Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

...what 'flip queue' driver option in ATI TrayTool actualy do?. i have 17' LCD and set flip queue to = 0.

what about hd 4870 x2

or gtx 295 ?

are they bug less in arma 2?

or should i buy two Radeon HD4890 with crossfire?

can same one rate what is the best to worse

10x alot

The GTX295 has 2 GPU's anyway. I have the GTX285 & it works perfect for Arma 2.

what about hd 4870 x2

or gtx 295 ?

are they bug less in arma 2?

or should i buy two Radeon HD4890 with crossfire?

can same one rate what is the best to worse

10x alot

Dual GPU cards and SLI/Crossfire don't really work all that well in ArmA 2 (and a lot of other games too) so you're better off with a single fast card. Benchmarks suggest that the HD4890 is the best for ArmA 2.

Just got my new rig boys check out the specs below and let me know what your honest opinions please. Gonna get arma2 either tonight or tommorow... can't wait.

Right now folks, I have:

Athlon XP 2600+ @ 2093mhz (Single Core)

Asus A7N8X-X Motherboard

1.5 gb of DDR400 ram

Asus AH3650 512 MB

The mobo and cpu, as you noticed, are pretty ancient. Still, I can play Arma2 online and COOP missions with everything set to low (1024x768 3D res, 1000m view distance, no AA) and pretty much no problems except there are tons of AI units. Chernogorsk also gives me lower framerates then Utes (but I guess that's no surprise as I read other people comments on this issue). My framerate is between 11-16 fps. Yeah, I know, still playable though.

Now, I can't afford too much money to spend but I definetelly need an upgrade, this is what I'm aiming for. I would just like to know how would Arma2 run on this configuration (not adding/changing anything else):

MBO NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a, DDR2, VGA, S-ATA, RAID, PCI-E, with. AM2 / AM3, mATX

CPU AMD Athlon64 X2 250 BOX, with. AM3, 3.0GHz, 2MB c.

RAM PC-6400, 2 GB, DDR2 800 MHz

VGA PCI-E ATI RADEON HD 4670, 512MB DDR3, VGA, DVI, HDMI, HDTV

HDD 750.0 GB SATA, 32MB cache, 7200 okr./min,

DVD±RW 20x, black, SATA, Dual layer, bulk

Box LC POWER 2716B + 420H, MIDI, black, 420W ATX

Thanks in advance!

About the only thing I'd drop is the 4670 in favor of a 4770 or higher card. If you're willing to go to the nVidia side of things, you can find a 9800GT for pretty cheap that would be awesome as well.

EDIT: That CPU isn't too bad either, but I'd really recommend going a little higher and getting an Phenom II X3 720 and overclock the crap out of it. The extra money spent is very well worth it. Basing prices of off Newegg between the video cards and CPUs you'd have to spend roughly another $70-110 more.

Edited by BOTA:49

Jesus. Just play the bloody demo. Can't you see that no-one has a magic system checker for this game? There's already a ton of can my system run this threads, so you could've searched. Or you could have just pasted part of your spec into the performance thread search bar and found someone with a similar system to yours. Nobody knows how the game is going to perform on YOUR PC!

* I can tell you though, that in my opinion, you are going to have a pretty shitty experience with 2 GB ram *

Sorry but there is already a thread about system specs.

Actually its a sticky :/

Sure, there's a sticky, but that's for 'my current system'. Perica is simply asking if certain upgrades will enhance or degrade performance / if certain upgrades are compatible with each other. I do not believe that his question belongs in that forum, IMHO.

In other news, I'm sorry I can't help you Perica, I'm absolutely de-smartified when it comes to computers.

Edited by Quiet Blue Jay
In other news..

I do not believe that his question belongs in that forum, IMHO.

I would have to disagree :)

Whether would or will, this thread is the one for the question.

I'm aware of that thread, but I thought it's more of a comparison thing. I think it should be pretty obvious that my current rig compares to nothing and as such, wouldn't add any value posting it there.

I know you can't tell for sure how it's gonna look on this or that system but since most of you are experienced armacholics, I thought I should ask.

