Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

not running too high a resolution are you? that 4770 is meant to be alright in low resolutions.

That and the game also needs a bit of optimising

not running too high a resolution are you? that 4770 is meant to be alright in low resolutions.

That and the game also needs a bit of optimising

I'm running it at 1280X1024 (both settings , so 100% fillrate).

I've tried dropping the resolution but it still won't get above 23 or 24 fps, in fact it didn't seem to affect the framerate at all.

I am running this game on very high settings on my rig, runs smooth and looks great!

Athlon64 X2 5200, 2GB Ram, GeForce9600GT 1GB DDR3, Vista 64

go to microsoft site and download windows 7 RC 64bit (free to use until march then you will need to uninstall and buy a copy) get the most out of that extra ram

Thx for the tip, downloading it now.

I was wondering why all these people were saying they use win7 when its not released until next year.

Have a slow connection, will take 60-80 hours at 14kb/s lol :o

BTW, will win7 slow me down like Vista does? The reason I dont use Vista is cause I figure its faster to run XP with 3G ram, rather than Vista with 4...

I am running this game on very high settings on my rig, runs smooth and looks great!

Athlon64 X2 5200, 2GB Ram, GeForce9600GT 1GB DDR3, Vista 64

Wow, thats good to hear, makes me think I should be able to do the same.

Its wierd, you hea some people with Geforce 260s and 280s saying they have to run at medium with no AA...

Edited by thaFunkster

Im using X2 4850e @ 2,6Gghz

HD 4850 512MB

4GB DDR 2 800Mhz

Win XP

I mostly play MP:

There are times i get 60fps per second. On some servers where it is graphically intense it gets droppend to ~20 fps. If i look to the ground (only few textures) i get over 40 fps, so this drop down is due to the HD 4850 (then it helps to disbale anti aliasing).

But there are also times i play on server when the fps stays at 20fps when i look down to the ground... is this cpu caused or slow server caused fps problem? :(

Hmm,

Damn thats not encouraging lol. Just reading a post in another forum, a guy saying the game is using up to 1gb VRAM, so the slowdown is probably due to the 512MB on the 4850 more than anything.

That being said, the guy said Win7 generally doubles the smoothness of the game over XP, so that might be worth checking out too...

Thx for the tip, downloading it now.

I was wondering why all these people were saying they use win7 when its not released until next year.

Have a slow connection, will take 60-80 hours at 14kb/s lol :o

BTW, will win7 slow me down like Vista does? The reason I dont use Vista is cause I figure its faster to run XP with 3G ram, rather than Vista with 4...

The release candidate is out now, and can be used until next June. It's pretty much identical to what the final release will be like. The final release will be out this October, the 22nd. Not next year.

Alot of people are reporting Win7 to be faster than XP. Everyone who's tried it out says that it's faster than Vista.

I think hdd's have a lot to do with this game as its so big and has to read a lot of data and i think lots of people dont think about this they just think graphics and cpu. My hdd is about 4 years old now and is definatly my weakest link there are people with similar setups to mine who are getting over 5000 in arma mark and i can only manage just over 3000, i just thought id mention this to anyone who is about to build a new pc.

Will this pc run @ 1920x1200 @ high quality settings?

Core i7 @ 3.2Ghz

6Gb DDR3 1600Mhz 8-8-8-24

1Gb GTX 285 OC2

80Gb Intel G2 SSD

Anyone?

In the time it took you to wait for people to cough up a reply, you could have downloaded the demo and tested all the settings yourself...

you need three 285oc's!

Four. Or else girls won't want to talk to you.

Right, I've got a new, cheaper GPU that won't need another PSU, so I'll post my modified specs:

Intel Pentium 4 3.00Ghz (2 cores)

Radeon 4670 512MB

3.5GB RAM

I'll be playing on very low resolutions (800X600) so I was hoping to play on medium or medium/low with an FPS of about 30-35.

What do you guys reckon I'll get?

also, I know my processor is a bottleneck, so would you guys be able to recommend a new one that I could run on a system with a 400W PSU?

Cheers.

BTW what is this WinXP trick I have seen mentioned for the 4g ram?

I have yet to hear of one that is 100% reliable. At any rate, if you have four gigs of RAM, you'd be better off with Windows 7.

What do you guys reckon I'll get?

also, I know my processor is a bottleneck, so would you guys be able to recommend a new one that I could run on a system with a 400W PSU?

First off, there's no such thing as a Pentium 4 with two cores. Either you have a Pentium D or you have a Pentium 4 with hyper threading (appears to the computer as two CPUs, but is far from dual core in reality)

I'm going to guess however, that your motherboard will be too old to support a new CPU. You can double check this by downloading and running CPU-Z and seeing what chipset your motherboard has. But the odds are that you are going to have to remove the old motherboard and replace it if you want a new CPU.

- ASUS P5Q

- Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs)

- 4GB RAM (G,Skill)

- 500 GB Harddrive

- EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512

- Auzen X-Fi Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1

- Flatron LG Widescreen 22"'

- 650w PSU

Game runs surprisingly well on High settings, with both resolutions at 1680x1050.

I heard all this talk about the game not running well. But when I played it at my friends place it ran pretty good and now on my PC it runs even better.

Loving the game btw :bounce3:

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz

4GB RAM

64bit (Vista)

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT (512MB dedicated memory)

Well? I'm guessing it could probably run on High.. But please, do rate it!

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium

Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001

System Manufacturer Acer

System Model Aspire X3200

System Type x64-based PC

Processor AMD Phenom 8400 Triple-Core Processor, 2100 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 3 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Will it run on my PC if I buy this card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162016

i got a situation

my 9600gt is broken and i have to wait 8 weeks (8 fckin weeks!!)

so i buy a budget card until then

choices are

HD4650 or 9500gt

wich one and how will i play arma ?

q8200

4gb ram

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium

Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001

System Manufacturer Acer

System Model Aspire X3200

System Type x64-based PC

Processor AMD Phenom 8400 Triple-Core Processor, 2100 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 3 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Will it run on my PC if I buy this card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162016

It should. I too have a 9600GT. I have a better CPU though, so YMMV.

so what card is the best recommended??

i gonna buy new graphic card just for arma 2

plz help me choose

Radeon HD4890.

what about hd 4870 x2

or gtx 295 ?

are they bug less in arma 2?

or should i buy two Radeon HD4890 with crossfire?

can same one rate what is the best to worse

10x alot