Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Why on earth was the 'Superhuman AI' thread merged with this mega thread!?!?!?

I clicked the wrong box when merging threads before. At least it saved keimosabe from getting an infraction for starting new threads without searching first as there are a number of existing AI threads :)

Weird in my control panel i try to uninstall the Intel Graphic Accelarator driver to install my new video card but i cant uninstall it.. when i click on it a little hourglass works but then nothing happens..

Current Specs

AMD 6000+ Dual Core, default 3.1GHZ. Overclocked to 3.27 GHZ.

2GB DDR2 800 Ram.

ATI 4830 Graphics card.

500W PSU

What could I improve in this setup, defiantely going to get 4GB of ram, no point getting more as I'm running XP 32, so....

What else, new CPU looking at an AMD Quad 3.0 GHZ overclocked.

Edited by Headshot119

default 3.1GHZ. Overclocked to 2.27 GHZ.

Lolwut?

It's a pretty decent spec. The graphics card isnt the fastest in the world, but I suppose it's good if you are on a budget.

Hi

Still thinking about building my PC. does anyone know what the intel q9400 S775 processor is like because I can get one quite cheap. Whats the performance like?

Thanks

Phil

just disable onboard gfx in bios?

k so having the onboard drivers on pc isnt a problem when nstalling my nvidia?

im new to pc gaming, im waiting for my pc bits and bobs to arrive so i can get setup.

im ordering

amd phenom II x4 quad core 955 3.2GHz

ati radeon hd 4890 1024mb gddr5 (950MHz)

corsair tx 750W atx PSU

3x2GB ddr3 (1333MHz)

from the info that ive given you can you tell if i can run arma at a decent rate/or if it will run it at all?! thanks alot!!! if you need more info to tell... please let me know. thanks for the help in advance people.

ps if you can give me some of your opinions on what to get feel free im looking to buy all the equipment soon so the quicker your suggestions the better.

thanks again

Edited by PrettyRicky1987

High I'm new here so I wanted to know if my computer will be able to run ArmA 2 at high or max settings. I ordered it so it should arrive fairly soon, but I would like to know at what settings I can hope to run ArmA 2 at. Specs are:

Processor: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition 2.7GHz Dual Core (2x 512MB L2, 2MB L3 Cache)

Graphics Processor: Single 512MB GDDR3 ATI Radeon HD 4850

Memory: 4GB« Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 x 1024MB

Wasn't sure what I should post, I love video games however I don't know a thing about computers. If I should post any other information I'll post it asap! Thanks in advance!

I clicked the wrong box when merging threads before. At least it saved keimosabe from getting an infraction for starting new threads without searching first as there are a number of existing AI threads :)

So you were drunk :whistle:

:cheers:

High I'm new here so I wanted to know if my computer will be able to run ArmA 2 at high or max settings. I ordered it so it should arrive fairly soon, but I would like to know at what settings I can hope to run ArmA 2 at. Specs are:

Processor: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition 2.7GHz Dual Core (2x 512MB L2, 2MB L3 Cache)

Graphics Processor: Single 512MB GDDR3 ATI Radeon HD 4850

Memory: 4GB« Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 x 1024MB

Wasn't sure what I should post, I love video games however I don't know a thing about computers. If I should post any other information I'll post it asap! Thanks in advance!

you copied my post :butbut: lol if your system will run it mine should too, so fingers crossed for both of us mate lol hopefully meet you online soon so i can woop ya lol

Well their not exactly the same, I have a dual core and you have a quad core. You also have the 4890HD and I have the 4850HD, but i sure hope that our computers can run it! You probably will kill me if we're ever online in the same game tho :p.

