Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

hi all...3.4 dual core....4850 1 gig/...xp 32 bit...4 gig ram..driver update...my fsp in game 15...imy system is not good or something else is involved?..does anybody help me?..if my system is not good ok if its good what can i do to play the game smoothly?

Download the demo, and tweak the settings until you get something that works nice.

Seriously, the odds of someone having the exact same setup as you is very slim. You'd be quicker trying the demo for yourself than waiting to see if anyone can answer your question for definite.

i understand wat ya saying by trying the demo but i have to dissagree there as i tried the demo on my system and it ran crap but i bought the full game used the same settings and it runs fine.

Bumping my post.

Can my soon-to-be-Pc run it.

Someone probably already posted these specs but I don't feel like looking for them.

AMD Phenom II 940 Black Edition 3.0 GHZ

PNY Geforce GTX 260 Core 216.

G.Skill RAM 1066 DDR2 (4 gigs)

Antec 1200 case.

GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P

Western Digital Caviar Black 640 GIG

And a 600 Watt OCZ power supply.

WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM 64bit. (Upgrade Coupon to Windows 7)

I know my computer will be able to run it, but at what settings and with what FPS?

What about Vista? I see XP and Windows 7 compared alot but Vista not so much.

How will it run with Vista and the one card?

highest settings and, i was wondering if any of you have that pc so he can tell me if it worth the bucks.

Right now, i have a Q6600 with 4 gb RAM, a XFX 8800 GT XXX 512mb with Vista 64 bit.

I'm planning to change my mobo to be able to put another XFX 8800 and at the same time, putting my 2 HD on RAID.

Would i be able to play with max settings ?

My other option is to change my vid card for a ATI HD 4890 1 gb ram.

What do you think?

i personally wouldnt buy any new CPU/motherboard just yet until intels new i5/p55 processor/chipsets come out in a few weeks...

in addition, the 8800 GT is fairly old, i wouldnt think adding a 2nd one would be as worthwhile as getting a 4890...

My other option is to change my vid card for a ATI HD 4890 1 gb ram.

^This

I've never been a big Radeon fan but given the current performance reviews (on the forums and elsewhere) this seems to be the best option for ArmA2 currently. Of course, everything could change with a patch or a driver release. But I'd certainly go that route over two 8800's in SLI for this game.

ymmv

hi all...3.4 dual core....4850 1 gig/...xp 32 bit...4 gig ram..driver update...my fsp in game 15...imy system is not good or something else is involved?..does anybody help me?..if my system is not good ok if its good what can i do to play the game smoothly?

hm, you should be getting atleast 25fps, maybe lower your settings. lower your anti-aliasian, and lower the video memory.

lower all settings to 'Normal' and try.

my video memori high...u think a have to set at normal or low? is effect on my fsp?

Anyone out there can give an idea of his frame rate with a similar pc like me with a HD 4890 XT ?

The 4890 gives better performance than 2 x 8800 gtx, I can't tell what frame rate you'll get overall though.

i read bad reviews on newegg about artifacts using 4890 when you start windows? have you guys been experiencing such thing?

^This

I've never been a big Radeon fan but given the current performance reviews (on the forums and elsewhere) this seems to be the best option for ArmA2 currently. Of course, everything could change with a patch or a driver release. But I'd certainly go that route over two 8800's in SLI for this game.

ymmv

^ This

Personally hadn't seen artifacts, and at least with i7 framerates are great with max settings (post processing OFF) and 3k view distance with no AI, and drop somewhat with lots of AI but takes a lot of AI to make it unplayable (which doesn't have anything to do with graphics card as far as I know anyway).

i read bad reviews on newegg about artifacts using 4890 when you start windows? have you guys been experiencing such thing?

Negative here.

I would tend to lean alittle more to TimRiceSE assessment replacing your MOBO is probley not the best rout to go right now. The Q6600 still has a few more years left in it since it is very easy to overclock and does such a good job at it. I have just completed a round of benchmarks and from my observations your best rout would to be to upgrade your GPU to something as stout as you can afford say a GTX 275 or better something along the line of the 4890 like Tim suggested. Im not a ATI fan myself since I use my GPU for more then gaming. Sounds like good advice to me. I just completed a really Comprehensive i7 Benchmark XP vs. Win 7 and you will see I have achived some pretty impressive FPS. Even though you dont have an i7 im sure with some tweaking and a good GPU you could meet or exceed my i7 score with a equal or better GPU even with a q6600. Check it out and let me know what you think if you have any questions just let me know. http://armaman.com

ArmaMarkII.jpg

Well, it`s done. I bought a XFX HD 4890 XT 1 gb and a Asus P5Q Pro to be able to set my 2 HD in RAID 0. The mobo is Crossfire compatible so next year, i will put another 4890.

Gee, we`re spending so much money on these Pc`s. I spent 3500$ last year to build one and now, another 400$.

Thanks for all the replies to my thread.

Please don't fear my post length, it's simple and a very quick read. And I have no experience with Quad SLI, I need questions answered, please, and thanks much.

It's a toss up whether I should post my quick questions here, but I don't want to start a new thread, this thread seems perfect, and I feel certain I will find smart gamers here and people with high end systems that can answer, what may possibly be a very simple few questions, okay: Please don't hold post count against me, not new to PC, PC gaming or forums, only Arma 2, so I'm justified. I somehow missed out on the first and am so dissapointed.

I just downloaded the demo, and I'm having a blast with it. It's actually the first game I'm playing on my new rig.

