Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Going to build a new PC in the (kinda) near future. How's this look:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2Ghz

SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 4890

GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P

4GB Ram

Vista - 64bit most likely

Will be playing @ 1680x1050. Will this be enough to run it @ 'high' settings and have a steady, non laggy gameplay?

It should run the game nicely at that resolution IMO. Only thing I'll suggest is to dual boot with Vista/Windows 7 because according to tests, Win7 will run this game much smoother than Vista. I'm currently running it in XP instead of Vista64 until I get Win7 installed (which is tonight after work :D).

Jero.

Edit: Hang on... It will be mainly smooth, but will still have occasional lags. Mine does and so do all the other high end systems with even better GPUs. I believe some of the lag in ArmA2 to be due to coding rather than hardware (I'm only guessing that though so please don't quote me or flame me - I'm not having a go at BIS's efforts) so I just don't want to give advice here unless you're aware this game may well be somewhat laggy on even a super computer! Does that make sense?

Edited by doakwolf

It should run the game nicely at that resolution IMO. Only thing I'll suggest is to dual boot with Vista/Windows 7 because according to tests, Win7 will run this game much smoother than Vista. I'm currently running it in XP instead of Vista64 until I get Win7 installed (which is tonight after work :D).

Jero.

Edit: Hang on... It will be mainly smooth, but will still have occasional lags. Mine does and so do all the other high end systems with even better GPUs. I believe some of the lag in ArmA2 to be due to coding rather than hardware (I'm only guessing that though so please don't quote me or flame me - I'm not having a go at BIS's efforts) so I just don't want to give advice here unless you're aware this game may well be somewhat laggy on even a super computer! Does that make sense?

Yes I understand a lot of people are having performance problems. Hopefully, further patching of the game will help. Thanks! Gonna go for that set up.

am running the game on

1.83 Core due 2

2 GB DDR2

Geforce 9500 GT 1Gb Ram

and its fine

am running the game on

1.83 Core due 2

2 GB DDR2

Geforce 9500 GT 1Gb Ram

and its fine

Really?

What about a DX4 33mhz with a voodoo 3 16mb?

Are you serious it works fine on a 9500gt?

I posted this in a different thread and didn't realise there was a dedicated one for it :(:(

So I'll post what I posted in the original:

I wanted to play ArmA 2 on a low resolution (possibly 800X600 or slightly above) with medium graphics and a fairly good FPS (20-35, or higher).

My specifications are:

Intel Pentium 4 3.00Ghz (2 cores)

ASUS GeForce 8800GTX 768MB

3.5GB RAM DDR2

Windows XP 32 bit SP3

Thanks for any help.

P.S if my PC can't run it, just tell me where the weak point is. It would be greatly appreciated.

yes am serious

i can post a video on youtube so you can see the game

am running Geforce 9500GT

2 Gb Ram

Windows Vista 32

1.83 Core Due 2

My settings are normal res is 1280 X 1024

yes am serious

i can post a video on youtube so you can see the game

am running Geforce 9500GT

2 Gb Ram

Windows Vista 32

1.83 Core Due 2

My settings are normal res is 1280 X 1024

Oh i see is because you're running 1280 x 1024. Make sense now

I posted this in a different thread and didn't realise there was a dedicated one for it :(:(

So I'll post what I posted in the original:

I wanted to play ArmA 2 on a low resolution (possibly 800X600 or slightly above) with medium graphics and a fairly good FPS (20-35, or higher).

My specifications are:

Intel Pentium 4 3.00Ghz (2 cores)

ASUS GeForce 8800GTX 768MB

3.5GB RAM DDR2

Windows XP 32 bit SP3

Thanks for any help.

P.S if my PC can't run it, just tell me where the weak point is. It would be greatly appreciated.

Some people have had reasonably good success running the games on Pentium 4s with sufficiently powerful graphics cards, so you may just be in luck here. However, the aging single-core Pentium 4 is going to be a major bottleneck.

Will this be ok?

Bit concerned the CPU might bottle neck me.

ASUS P5K Pro Motherboard

Intel C2D 2.4ghz 2mb L2 cache CPU

4GB 1066mhz DDR2 RAM

Nvidia GTX285 1GB Graphics

22inch 5ms LCD monitor (1680 x 1050)

Windows 7 - 64bit OS

Also, should I risk patching the game or should I leave it? Especially with the Win7 64bit OS

Edited by Reticulum

Why would you name yourself after an insurgent sniper who killed American soldiers?

