Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Any chances to get Arma running decently on my notebook: Core 2 Duo P8600@2.4 GHz, 4GB ram, NVidia 9300M GS (256 MB dedicated VRAM), Vista Business 32bit? The demo runs like shit even on low resolutions and using reduced quality settings... I guess the gfx card is the main bottleneck, but using which settings might the game be actually enjoyable on a rig like this?

not sure which lappy cards are supported but Try different drivers, and add -cpuCount=2 -maxmem=2047 to your arma.exe shortcut

Edited by wooly-back-jack
adding -maxmem=2047

Any chances to get Arma running decently on my notebook: Core 2 Duo P8600@2.4 GHz, 4GB ram, NVidia 9300M GS (256 MB dedicated VRAM), Vista Business 32bit? The demo runs like shit even on low resolutions and using reduced quality settings... I guess the gfx card is the main bottleneck, but using which settings might the game be actually enjoyable on a rig like this?

from what people have said previously the full game is harder to run than the demo as there is more island and more AI to deal with so if your strugling with the demo i doubt youll run the full game on that machine.... sorry!!!

from what people have said previously the full game is harder to run than the demo as there is more island and more AI to deal with so if your strugling with the demo i doubt youll run the full game on that machine.... sorry!!!

That may be true but the are a few mods about to lower the grass clutter/remove the blur etc etc.

The full game actually ran better than the demo for me.

iCore7 here and the game crashes more than a pubber in the A-10.

Does this game fully utilize quad core?

Nope. It's dual core optimized. It's been proven quite conclusively than the current version of the game doesnt make use of quad cores.

Well, if even the lowest settings on the demo don't yield usable results, then I doubt anything is going to be different with the real game. Unfortunately your g-card is a good bit slower than minimum requirements.

I doubt it, after reading this thread.

Seems that most people, even with super high end computers are struggling.

Well theoretically it should do well, but i cant predict whether or not that particular setup will fail for ArmA.. Its pot luck.. but theoretically its a high end pc for ArmA2

why nvidia? 9800GT is decent and should be able to run ArmA 2 at medium-high settings. But if i were you i would get myself the HiS ATi Radeon 4850 PCI-E Card, :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161275

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161259

i have the exact same 512mb card, its so awesome! i can run the game at practically max all very high settings except AA or Medium-disabled and shadows on normal so my Fps doesnt drop, the card is always 30-33 idle and never goes over 40 when underload even Overclocked the card at 700 Mhz core clock and 1200 memory clock and have had no problems

The 9800gtx is a steal for 130 bucks on Newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130339 Hell grab two and run them on an sli board.

Ok so After searching all over Fl for this game I finally found it I have the minimal requirments on my Comp. But the game is laggy and not put together is it buggy or is my computer just not good enough?:depressed::depressed::depressed:

Well if minimal means minimal then I have minimal because if i didnt have minimal it would not even install.

Well if it is laggy, turn everything down. Only meeting the minimum requirements is going to allow you to play the game on only the lowest of the low.

iv done that and its still Skippy and not real clear the speech is broken and the text pops in and out.

the broken speech is normal. Robot talk has been around forever. It only improved a "little" in ArmA2.

Just what is your specs?

Gimmie afew minutes Ill get back to you.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

System type-x64based

Processor-Intel®core 2 Duo cpu T5800 @ 2.00 GHz 2000 MHz 2 core(s) 2 log...

Installed physical Memory 4.00 GB

Total physical memory 3.93GB

Availibal physical memory 2.45GB

total virtual memory 8.07GB

availibal virtual memory 6.34GB

If you need to know about somthing else then explain to me how to get there and what its called so I can tell you I have know Idea about this stuff

Your Show stopper is your Laptop Processor for sure @ 2.0 Ghz - and the mobile (Intel?) Video Card Thats just not going to be enough to satify this hardware hungry game.

This game is HIGHLY reliant on the processor and I am sorry but the T5800 is just an Intel "budget busting" chip that kept the laptop prices down and was not really developed for gaming.

Also, I see no mention of your Video card in your specs, (standard Intel Integrated Graphics card?), no sound card information or Laptop model even. (Dell Inspiron 1525 ?)

Providing more information in the future will lead to faster and more accurate answers. :)

Just FYI ...

System Requirements

Minimum:

Processor: Dual Core CPU (Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, Intel Core 2.0 GHz, AMD Athlon 3200+ or faster)

Memory: 1 GB RAM

Graphics: GPU (Nvidia Geforce 7800 / ATI Radeon 1800 or faster) with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM

Hard Drive: 10 GB free HDD space

Recommended:

Processor: Quad Core CPU or fast Dual Core CPU (Intel Core 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or faster)

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Graphics: Fast GPU (Nvidia Geforce 8800GT or ATI Radeon 4850 or faster) with Shader Model 3 and 512 or more MB VRAM

Hard Drive: 10 GB free HDD space

Edited by pchaxor

what does that mean? I dont know how to compare these things someone help me out plz

Well I'm no PC guru ...

But I figured this was the case

It really doesn't matter how many CPU cores you have

Quad Core -Duel Core- Duel Quad core .. :-)

This new state of the art .......

Intel Core i7 920 2.66 GHz Processor

is just a 2.6 single core when it comes to games

Bummer ...

READ More Here.........

http://www.avforums.com/forums/motherboards-cpus-cases-psus/900731-what-cpu-gaming-core-2-e8600-quad-q9550-2.html

Last year, I'd have agreed with that. This year, game developers are starting to make use of the multi-core chips. Have a look at the results in the ArmAII-Mark post on this forum... i7s and Core2Quads are doing pretty well.

I wouldn't say they're necessary for gaming but they certainly are making use of more than one core from what I've seen.

Cheers,

Jero.

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

at 1280x1024 with a fillrate of 150% and everything on normal with low AA and AF, what kind of settings are they for those cards? lol

Needs moar benchmark.

Oh yes, I thought the same thing! But I thought it would give the OP I was replying to an idea of how well the 4800s seem to be running this game.

what does that mean? I dont know how to compare these things someone help me out plz

If you are on a laptop then, unless its for gaming...you are out of luck. You'll need to upgrade, probably to a desktop to run this game the way its supposed to run.

Edited by Cheeba

Thanks guys and sorry for not posting everything that was needed I dont really know comps that well.. can you tell me how to upgrade the procesor or what ever it is that I need.

Ok so After searching all over Fl for this game I finally found it I have the minimal requirments on my Comp. But the game is laggy and not put together is it buggy or is my computer just not good enough?:depressed::depressed::depressed:

Minimal requirements means just that. Minimal. That just means that you will be able to start the game.

Sorry for not posting everything. thanks for everything guys, can you tell me how to upgrade my processor?

Why would you name yourself after an insurgent sniper who killed American soldiers?

That's slightly off topic... and if a sniper named "Bulldogs" killed a bunch of Allies I wouldn't change my name.. anyways

If you're going to get a new desktop computer then have a look at the prebuilt ones from companies like Dell. Best to stick with pre-built if you're not too comfortable building it yourself. Then it all depends how much you want to spend. It's best to go at least a e7200 for Core 2 Duo (Q6600 or higher for quad core), as for graphics go for something like the ATi 4870. Make sure you have at least 4gb of Ram as well.

Going to build a new PC in the (kinda) near future. How's this look:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2Ghz

SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 4890

GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P

4GB Ram

Vista - 64bit most likely

Will be playing @ 1680x1050. Will this be enough to run it @ 'high' settings and have a steady, non laggy gameplay?