Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Hey guys, I was wondering if a graphics card upgrade would give me a nominal boost to my FPS.

Right now I am running this:

CPU: Intel QX6700 OC @ 3.2Ghz

RAM: 4Gb (3.1 visible in windows)

GPU: nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 768Mb

If I were to upgrade to a ATI 4890 1Gb would that provide a nice increase?

I just want to be able to run with a higher framerate than I do now with Object detail turned up to high. Right now at normal LOD is all wacked out even at fairly close ranges. Tanks and IFVs look like paper cut outs until I right click and zoom on them. :mad:

I have found it perfectly fine looking and playable with low or normal FSAA and AF and shadows and the other things set to high or normal.

I usually play with Post Processing off, but thats more because I cant stand the blur. :p I would love to have more PP controls.

also would it utilize the max 32 bit userspace for memory if I ran XP64?

Hi all, yes you will see huge jump in frames with that 4890, ive just upgraded from 8800gtx, not sure about the 64bit question, but you will be pleased with that card, just make sure you have a 6 to 8 lead psu adaptor if the card needs one some 4890s need the lead.

Looks like game still doesn't support dual-gpu cards. I hope it will in near future.

Me too. I wanna pick up the BFG 295 in a few months.

hmmm, interesting. Still, with all the CPU supposedly going to the AI, I was quite disappointed yesterday - I finally managed to set up the demo so it does not crash after 2 minutes. I set up a mission when I attacked 12 foot soldiers and I was driving a tank (I know, not quite fair...)

So, I drive that tank right to the group and what they do? Not a thing... They just look at me, waiting to be shot. You may want to call it realistic, I call it dumb like an oyster.

Edited by leckig

My monitor max resolution is 1360x768.

My Mboard is a A8N-SLI PCI-ex16

So for £100 what is the best graphics card for what will take best advantage of that low resolution.

Which card would be well suited for A2, a GTX 295 or an EVGA GTX 285 2GB FTW Edition?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130496

I would get the GTX 275 and OC it. It will be better then a regular 285.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Have they done anything about SLI support.

Just curious??

anybody have some feedback about how the optimization in the demo compares to the full retail version? Better, worse, or the same?

I would get the GTX 275 and OC it. It will be better then a regular 285.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Have they done anything about SLI support.

Just curious??

No, I don't think so. I checked the SLI load balancing graph, and it's barely filled.

Oh, and I think the 275 will not be better than the 285 no matter how high your OC is, because of less memory and interface width , and plus the 285 can OC too.

Edited by Amuro

anybody have some feedback about how the optimization in the demo compares to the full retail version? Better, worse, or the same?

About the same.

For the people asking about video cards, I really don't think you need to shell out big bucks. The problem with the game is the CPU I think. When I'm playing a scenario where there's no enemy or friendly around, the game runs beautifull and pretty smooth (40ish frames per second) with everything on "high" and at 1680x1050, and I "only" have an nvidia 8800 GTS (512mb), 4 gigs of gaming RAM, and a dual core e6750 overclocked to 3.2ghz.

As soon as I load up a scenario where there's enemies or several friendly units, the frames come crawling to the 15-25 range =/

So that's just my personal observation, from every test I have run messing with the graphics options, the optimization issues and strain on my rig seem to be CPU oriented.

i too think that is CPU related

I just went from an 8800GTS 320MB OC to a 9800GTX+ 512 Superclocked edition and saw a small minimal increase in FPS ... when I run the game it seems the GPU is not even being used to its potential while my CPU (E7200 C2D running 3.17GHZ) is running from 88% to 95% load at all times

System Specs

Windows 7 RC

E7200 C2D Running at 3.17 GHZ

4 gig of 6400 ram

9800 GTX+ 512 Superclocked

1440 x 900

settings all over the place from low to high ... fps range in open with nothing going on around 35 - 45 ... buildings / trees hits 15 - 25 ... i would say average is 25 - 30

Hey Guys just wondering (i know its not the right place to ask) based on your experience will this computer be able to run ARMA II and maybe ofp2 and tell me what you think about my system

(Custom Built)

AMD Phenom II X4 9000 Quad Core Processor

Nvdia Quadro FX5800 with 4GB Dedicated Memory

16GB RAM

x2 Seagate 500GB Hardrives

Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit Edition

I don't know if your video card would work, I think that card is designed for 3d animation rather than games.

Download the demo,if it runs you should be fine to buy full game.

most likely it might come with a generic psu, so you will be needing to buy a new one from a reliable brand

It's an Antler brand computer they say.. probably crap?

It's an Antler brand computer they say.. probably crap?

never heard of antler so i don't know

What settings could i run ARMA with on these specs?

CPU: Intel core 2 Duo E7200 running @ 2.53 GHz

Ram: 2Gb

GPU:8800GS with 384 MB memory

What settings could i run ARMA with on these specs?

CPU: Intel core 2 Duo E7200 running @ 2.53 GHz

Ram: 2Gb

GPU:8800GS with 384 MB memory

Most low. AA disable , 3D Render 100%, Anisotropic Filtering disable, PostProcess Effects disable. View distance default.

But don't worry IMHO it still looks nice.

Most low. AA disable , 3D Render 100%, Anisotropic Filtering disable, PostProcess Effects disable. View distance default.

But don't worry IMHO it still looks nice.

I partially disagree. I think the 8800GS should be able to manage some stuff on medium, including AF. Object and terrain detail will probably need to be set on low though.

Hi

I got a quadro fx4600 768mb and arma2 runs nice on it on 1900x1200 on normal settings, viewdistance of 2500 meters.

So i am sure it will run even better on your card.

There are also some presets in your nvidia control panel.

Try setting them to "3d game development" or something simular.

I partially disagree. I think the 8800GS should be able to manage some stuff on medium, including AF. Object and terrain detail will probably need to be set on low though.

Well before I upgraded my GPU and CPU I had a similar rig. That worked well for me. It's a question between performance, looking well and personal choice. :)

Intel ® Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33 GHZ 2.34 GHZ

RAM: 4GB

32-bit operating system

Windows Vista

Nvidia G-Force 9800 GT

Samsung SyncMaster P2250 monitor think it's 22/24 inch

Been playing it on default settings but high resolution... it looks good but doesn't feel that good when enemies come on screen. They are kind of jumpy, horribly so online.

What settings and resolution should I play at with this computer?

so when my new pc gets here

AMD X2 7750 2.7ghz

4GB DDR2 800 Ram

HD4650 1GB

Antler (lol..) 400w psu

Windows XP

how will i play this baby ?