Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

i dont really have the time or intelligence to build my own PC right now. You were saying the last PC i posted here didnt have good cpu...How would this one run arma2 then?

AMD Phenom II 965 Quad Core Processor 3.4GHz

4096MB OCZ DDR III Memory

2 x ATi 4850 512MB in CrossfireX mode

1TB Samsung F3 SATA II Hard Drive

Windows 7 Home Premium

Cheers once again.

i dont really have the time or intelligence to build my own PC right now. You were saying the last PC i posted here didnt have good cpu...How would this one run arma2 then?

AMD Phenom II 965 Quad Core Processor 3.4GHz

4096MB OCZ DDR III Memory

2 x ATi 4850 512MB in CrossfireX mode

1TB Samsung F3 SATA II Hard Drive

Windows 7 Home Premium

Cheers once again.

that would work with ease mate. nice system ;)

How would this work out?http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+Studio+XPS+Desktop+with+Intel%26%23174%3B+Core%26%23153%3B+i7+Processor+-+Black/9532749.p?id=1218120178969&skuId=9532749 I am also upgrading the Graphics card to the HD 4890 overclocked 1gb and getting a 650 power watt supply. Also I Have a 27 inch HDTV that I plan on using as a monitor. Can someone tell me If I am buying the RIght Stuff to play ARMA 2 on Very high settings? Sorry, I am new to computers and I have spent a lot of research with very little knowledge of computer specs and stuff. I am willing to spend as much as $1800 on a gaming computer, and I am buying it for almost exclusively ARMA so I want to be able to play it to the max.

:D

Uhhh will this work?

im sort of confused what exactly the Specs are but its either

"Mega Ultra 5000 Lightning"

Asus M3A78-EN AND 780 G NB

4 GB PC6400 Channel RAM

320 GB SATA II 7200 RPM HDD

LG 22X DVD R/RW Drive

High Definition 7.6 Sound

600 Watts Subwoofer Speaker

or maybe its

420 Watts Standard Case Power Supply

AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK

Asus M3A78-EM AMD 780G Chipset DDR2/1066 SATA RAID PCIe Mainboard w/ATI 3000 Graphic,HDMI,GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio

yes I do know I repeated myself im not sure what information I needed to post.:D

Im guessing ArmA 2 wont work on this.... mostly because its only about 500 dollars

EDIT: Well since I wasnt getting any reply I went on CyberPower.com and I upped my price range to around 600 and gave them the minumum specs for ArmA2 and this is what they came up with

BASE_PRICE: [+785] Gamer Dragon 8000

•BUNDLE: None

•BLUETOOTH: None

•CD: LG 22X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Dual Layer Drive (BLACK COLOR)

•CD2: None

•CAS: Azza Orion Gaming Mid-Tower Case with See-Thru Side Panel [-35] (Silver with Blue Lightning)

•CASUPGRADE: 12in (Green Color) Cold Cathode Neon Light [+10]

•CS_FAN: Default case fans

•CPU: AMD Athlon™II X2 250 Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology [-80]

•FAN: AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK

•FREEBIE_RM: None

•FREEGAME_VC02: None

•FA_HDD: None

•FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

•FLOPPY: None

•HDD: Single Hard Drive (500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [-22])

•HDD2: None

•IEEE_CARD: None

•KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard

•MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

•MODEM: None

•MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors

•MONITOR: None

•MONITOR2: None

•MOTHERBOARD: GigaByte GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H AM3 DDR3 785 Chipset 1666+/1333/1066 Sideport 128MB with PCIe slot SATA RAID MB w/GbLAN [+18]

•MEMORY: 2GB (1GBx2) PC1333 DDR3 PC3 10666 Dual Channel Memory [-28] (Corsair Dominator [+2])

•NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

•OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

•OS_UPGRADE: None

•PRINTER: None

•PRINTER_CABLE: None

•POWERSUPPLY: 635 Watts Power Supplies [+32] (Sigma Shark SP-635W PSU - SLI Ready)

•RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS

•SOFT1: Free 60 Days Microsoft® Office® 2007 (Words, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook + More) - Windows Vista™ Required

•SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

•SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

•SPEAKERS: None [-5]

•TEMP: None

•TVRC: None

•USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

•USBHD: None

•VIDEOCAMERA: None

•VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1GB 16X PCI Express [-33] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

•VIDEO2: None

•VC_PHYSX: None

•WNC: PCI Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps Network Interface Card

•_PRICE: (+644)

Would this do it and perform well.... I doubt the first one I posted did :D

Edited by Black0ps

Finally, i have my new system since September, see signature.