* I can tell you though, that in my opinion, you are going to have a pretty shitty experience with 2 GB ram *

And this is based on what exactly?

Hey all, I'm looking to buy a brand spankin' new gaming computer. I'm not a computer savvy person, and I'm rather short on cash, so I'm having trouble looking. Right now I'm looking at an Alienware laptop, the "M17 17-inch Extreme Gaming Laptop".

The Link : http://www.alienware.com/products/m17-notebook.aspx?SysCode=PC-LT-M17&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT

My question is - Will this computer run ARMA 2 at highest graphics settings with minimum 40FRs? If not, could I get links to better computers that can?

Thank you all for your time. I can't wait to buy ARMA 2.

Quiet Blue Jay: I doubt that the Alienware will run Arma2 at top settings. I doubt any laptop in the $1000 range could do so. If you can compromise mobility for performance, start looking at desktops, since you'll get more bang for your buck. Pop into the PC Thread in Offtopic, plenty of good advice there.

More generally, I've just upgraded my system, and I was wondering if anyone has had problems playing ARMA2 with a BFG GTX275 or an AMD 955. I'm thinking of picking up the game, but I don't want to if it'll be DOA due to hardware problems.

I am thinking of getting one since I get seem to hit an exceed the limit for simultaneous sounds on my Audigy 2 ZS while playing the demo.

For example; in the the demo when I fire off all the Hydra's at once the sounds of the 1st rockets impacting while still playing all the Cobra's engine/operating sounds and the sounds of the remaining rockets launching is too much and the Cobra's engine/operating sounds stop and sort of crackle till the rocket sounds are done, then it's back to normal.

So how is it when using an X-Fi sound card?

I'd get an ASUS Xonar DX if I were you. X-Fis seem to more problems than it is worth.

They need to fix afew things, then it will be alot better. right now, no positional audio on your own weapon, 1.3 sound bugs and high volume enviromental effects spoil the immersion to much to rate it over other cards :)

I can tell you the 3d positional sound xfi does is pretty cool when you get it set right, well it did before 1.3 :(

Will this pc run Arma 2 on high?

Intel® Core™2 Quad Q9100 2.26GHz (12MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB)

Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 280M, 2GB – SLI® Enabled

4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz

Dual GPU cards and SLI/Crossfire don't really work all that well in ArmA 2 (and a lot of other games too) so you're better off with a single fast card. Benchmarks suggest that the HD4890 is the best for ArmA 2.

the benchmark you see is for old cards and not 4870x2 or gtx295

so i ask

which card are bug less in arma 2?

what about hd 4870 x2 or gtx 295 ?

or two Radeon HD4890 with crossfire?

can some one rate what is the best to worse card

10x alot

Wtf? The post of mine that you're quoting is the answer to your question... The game doesnt work well with Crossfire, or dual GPU cards such as HD4870X2 or GTX295. This hasn't changed since those benchmarks were made.

That's going to be one hell of a job considering how many cards there are. Basically, get a HD4890. If you can't afford that, get a HD4870. If you can't afford that, get a HD4850. If you can't afford that, save up till you can.

My future computer is going to have an i7 920 2.66 ghz,ati radeon 4850, 4 gb of DDR3 ram

How well will this run?

the benchmark you see is for old cards and not 4870x2 or gtx295

so i ask

which card are bug less in arma 2?

what about hd 4870 x2 or gtx 295 ?

or two Radeon HD4890 with crossfire?

10x alot

alright then is my processor and ram good enough then to run the game

dont worry about the graphics cards

Intel® Core™2 Quad Q9100 2.26GHz (12MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB

4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz

I have primarily used Nvidia graphic boards.

Now using GeForce 8600 GT and as you can see, time to upgrade.

Thinking of the new GTS 250 or the top ATI ?4900? or

With either choice, I want 1G, 512bit DDR3 or more, PCI-E.

The box from BI recommends Nvidia GeForce 8800GT or ATI Radeon 4850.

So, which do you recommend?

Thanks for the advice......