Edited by Lich342
Made 4890 HD

Well their not exactly the same, I have a dual core and you have a quad core. You also have the 4890 and I have the 4850HD, but i sure hope that our computers can run it! You probably will kill me if we're ever online in the same game tho :p.

yeah not quite the same but if someone says yours will run it then mine should too... then starts a hole new problem for me frame rate etc... i really havent got a clue but im sure someone on the forum will lol cant wait to get setup n get gamin :yay: haha

r u fckin kidding me :o

so bought a new pc... changed my card... now my screen goes standby when i played Crysis again :s omfg

Looking at the benchmarks for the NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M, it seems like it could run Cyrsis on medium settings, but I keep reading that it is designed for graphics-intensive 3D design programs. Should I be worried about that? Would it handle Arma?

It's for a HP EliteBook 8530w, btw.

r u fckin kidding me :o

so bought a new pc... changed my card... now my screen goes standby when i played Crysis again :s omfg

Did you connect the PCI-E power cable for your graphics card?

Looking at the benchmarks for the NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M, it seems like it could run Cyrsis on medium settings, but I keep reading that it is designed for graphics-intensive 3D design programs. Should I be worried about that? Would it handle Arma?

According to wiki, it's a workstation-graphics version of the 9600M-GT, a respectably powerful card for a laptop. However, as you point out, the firmware and drivers of the Quadro cards are optimized for accuracy over speed, so there is going to be some performance penalty versus the consumer version of the chip. However, I'm not entirely sure how big that difference is, and it may vary from card to card. I don't think it's particularly big anyway, so you should be safe. And if benchmarks say it's good, I wouldnt argue.

Edited by echo1

How will a Geforce 7950GTX handle ArmA2? I just wanted to get something that would play the game and I can upgrade later.

Probably not all that well. What happened to the PC you mentioned earlier?

Did you connect the PCI-E power cable for your graphics card?

According to wiki, it's a workstation-graphics version of the 9600M-GT, a respectably powerful card for a laptop. However, as you point out, the firmware and drivers of the Quadro cards are optimized for accuracy over speed, so there is going to be some performance penalty versus the consumer version of the chip. However, I'm not entirely sure how big that difference is, and it may vary from card to card. I don't think it's particularly big anyway, so you should be safe. And if benchmarks say it's good, I wouldnt argue.

Yes i have put the cable in my psu... it's just like the previous pc guess the card is kaput :(

Probably not all that well. What happened to the PC you mentioned earlier?

I was thinking about getting a PC that I could build on so that I dont have to spend so much time raising money.

Whats the minmum card that will play this game on medium?

im new to pc gaming, im waiting for my pc bits and bobs to arrive so i can get setup.

im ordering

corsair tx 750W atx PSU

3x2GB ddr3 (1333MHz)

from the info that ive given you can you tell if i can run arma at a decent rate/or if it will run it at all?! thanks alot!!! if you need more info to tell... please let me know. thanks for the help in advance people.

ps if you can give me some of your opinions on what to get feel free im looking to buy all the equipment soon so the quicker your suggestions the better.

thanks again

Ok I've been searching this thread for about an hour now and I'm more confused now than I was before I started. Maybe someone here can help me. I'm looking to buy a decent PC that I'll be able to play ARMA 2 on low/normal settings. I'm almost clueless when it comes to PCs but I think its time for me to buy something I can at least play this game on. My budget is somewhat limited (like I said I just want to be able to play on low or normal settings) so I can't get the best hardware out there. I've heard people say the best thing is to buy the components and build it yourself, since that's cheaper, but I just don't know I have the technical know-how. Can somebody point me in the direction of an already put together piece that I could buy to get where I wanna be?

Thanks

I gotta wait to send my gfx card to the store and get a new one until that i have a crappy G31 onboard... anyone know any old games but great ones that will run on it?

im ordering

corsair tx 750W atx PSU

3x2GB ddr3 (1333MHz)

thanks again

Should do!

I've just ordered my PC today and its fairly similar!

AMD Phenom II 955 x4 3.2ghz Quad

2x2GB DDR3 RAM 1200mhz (summat like that)

Nvidia GTX275

Someone told me the spec looks good on paper but ArmA2 can sometimes be wierd about certain set ups...