ARMA2 is very fast, when iam standing in the fields, i can rotate at high speed an i have ultra performance.

Problem is:

When i am starting to WALK, it begins stuttering, movementis interrupted and the sound is messed up.

Finally, i have my new system since September, see signature.

ARMA2 is very fast, when iam standing in the fields, i can rotate at high speed an i have ultra performance.

Problem is:

When i am starting to WALK, it begins stuttering, movementis interrupted and the sound is messed up.

PLAY AROUND WITH THE VIDEO SETTINGS , sorry caps was on.

just go to options ingame and see what different settings will do. also there is a thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85124

and

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=76908

that will probably help you.

@blackops

the simpler you keep it the better.

vid card will be fine

cpu is ok

mem is ok

what O/S you planning? with that setup i would recommend XP 32bit with it only having 2gb ram.

@charliedontsurf,

for 1800 bucks you could build a far better machine.

The fascinating thing is it occured only while moving. When i turn around, its ultra fast...no problem with performance so far.

I changed down/up everything, but the stuttering still occurs and make a fantastic game unplayable. :-(

I'm looking for some simple advice on how to get the single best improvement out of what I have or by perhaps buying a modest (ie not bleeding edge) upgrade, any help would be very much apprecited.

Current system:

CPU: Q6600 stock speed with stock HSF

RAM: 4GB (4x1gb sticks) of Corsair PC2-6400 (part CM2X1024-6400C4)

MOBO: Nforce 680i SLI reference mobo

GFX: Geforce 7950GT @ stock speeds

I've tried clocking on the current HSF combo and I get random reboots at 3.2ghz.

Edited by BennyBoy
added OS info

I'm looking for some simple advice on how to get the single best improvement out of what I have or by perhaps buying a modest (ie not bleeding edge) upgrade, any help would be very much apprecited.

Current system:

CPU: Q6600 stock speed with stock HSF

RAM: 4GB (4x1gb sticks) of Corsair PC2-6400 (part CM2X1024-6400C4)

MOBO: Nforce 680i SLI reference mobo

GFX: Geforce 7950GT @ stock speeds

I've tried clocking on the current HSF combo and I get random reboots at 3.2ghz.

a new HSF would be the best for you. I recommend the arctic cooling Freezer7 as you won't have to remove your motherboard for installation and i've managed to get a 800MHz OC from my C2D6550 with that cooler, but i would imagine that the 6600 would do better with the higher multiplier and all.

Now as far as the 7950 goes, my son has the same card and can't really play arma2 very well. The game is shader heavy and the 7 series just doesn't have the shader horsepower to pull it off well. as far as recommendations go? Well that is really subjective, the new ATI's have been getting rave reviews and offer ALOT of performance for the cost (5770) but since you already have a SLI capable motherboard you might want to go with one of the nvidia offerings (260 at the minimum i would suggest) and have the option to throw another one in there as the prices drop.

there's my 2 cents.. i expect change =P good luck!

Second to None!

On the Minute!

:rolleyes:

my opinion is that you need a gfx card upgrade.

I bought a gtx275 and it works good for me, but there may be better choices now. None that I can personally recommend though.

presumably this would be just as good HSF wise: ?

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 CPU Cooler (Socket 939 / AM2 / AM2+ / 775 / 1156 / 1366)

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Looking at a 5770 too.

OK bought a 5770, game runs like a charm now. Also picked up a freezer 7 and am currently trying to remember how to overclock the Q6600.

@blackops

the simpler you keep it the better.

vid card will be fine

cpu is ok

mem is ok

what O/S you planning? with that setup i would recommend XP 32bit with it only having 2gb ram.