So we shouldn't shout Geronimo when we jump out of planes?

Why would you name yourself after an insurgent sniper who killed American soldiers?

http://www.google.com/search?q=Juba&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

So we shouldn't shout Geronimo when we jump out of planes?
He was a great american!

I'm running the game on a AMD 64 Athlon x2 3800 + dual core 1.99 GHz 2gigz of ram with a ati MSI radeon 4850 pci-e 585 wat power supply and a 224 gb hard drive , can run everything on normal/high, my question to you all is, will this game run on a pentium 4 HT 3.20 GHz Single core PC ? i have one in the other room was thinking about switching Hardrives ram power supply & graphics card, but will it run well on the single core pc or no?

Hi people im new to pcs as i was a console gamer all my life.But now im looking for a good gaming desktop that can handle arma 2 on high with good fps.

Now could someone tell me if this is suitible,and what should i expect from it?

Detailed Features

Specs Summary:

* Intel Core i7 920 2.66 GHz Processor

* MSI X58 Pro Motherboard

* 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 896MB

* 12GB High-Speed DDR3-1333 Memory

* 1TB Serial-ATA-II Hard Drive

* 22x DL DVD+/-RW Drive

* Onboard Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000

* NZXT Guardian Inferno Gaming Chassis

* 800 Watt Power Supply

* iBUYPOWER USB Deluxe Keyboard/Mouse

PLEASE PM ME WITH THE ANSWERS PLEASE!!!

It be Win XP 32bit (home edition i think)

Don't waste money on 4 Gigs of ram, XP 32 can only handle two Gigs on the motherboard and up to 1 gig on the graphics card.

I'm running the game on a AMD 64 Athlon x2 3800 + dual core 1.99 GHz 2gigz of ram with a ati MSI radeon 4850 pci-e 585 wat power supply and a 224 gb hard drive , can run everything on normal/high, my question to you all is, will this game run on a pentium 4 HT 3.20 GHz Single core PC ? i have one in the other room was thinking about switching Hardrives ram power supply & graphics card, but will it run well on the single core pc or no?

hello?

Hi people im new to pcs as i was a console gamer all my life.But now im looking for a good gaming desktop that can handle arma 2 on high with good fps.

Now could someone tell me if this is suitible,and what should i expect from it?

Detailed Features

Specs Summary:

* Intel Core i7 920 2.66 GHz Processor

* MSI X58 Pro Motherboard

* 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 896MB

* 12GB High-Speed DDR3-1333 Memory

* 1TB Serial-ATA-II Hard Drive

* 22x DL DVD+/-RW Drive

* Onboard Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000

* NZXT Guardian Inferno Gaming Chassis

* 800 Watt Power Supply

* iBUYPOWER USB Deluxe Keyboard/Mouse

PLEASE PM ME WITH THE ANSWERS PLEASE!!!

That's a good spec, but ArmA 2 doesn't reliably work with two graphics cards, (neither do alot of other games for the matter) you'd be better off just getting a single fast card, like the Radeon HD4890 instead of the two GTX260s.

Possibly, but why bother if you have a much better CPU?

this 1.99 GHz is slow loading but it gets the job done,and its the bottleneck. The 3.20 single core in the other room is fast for a single core pc, but i dunno if i wanna switch here very confusing process :(

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

dunno, minimum says dual core pentium 3.0ghz but for AMD its a single core 3200+ lol

i dont get it

Gigahertz ratings do not compare across different types of CPU. A 2GHz AMD CPU is about equivalent to a 3.2GHz Pentium 4. The reason why the game is slow is that your CPU is on the bare minimum of what is realistically required to run the game. The P4 definitely would be slower because its single core.

i dont get it

A 3200+ Athlon64 would be the equivalent of a 3.2GHz Pentium 4 in most cases. I think wooly back jack is wondering why the AMD requirements are higher than the Pentium 4 ones (it's actually the reverse for the recommended requirements, the AMD processor recommended is much slower than the C2D one recommended)

Don't waste money on 4 Gigs of ram, XP 32 can only handle two Gigs on the motherboard and up to 1 gig on the graphics card.

XP 32 can handle 3.25GB RAM

Depends on your system In some extreme cases where people have 1 or 2GB g-cards, they may only get 2GB of usable RAM. Most people get between 2.9-3.25GB