Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

In this case id go for the HD4890 for sure.

Judging by some tests with this card and A2 it seems it is one of the best picks for this demanding game.

However even some thatr use the card report that it doesnt run perfect on it... guess the card to run the game on all high on isnt made yet but thats how it also was in OFP in the first years.

So take the HD4890, nothing beats it in this segment id think.

Either that or wait for the 5000 series that is supposed to be out pretty soon.

I run maxed out with a GTX 280 1gb with around 25-30fps. (varies from area of map, Utes runs very smoothly, Cherno runs down to around 20fps) But yeah i'd get the HD4890 over a GTS 250.

The HD4890 is faster than the GTX285 in ArmA II.... cheaper as well...

my specs are

quad core Q6600 OC @3.4ghz

4gb DDR2 Ram

Geforce gtx295

vista

i played the demo through steam but couldnt get my fps past 30 even on low settings so will my pc run the full game as a demo wont be at its best

my specs are

quad core Q6600 OC @3.4ghz

4gb DDR2 Ram

Geforce gtx295

vista

i played the demo through steam but couldnt get my fps past 30 even on low settings so will my pc run the full game as a demo wont be at its best

Unfortunately, the game still has some issues with the gtx295's.

i would steer away from crossfire, don't know much about SLI. I would rather go with one card. In crossfire you need to make sure that both PCIx 2.0 run at x16 that's if not, there will be some fps loss, not sure how significant the loss is but you can google for benchmark.

Its not so much about which card is better; NVDA or ATI, its about 1gb of fast RAM and a GPU to use it. A slow GPU and 1gb of vram is a no go, A fast GPU and 512mb or less vram is a no go. Then you must have the PSU to power it all.Not some 800w with wimpy 12v rail amps, but a robust 12v amp on a single rail or multirail need to be in the 90a / 38a or more.

As for the same thing he always says...

ch_123-

"Dual GPU cards and SLI/Crossfire don't really work all that well in ArmA 2 (and a lot of other games too) so you're better off with a single fast card. Benchmarks suggest that the HD4890 is the best for ArmA 2."

is a bunch of crap. CF CFX SLI TRiSli all work FINE in ARMA And is the only way do get good frames with resolutions like 19xx/1xxx with full fillters.

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

i would steer away from crossfire, don't know much about SLI. I would rather go with one card. In crossfire you need to make sure that both PCIx 2.0 run at x16 that's if not, there will be some fps loss, not sure how significant the loss is but you can google for benchmark.

wrong your spewing bad info.

Only time you will get constrained by a X8 pci-e slot is if you are running 2048/1536 with maxed filters , and even then its not even a issue. CF CFX work fine stop the BS and fud.

so kklownboy are u saying my gtx295 should run this game ok then if so then i might purchase the game

Edited by Ghastous

"Dual GPU cards and SLI/Crossfire don't really work all that well in ArmA 2 (and a lot of other games too) so you're better off with a single fast card. Benchmarks suggest that the HD4890 is the best for ArmA 2."

is a bunch of crap. CF CFX SLI TRiSli all work FINE in ARMA And is the only way do get good frames with resolutions like 19xx/1xxx with full fillters.

Just because you don't have any problems doesn't take away from the fact that there are plenty of other people who can't get it to work properly. At any rate, it's a stupid idea. Just turn down those AA filters a bit and save your money :wink_o:

so kklownboy are u saying my gtx295 should run this game ok then if so then i might purchase the game

If it doesn't work with the demo, I wouldnt get your hopes raised over it suddenly deciding to work with the game. You may want to search around for some of the SLI optimizations, but YMMV.

Edited by echo1

my card isnt in sli mode so why would i need a sli optimization and the demo dont run the best but it does run so its playable

Just ordered my new laptop, since I needed something mobile for my job.

Got the Alienware M17

X9100 Core 2 Extreme 3.06 ghz

Dual HD 4850 1gb video card

3gb ram

500gb (2x 250gb) SATA in RAID 0

Vista 64 w/free upgrade to windows 7 coupon

This is what I was able to afford for a new laptop, and I won't be building a new desktop until Mar 2011. So, I won't have it until the 20th, but does anybody have similar specs who's running Arma2 on it okay?

my card isnt in sli mode so why would i need a sli optimization and the demo dont run the best but it does run so its playable

The GTX295 has two GPUs, and works a bit like two graphics cards hooked together with internal SLI, so whatever optimizations apply to people with two graphics cards also apply to you.