The performance is absolutely perfect, but I still have a question or two. How do I know for certain if it's using my quad SLI? Because I'm pretty sure even one of my 295 H20's would run it perfectly, I'm just wanting to know if it is using both cards/all four gpu's by default. Is there a kind of console command, or any way at all of knowing. It's not a real big deal. My second question is similar, how do I know if my Nv Physx is enabled and working. And since there's 4 GPU's, what would the game use for hardware physics, like, will the game use just one GPU, or all 4, which would seem very wasteful.

I'm not a noob, but this is my first quad SLI system, and the first time I've wanted to have the pleasure of the hardware Nv Physx. I love Immersion more than anything in gaming, physics, graphics, and this games features are like, well if I could wish for a game, Arma 2 would be it!!!

Thanks a bunch for taking a moment, I really didn't want to start a new thread, I'm confident I'm not the only one running this type of system here :) . And I gotta be honest, I'm obsessed with this game, so much that I haven't even cared to benchmark my new rig with Crysis yet, simply don't care. Only reason I haven't purchased it yet, waiting for my paycheck to drop into my account so I can digital purchase it. Or should I shoot for retail? I heard Steam is weeks behind with patches for non-Steam games.

Thank you so much for any info, and although this is post number 1, there will be many more to come (not all questions I promise lol) I've just been waiting for a sim like this forever, and I want to know if hardware physics are enabled and working, it looks amazing but I can't tell about the physics, I dunno what to look for. Thanks again and please forgive post length. :)

Specs might be important I really dunno, considering my questions and my less common config, but I'm sure I'm not the only PC enthusiast here :)

Phenom II 955 @ 3.7

4GB DDR2 1066 (Soon to be OC'd to make up for inability to run DDR3 ***)

(2) BFG NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 H2O 1792MB ThermoIntelligence Water Cooling [Quad] SLI

( :( ***No AM2+ Mobo's support both SLI & DDR3 Ram, and I already had the NV cards, so stuck with DDR2 1066, I'll OC for now, but maybe there's a newer bios to allow DDR3, anyone know? This lease of my concerns, runs perfect as is, I guess.)

First of all, can I ask where you get the benchmarking program for this game?

Second, I posted on here a few weeks back asking how this might run. Well, now I have it, and incase anyone with a similar setup is interested, here are the results:

Default settings have most effects turned on medium to high. I found that this looked pretty good, but it just wasnt playable for me. I found that turning of AA made all the difference, but this game looks A LOT worse without AA. Infact, meduim texture detail and no AA often looks in many ways like OFP did - no joke, particularly the rough bushes and lanscape. I found turning post proccessing to high helped to smooth out the look a bit more, but it still isnt ideal.

So now, I have it set to mostly look pretty good, but rough in some ways, and I am mostly getting smooth frame rates.

My system is:

E8400@ 3ghz

4GB RAM (Only 3 recognised by XP)

Radeon 4850 512

Res 1280x1024

I am downloading Win 7 as I have heard this will boost performance a lot.

Also, I am considering OCing my Processor as I suspect this may also make a big diff, hopefully enough for me to turn AA on....

All in all I was suprised this does not run better on my system.

I am downloading Win 7 as I have heard this will boost performance a lot.

Don't do it,xp runs best.Only if you have vista,7 might be a bit better but it doesn't run faster.

This is the worst advice I've seen in weeks. Get Windows 7 install it and benchmark if you like. You won't even need to, it's a real beast. It sucks ppl still try to give such advice. XP can't utilize the newest hardware the way even Vista can. Win 7 is basically the perfect Vista, and even better. With no official drivers I'm gaming at speeds I can't believe, and everything else about the OS, eh, don't get me started. I recommend everyone run Win 7, this OS is a beast, robust, fast, and will only get better, and there's not even anything wrong with it. Look up everything you won't be able to do with XP, that you'll be able to do with Win 7, and don't even get me started on DX10 +, and the unified architecture of GPU's because of it. Never again will you have parts of a DX9/XP GPU running partial idle. If you want to live in the past and run a P4 with a Radeon X850XT, go for it. If you wanna rip through applications and games, well, you get the idea.

Edited by Rhammstein

Hi guys ,just signed up :)

I recently discovered Arma2 by seeing it @ a friends house, i was in awe the whole day ;P haha

I ordered a Pc a week ago (without arma2 in mind) and from what im seeing i wonder how it would run arma2.

Im out of pc gaming a few yrs, i still have my P4 3Ghz and a geforce7900gtx @xp with 2gb ddr2...

it runs arma2 like meh, i did the first 3 missions and the editor is awesome!

Anyway the specs are:

IntelCore I7-920 4x2.66Ghz 8M

6Gb ddr3 tripple channel

Geforce gtx275 896mb ddr3 pcie

MSI X58 pro e ddr3 1333 pci-e (motherboard)

700watts psu (coolermaster)

the monitor is my 40" lcd (sony 40z4500)

Running on Vista home premium

Cheers

Edited by Scopin-Steve
gramm0rz

Scorpion, I am jelous, I very much doubt you will have any issues running it with that system!

Hammis, well I am going to test it by running XP and Win 7 side by side, that way I can see the results. Others have reported a big performance increase in 7 over XP, so I wanna check it out. Also, it will allow me to use my full 4G ram rather than just three, so I think that will help....

Well,you should run clean install of both os's to get honest results.Besides arma2 can't use much of memory,what i have read it's using 1-2 gb only.Of course i'm curious about results.

I have a Toshiba laptop. Specs are AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60. 2.00 Ghz, 4GB of RAM, and an ATI Radeon X1250 video card. Since it's a dual core, how well can I expect my computer to run this game?

Unfortunately, it probably will not run the game any better than a stuttering slide show.