Im simply

trying to get everyone else to do the work for me :P fine,ok, and ok. Does this mean Graphic settings will run smooth on at least normal & game wont get laggy with 100+ AI units ingame? I dont plan on creating a video called "Massive Battle! OVER 1500 AI!!" but I tend to have alot going on in my editor missions. OS will probbably be XP 32bit.. I think thats what I had on my last computer too. Thanks for putting up with me :D

Gah, updated to latest nforce drivers and it hosed my system, blank screen on normal boot, no kb or mouse in safe or vga mode :/ doing a repair from an n-lited xp sp3 disk with the nvidia drivers slipstreamed.

Computers suck.

Gah, updated to latest nforce drivers and it hosed my system, blank screen on normal boot, no kb or mouse in safe or vga mode :/ doing a repair from an n-lited xp sp3 disk with the nvidia drivers slipstreamed.

Computers suck.

you updated the drivers? ALWAYS uninstall ALL drivers and reboot BEFORE installing new drivers. this ensures a clean install with no conflicts on drivers. same goes with vid drivers.

lol blackops. go for a bigger cpu or more mem if you want to run HUGE battles. go with 3gb it wont cost much more tbh.

Remove your vga drivers.... that wont stop you rebooting for a clean install of new ones...

and you should be able to just roll back to old ones in device manager??

you can also dload Driver Cleaner/Sweeper etc to clean out old drivers after removal.

Edited by dogz

nforce drivers are drivers for your motherboard. lol these guys!

I got burned once on a new gfx driver update. I went to uninstall my old driver, and 4 Nvidia drivers came up, so I clicked, yeah, uninstall all of em!

then, um, why cant I connect to the internetz?

dung eye! :D

I don't know all the specifics about my new rig coming in the mail (since it's a Christmas present), but I do know this much.

A 2.8 GHz dual core processor

3-4 gigs of DDR2 ram

ATI Radeon HD4850

Windows 7 OS

So will a rig like that be able to play Arma2 on a 1280X1040 monitor with at least 30 FPS on decent high settings?

The fascinating thing is it occured only while moving. When i turn around, its ultra fast...no problem with performance so far.

I changed down/up everything, but the stuttering still occurs and make a fantastic game unplayable. :-(

I experienced what I think may be the same thing with GTA 4, the solution was to disable the windows event log, as described in this thread. It might not be the same thing, but at the very least it sounds related.

also, I was wondering what I can expect with this system, all factory settings at the moment.

Asus P7P55D

Intel Core i5 750

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 260 OC 896 MB

4 GB ddr3 ram

Windows 7

It's a bit hard to boot without sata drivers fella.

funny that... i can install a complete O/S on my SATA drive without SATA drivers. and thats by ignoring F6 function. i only have one HDD and thats SATA. i can install the O/S without these drivers and then switch off the newley installed O/S and boot again before any drivers are installed.

so whats this about needing SATA drivers again?

The F6 function i think is 3rd party raid function that needs to be installed via floppy? not quite sure tbh its been that long. i know i tried hitting that the very first time i had a SATA drive, i was trying to install 64bit server 2006 i think? and had no joy at all. i ignored the F6 funtion after serveral tries and it simply loaded up.

Edited by Colt45_GTO

I don't know all the specifics about my new rig coming in the mail (since it's a Christmas present), but I do know this much.

A 2.8 GHz dual core processor

3-4 gigs of DDR2 ram

ATI Radeon HD4850

Windows 7 OS

So will a rig like that be able to play Arma2 on a 1280X1040 monitor with at least 30 FPS on decent high settings?

Why so low Resolution.This specs sounds good.Im running 3.00Dual core,hd4850, and 4 gig ram with all on high some very high pretty smove with latest betapatch.Pretty sure you can go with 1680x1050.

Windows Vista

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q9000 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz

Ram: 6.00 GB

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 with 1024 MB

This are my laptop's specs.

I recently downloaded the demo and I need to run it on normal or low settings for it to run smoothly. Since it is a laptop, it's almost impossible to upgrade it but I'm not sure if buying the game. I love the game but I don't like it's quality on low settings so I don't know if the full game helps with the problem.

leijonsparf i think youll be very happy playing arma II on your pc, if possible get 64bit windows 7and also use ramdrive another 4gb of ram would probably help alot with the ramdrive side of things.

I love the game but I don't like it's quality on low settings so I don't know if the full game helps with the problem.

the full game will not magically turn your laptop into a desktop, if thats what you mean by helping the problem...