Got the Alienware M17

X9100 Core 2 Extreme 3.06 ghz

Dual HD 4850 1gb video card

3gb ram

500gb (2x 250gb) SATA in RAID 0

Vista 64 w/free upgrade to windows 7 coupon

This is what I was able to afford for a new laptop, and I won't be building a new desktop until Mar 2011. So, I won't have it until the 20th, but does anybody have similar specs who's running Arma2 on it okay?

Should do the job.

A laptop with two hard drives... Christ, someone in Alienware's engineering department is a bit confused as to what a 'portable computer' is...

I have a GTS 250, which runs the game decently.

If a GTS 250 can run ArmA 2, then a GTX 295 should have no problem running it.

well i got the full game and all i can say is that it runs like a dream on high settings and 1980x1080 miles better then the demo ran which i thought wouldnt be as good as the full game in which case i was right

Can my soon-to-be-Pc run it.

Someone probably already posted these specs but I don't feel like looking for them.

AMD Phenom II 940 Black Edition 3.0 GHZ

PNY Geforce GTX 260 Core 216.

G.Skill RAM 1066 DDR2 (4 gigs)

Antec 1200 case.

GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P

Western Digital Caviar Black 640 GIG

And a 600 Watt OCZ power supply.

WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM 64bit. (Upgrade Coupon to Windows 7)

I know my computer will be able to run it, but at what settings and with what FPS?

What about Vista? I see XP and Windows 7 compared alot but Vista not so much.

How will it run with Vista and the one card?

Hello

I am puting a computer together as you may read about here:

I will not be going all out on the gpu untill OCT when the new age arrives with dx11 cards.

As a stop gap I will be purchasing either a ATI 4890 or a GTX275.

Please can some one provide a benchmark chart for these two cards.

Also I order my copy of Arma 2 on sunday with Amazon so at least the box will be with me by mid week, the computer is awaiting the case Ill be getting the inners untill it released. (800d).

Thank you for your help, I look forward to enjoying the forums and getting in game.

bud

I have an ATI 4870X2 (see futher specs in my sig) and only tested with the demo.

With everything on high I got only 25 FPS and a lot of lag after about 30 minutes of play.

I found it very dissapointing on such a highend system and haven't bought the full version of Arma2 so far.

thats really great, I am now going to get the 4890 over the gtx 275, I hope the resale value on the 4980 is ok as I am looking forward to shipping a dx11 card even if arma 2 wont support it I am hoping it will enable 10k draw distances with the new higher level specs.

thats really great, I am now going to get the 4890 over the gtx 275, I hope the resale value on the 4980 is ok as I am looking forward to shipping a dx11 card even if arma 2 wont support it I am hoping it will enable 10k draw distances with the new higher level specs.

Why not just wait for the DX11 cards then? Theyre only like 2-3 months away the last I checked.

I have an ATI 4870X2 (see futher specs in my sig) and only tested with the demo.

With everything on high I got only 25 FPS and a lot of lag after about 30 minutes of play.

I found it very dissapointing on such a highend system and haven't bought the full version of Arma2 so far.

Search for 'hd4870x2', you should be able to find some things to optimize your PC for the game.

hi,

i got 9800gtx+, 4gb ram, i use xp 64bit and i've got a Q6600 2.4 GHz. I was wondering whats the best settings for me to use, like video memory, AA, etc etc, please advise, thanks

Download the demo, and tweak the settings until you get something that works nice.

Seriously, the odds of someone having the exact same setup as you is very slim. You'd be quicker trying the demo for yourself than waiting to see if anyone can answer your question for definite.

Download the demo, and tweak the settings until you get something that works nice.

Seriously, the odds of someone having the exact same setup as you is very slim. You'd be quicker trying the demo for yourself than waiting to see if anyone can answer your question for definite.

lol, ive yhad the game since it game out. dunno what settings to use ;/ i get 23fps..

Then try playing around with the settings for yourself. Also, search out some of the performance related threads.