Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Use the "Search this Thread" button if you're trying to find certain things.

In reality, people who are building new PCs should stick to the PC Thread in offtopic.

I'm kinda surprised that AMD thread is still open, the general policy of the mods is to consolidate all hardware discussion in either this thread or the offtopic one.

so which intel processor and motherboard provide the best value for money yet providing solid performance?

what i've got is

processor intel core 2 quad q8300

graphic card nvida geforce gt120(1gb)

and 4gb ram

will it run on very high settings ??

Sorry wrong post

Edited by Guest
My mistake

havent decided yet

Q8200

E8400

X3 710

wich one is best for gaming? and for the future

what i've got is

processor intel core 2 quad q8300

graphic card nvida geforce gt120(1gb)

and 4gb ram

will it run on very high settings ??

The GT120 is a rebranded 9500GT, which is quite aweak card. It will run, but dont expect high quality settings.

In keeping with nVidia's policy to confuse the fuck out of everyone without bringing anything new to the table, the GT100 series are rebranded 9-series cards (much in the same way that the 9-series was the 8-series rebranded for the most part) As far as I remember, it goes -

GT110 - 9400GT

GT120 - 9500GT

GT130 - 9600GSO

GT140 - 9600GT

GT150 - 9800GT

Fortunately, they're OEM only, meaning that they only show up in computers you buy from shops, thus minimizing the amount of confusion caused to people who buy graphics cards.

Love this game guys. The only problem that I have is that when doing some LAN games with friends and we use the WIZARD to set up a game, it seems that the AI has superhuman sight and hearing, being able to kill us from waaaaaay out, sometimes using weapons that in no way would be accurate to shoot with at that range.

And god help you when you open fire, no matter how far out. They instantly spot you and move in, unless yer out in the open where you die.

Is there any way to turn down the AI superhuman sight and hearing without going into a dedicated server setup? Thanks for the info....

AHAAAAAAA!! Thanks brother...:yay:

I had seen that before but did not know what the sliderws were for..... DOH!!!!

i have got

Processor: 7i 965 ex edition watercooled to 5ghz,

12gb of ddr3 ram at 2000mhz,

x2 295 geforce in sli

my mobo: P6T Deluxe V2

30ich NEC TFT plus

hdd: 1 ocz vertex 120gb ssd and 1tb samsung spinpoint F1

System type: Windows Vista 64 bit SP2

I have all the setting on the highest it looks great and plays well i average fps is 70+

Edited by Sharpethunder

IS THIS A GOOD RIG?

The computer has a AMD dual core 6000+ black edition

4 gigs black edition ram

150gb hard drive

xfx bfg geforce 9800 gtx black edition

ECS black edition mother board.

5.1 high definition mother board

geforce 8 series video card with hdmi

4 usb ports

2 dvi ports

dvd dl burner

10/100 lan

windows vista or windows 7 rc.

Im not sure, these are the specs that a custom builder emailed me. Its one he already had built and I was thinking about it.

Can anyone tell me if my computer will be able to run ArmA II so it's atleast playable.

This is what I got

GPU: NVIDIA Geforce 7900 GTX

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2,6Ghz

MEM: 2 GB

why does it say 9800GTX and then 8 series video card?

A lot of AMD motherboards these days have integrated ATI or nVidia GPUs for HTPC usage. I'd say that the spec refers to an integrated GeForce 8200 or 8300.

Cobra Pilot: The spec is somewhat mediocre. It will run the game, but I really hope you're not paying much money for it. Out of curiosity, how much is it?

Skylin3: The graphics card is pretty weak. I'd download the demo and see how well your PC can handle it.

Can anyone tell me if my computer will be able to run ArmA II so it's atleast playable.

This is what I got

GPU: NVIDIA Geforce 7900 GTX

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2,6Ghz

MEM: 2 GB

I've seen it run on worse. It will be playable on low settings. Try the demo first though.

well, I'd make sure it is a 9800GTX and not an 8800 as the 9800GTX is newer

don't let him say "well I told you in email it was an 8 series!"

(edit: surely if it has onboard 8 series he wouldn't be advertising the fact when the main gfx is a 9?)

The 9800GTX was a pretty good card when it came out about a year and a half ago. Nowadays it's a pretty odd choice - it's been long since replaced by more efficient models, either the dealer you're buying from it getting a good price on them, or he's trying to get rid of old stock. Performance wise, they come somwhere between the 8800GT and the HD4850. It will run fine, but if I were building a new machine, I'd go for something more substantive - a minimum of a HD4870.

That said, if you're on a tight budget and you're getting it for a good price, it's fine.

Oh, and I just noticed - a 150GB hard drive... I assume it's one of those WD Raptor drives... I really wouldnt bother. They aren't really that much faster than a good regular hard drive like the Samsung F1. I'd ask for a hard drive like the Samsung F1 1TB and save the money or put it towards a faster CPU or graphics card.

Well, it's closer to the HD4850 than it is to the 8800GT, but it's still slower than the 4850. Later revisions such as the 9800GTX+ and GTS250 were released specifically to address the performance gap, the former put it on a par with the 4850, the latter was designed to be cheaper to produce and slightly faster. Either way, the HD4850 is only really worth considering if you're on a tight budget, the 4870 and 4890 offer much better performance for your euro/pound/dollar/yen/florins etc.

A lot of AMD motherboards these days have integrated ATI or nVidia GPUs for HTPC usage. I'd say that the spec refers to an integrated GeForce 8200 or 8300.

Cobra Pilot: The spec is somewhat mediocre. It will run the game, but I really hope you're not paying much money for it. Out of curiosity, how much is it?

Skylin3: The graphics card is pretty weak. I'd download the demo and see how well your PC can handle it.

$750, am I getting ripped off?