Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

wams05:

The graphics card on that laptop is very weak. Won't be much good for ArmA 2, or indeed, most modern games.

Azamato:

The one with the Q8200... How come you keep on coming up with all these different specs? Have you not bought one yet?

Once I decide wich to buy, another option comes... lol

Problem is the ones with the E8400, AMD x3 and the Quad core are too far from where I live.. and the 7750 x2 is too weak lol need to get a ride for the q8200 then

Heres mine

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX (GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX)

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

2Gb RAM DDR2

Giga-Byte GA-P35-DS3L (rev. 1.0) Motherboard

How high can i run this game with decent fPs?

Well would anyone like to let me know if i can run this game pretty well ( 30 Fps alleast) with these specs

AMD Phenom 9600 2.3GHz Quad-Core Processor

ECS NFORCE9M-A V1.0 motherboard

GeForce 9400 GT 1GB GDDR2 Graphics Card

8 GB DDR2 800 PC2-6400 RAM

500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Windows Vista 64 Bit Operating System

EDIT: He was talking about the spec on the previous page which was a desktop.

Well would anyone like to let me know if i can run this game pretty well ( 30 Fps alleast) with these specs

AMD Phenom 9600 2.3GHz Quad-Core Processor

ECS NFORCE9M-A V1.0 motherboard

GeForce 9400 GT 1GB GDDR2 Graphics Card

That graphics card definitely has to be replaced.

Playing Arma II for a month now, but performance isn't everything. this are my specs now

Proc: C2Duo E6850 @ 3.6ghz

Ram: 4GB DDR2 800mhz

GFX: Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX

HDD: Samsung RAID 0 7200rpm

I'm playing on 1920x1200 resolution, wich is high. I don't have enough money for a complete system upgrade, and don't know if it's needed to get good performance. I'm thinking of upgrading my gfx to a ATI 4890, it costs 170 Euro.

Will I get a nice performance boost with the gfx card upgrade? and won't my CPU be a bottleneck? considering the high resolution in think a gfx card is a big factor in the performance on my system.

is this a good rig?

The computer has a AMD dual core 6000+ black edition

4 gigs black edition ram

150gb hard drive

xfx bfg geforce 9800 gtx black edition

ECS black edition mother board.

5.1 high definition mother board

geforce 8 series video card with hdmi

4 usb ports

2 dvi ports

dvd dl burner

10/100 lan

windows vista or windows 7 rc.

Playing Arma II for a month now, but performance isn't everything. this are my specs now

I'm playing on 1920x1200 resolution, wich is high. I don't have enough money for a complete system upgrade, and don't know if it's needed to get good performance. I'm thinking of upgrading my gfx to a ATI 4890, it costs 170 Euro.

Will I get a nice performance boost with the gfx card upgrade? and won't my CPU be a bottleneck? considering the high resolution in think a gfx card is a big factor in the performance on my system.

You will get a huge boost with that 4890, my brother has got a 4890/ e6600 oc 3.0ghz and gets 4200 score on arma2mark bench, good choice of card go for it my friend, and because of your cpus got an extra 0.6oc you should be above 4500+.:)

Edited by ste4lth004

Honestly the new card won't help until they fix the software. I see a lot of people with higher end i7's rigs w/ the 4800's and gtx's still having performace issues.

Hi there. I just built my pc using an ATI 4870, phenom II x2 550, 4 GB DDR3 ram. I downloaded the demo and when I ran it there was a problem: This application has failed to start b/c X3DAudio1_6 was not found.

does anyone know how to go about this? I'm currently using Windows XP. Thanks.

But ive been told you cant upgrade laptops?

Depends on your brand and type of laptop.

See my sig… my notebook got some upgrade possibilities... that’s why I bought it.

Bud most notebook main boards have their GPU integrated.

PS: Running Arma 2 on 1024 X 800 @ avarage 30 FPS with a lot of flickering textures sometimes (has something to do with my sli setup I think)... and then the game runs sometimes smoother for a while with random FPS drops in certain areas.

Edited by ericodapinco

Hi guys!

I was a huge fan of OFP many years back and all its addons. Ive had a few years out of gaming and only have an old Dell P4 at the moment. Im thinking of building my own PC, although I am on a tight budget.

What I'm thinking of buying at the moment is a G31 motherboard with an intel q8200 quad 2.33GHz processor and 4 GB memory and maybe picking a cheap 1 GB graphics card up on ebay.

What do you think and recommend?

<i>cheap 1 GB graphics card</i>

Don't - bigger numbers is not equal to better card. Newegg.com has pretty cheap parts.

Hi guys!

I was a huge fan of OFP many years back and all its addons. Ive had a few years out of gaming and only have an old Dell P4 at the moment. Im thinking of building my own PC, although I am on a tight budget.

What I'm thinking of buying at the moment is a G31 motherboard with an intel q8200 quad 2.33GHz processor and 4 GB memory and maybe picking a cheap 1 GB graphics card up on ebay.

What do you think and recommend?

The Q8200 is a pretty basic quad core cpu but it's reasonably priced and it can easily be clocked to 3 gHz with stock cooling without any stabilty issues. I have it myself and I'm pleased with the performance it delivers.

About the graphics card. Surely 1 gb is good but it's just a minor part. Nowadays they add 1 gb to pretty much all cards because it's a cheap way to get people to buy it. Even if you have a really tight budget don't get anything less than a Radeon HD 4850 or GTS 250 if you prefer GeForce cards.

Thanks! Quite interested in these so called motherboard bundles that you can pick up with motherboard, RAM and processor all included. Seen this G31 board with 4 GB and quad processor for a good price. I still dont know if it works out cheaper than buying a whole new computer off Dell.

Thanks Llauma. Do you know anything about the G31 board and how easy is it to overclock? Still quite confused about all the different graphics cards out there. So many to choose from!

Edited by phil788

anyone have any idea how this will run ArmA 2? :)

Proc: AMD PHENOM II 940 Quad @ 3.0Ghz

GFX: Nvidia Geforce GTX260 896mb

on paper should run it well, whether it will is another matter lol, quite a few of us are waiting for bugs/crashes to be fixed

Building your own PC for the first time can be a little daunting, but don't worry... it's fairly straightforward, you'll get far more bang for your buck, and no unnecessary "features" you didn't need - once you build your first it's unlikely you'll buy a "stock" computer again...

I think you'll also find there'll be no shortage of helpful advice from these forums if you have any minor hiccups during your build...

With graphics cards it's usually a straightforward procedure...

Decide whether you're going for ATI or Nvidia (both camps have fiercely loyal supporters)...

Once you've decided, its really just a matter of "performance bracket" - there's roughly "equivalent" cards from both Manufacturers...

Even if you have a really tight budget don't get anything less than a Radeon HD 4850 or GTS 250 if you prefer GeForce cards

Sound advice - and illustrates a pair of "rough equivalents"...

My advice for graphics cards is to decide on the one that is the most expensive you can afford... then wait and save a few weeks if necessary, and buy the model ABOVE that...

Not that long down the line you'll be glad you went that extra few bucks...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

scan.co.uk is who i shop with.

this game likes quads and ATI, so i would recommend

Phenom II 955

4890 series GPU