leon =] and ya i was told about the 6GB, i planned on it i just copy and pasted this from my computer it was old-ish, plan to have all this updated by this summer

Triple channel isn't essential for gaming so it's not imperative that you switch to 6GB if it's eating into your budget.

I don't use anything but Gigabyte now. They make excellent boards and have exceptional support.

Wasn't sure dualchannel was supported on x58, you don't really save that much money on the ram anyway, so I thought might as well get a 6gb kit. if you want to save money and run dualchannel P55 is the way to go imo, although the i7-920 is relatively well priced right now.

I also recommend gigabyte btw, although I only have experience with 1 board.

Edited by Leon86

Hey dudes, my good old 9600gt broke (again :( ) and i think im gonna have to buy a new one. being that i dont crap money its a budget card i got my eyes on a hd4670 cause its not that different from the 9600gt.

this will be my rig then

q8200 2.3

4gb ram

hd4670

so tell me how will i play it ^^

Hey dudes, my good old 9600gt broke (again :( ) and i think im gonna have to buy a new one. being that i dont crap money its a budget card i got my eyes on a hd4670 cause its not that different from the 9600gt.

this will be my rig then

q8200 2.3

4gb ram

hd4670

so tell me how will i play it ^^

the hd4670 is a bit slower then the 9600, but will still be playable on lower resolutions, what kind of monitor do you have?

Also, a lot of people are getting dx11 cards now, so they're selling off their old 48xx cards. An 4850 is faster then a 9600 and go for about 55 euro's now. 4770's are pretty much on par with an 4850, they're also cheap.

Edited by Leon86

the hd4670 is a bit slower then the 9600, but will still be playable on lower resolutions, what kind of monitor do you have?

Also, a lot of people are getting dx11 cards now, so they're selling off their old 48xx cards. An 4850 is faster then a 9600 and go for about 55 euro's now. 4770's are pretty much on par with an 4850, they're also cheap.

Acer X193hq monitor at 1366/something resolution :p

Reason why I go for the HD4670 is cause its not a lot of money and I dont have the uber awesome psu to run heavier cards. The HD4850 is about 85 Euros here but I just dont want to waste all of my money for a card yet.

Acer X193hq monitor at 1366/something resolution :p

Reason why I go for the HD4670 is cause its not a lot of money and I dont have the uber awesome psu to run heavier cards. The HD4850 is about 85 Euros here but I just dont want to waste all of my money for a card yet.

The 4770 has a very low power use under load. I think a secondhand 4770 will be the best bang/buck.

If you think your psu is up to the job. If you look at your psu how many amps can it deliver on the +12V lines, and how many lines are there?

wat is the highest setting for a 5450 card on a 1280 x 768 moniter on arma 2?

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

AMD Athlonâ„¢II X4 630 Quad-Core

HD 5450 1 gb DDR2

4 gb (2GBx2)

is that ^ enough to play at say medium settings

I purchased a Q9550 CPU today from Microcenter.Cost me $186.00 dollars as compared to $250.00 if I would of ordered online.I had to cross into another state but it was worth it!This is an upgrade from an E5200 so I should see some nice improvements.

I now need a widescreen monitor.Looking at a 22inch since I like high resolution at good fps and a 24inch would need a killer system to pull that off.

I've managed to score a new computer that looks like it should be able to handle Arma2 pretty well. But I'd like to get some opinion on whether I should upgrade the graphics card.

i7-920 @ 2.66ghz (I'll probably OC it to 3.0 or so)

12GB DDR3 1600mhz

WD Raptor HD

Inno3d GTX275 896MB

I was thinking about buying an SSD to replace the Raptor as the system drive, but its too expensive at the moment. But my main concern is the graphics card, I'm not sure it'll have the bollocks to push a 1920x1200 widescreen monitor.

Can anyone give me an opinion on these specs? How well will this run ArmA 2?

Intel Core i7 920XM 2.0GHz (3.2GHz Turbo Mode, 8MB Cache)

8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz

17-inch WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 RGB LED (1200p)

Dual Crossfire 1GB ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5870

256GB Solid State Drive

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

Slot-Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (BR-ROM, DVD+-RW, CD-RW)

5.1 Channel Audio

I have no experience on it, but with that system i believe you can play ArmAII fluently.

Am I right or Am I right?

I have no experience on it, but with that system i believe you can play ArmAII fluently.

Am I right or Am I right?

Were you referring to my post? If so, what kind of settings/fps can I expect?

wat is the highest setting for a 5450 card on a 1280 x 768 moniter on arma 2?

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

AMD Athlonâ„¢II X4 630 Quad-Core

HD 5450 1 gb DDR2

4 gb (2GBx2)

is that ^ enough to play at say medium settings

No, a 5450 is below the minimum requirements. Look for cards that are higher on this chart

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

I've managed to score a new computer that looks like it should be able to handle Arma2 pretty well. But I'd like to get some opinion on whether I should upgrade the graphics card.

i7-920 @ 2.66ghz (I'll probably OC it to 3.0 or so)

12GB DDR3 1600mhz

WD Raptor HD

Inno3d GTX275 896MB

I was thinking about buying an SSD to replace the Raptor as the system drive, but its too expensive at the moment. But my main concern is the graphics card, I'm not sure it'll have the bollocks to push a 1920x1200 widescreen monitor.

I run that resolution with an 8800gtx, how well it runs depends on settings.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Can anyone give me an opinion on these specs? How well will this run ArmA 2?

Intel Core i7 920XM 2.0GHz (3.2GHz Turbo Mode, 8MB Cache)

8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz

17-inch WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 RGB LED (1200p)

Dual Crossfire 1GB ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5870

256GB Solid State Drive

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

Slot-Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (BR-ROM, DVD+-RW, CD-RW)

5.1 Channel Audio

It'll run well on that. I think you can even put some settings to high with that and still get decent fps.

No, a 5450 is below the minimum requirements. Look for cards that are higher on this chart

so then HD 5570 is good? or should i just spend more for 56 or 5750?