Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Hi,

I can certainly remember on ArmA: Combat Operations the NVIDIA 9800 GT and video cards like it that had major problems with the game and running it. Will ArmA 2 be compatible with these video cards? Please tell me there is a fix...

Thanks

Exactly what problems did you have with ArmA I? It runs great here on my nVidia 7950 512 MB @ 1280x960 very high/high settings.

That being said I wish I had a better GFX card for ArmA II. It runs it but it's starting to show it's age. After all it's close to minimum specification for ArmA II so...

/KC

Im running ArmA and ArmA II with a 9600GT and have yet to see any problems with either. Also ran ArmA with a 6800GT back in the day, asides from being quite slow, there was no issues with that either.

One of my video card drivers called "nvlddmkm" keeps crashing during the game which causes a black screen and "redirecting". Sometimes it evens crashes my video card itself and I had to manually restart.

It's not a uncommon problem, I just hope it is fixed in ArmA 2.

I have a 9800GT and I have to run everything on low settings, although my rig meets the recommended specs.

I can run crysis on high settings easily. Something not quite right I think.

Maybe do a re-install?

How do you download the Demo? I have downloaded the steam engine but when I download the demo it just keeps updating the steam engine... Wtf.

Tested the demo on my other pc :D

AMD3500+ Single core 2.2Ghz

AGP 7800gs 256bm

3gb DDR

Onboard sound

WinXp(x86)

Surprisingly, it actually runs. I can get 35fps sometimes but tress and buildings cripple it. This PC played Arma1 pretty respectably. Its amazing how much more of a beast Arma2 is. Things like buildings and trees just slaughter FPS on this old rig. I get average of 10FPS on the Benchmark :yay:

how do you see what FPS you gettin?

Well, then benchmark mission in the demo tells you average FPS at end of the mission. But you also use FRAPs to show FPS in most games :

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

--------

Up to average of 22FPS now on the old beast :D lol

AGP 7800gs 256bm

3gb DDR

Onboard sound

WinXp(x86)

looks ugly a sin though. :P Who dares to try and run on lower end hardware? :)

Edited by -=seany=-

ER lol

on CoD you use the console to tell you, is there not one on ARMA 2?

I not too keen on usin another program to do it, I didnt get the demo jus got the game, its the last time I buy a game from BI soon as it comes out, too much hassle.

I always wondered what was going on in the OFP games now I know it was bad bits in the game.

It seems I have to upgrade my computer after a 2 year pause. My current vital specs are:

C2D E6600 @3,2GHz

2GB DDR2 RAM

GeForce 8800GT 512MB

Windows XP 32bit

This runs the game at playable levels on 1280x1024 with most settings on normal and shadows and post processing turned off. However I would like to turn both shadows and textures to high with 1280x1024 - 1600x1200 resolution. Any idea if only a new graphics card would do the trick or should I invest more money?

I've been left out of the hardware loop lately :).

M8 get yourself a gtx285 or 4890 card you wont regret it well worth the upgrade, my brother got e6600oc 3ghz gtx285 1600res and the game runs awesome he scores about 4200-4300 on benchmark with texture on high, and no slowdown when flying jets, only odd occasion gets a stuttering.

Edited by ste4lth004

how do you see what FPS you gettin?

I don't know what vid card you have, but I use EVGA precision tool to show me the FPS and GPU temps.

Ok then here are my results

My current system spec

8800 ultra

Q6600 2.4/3.4

4GB DDR2

Windows vista 64bits / windows 7 64bits

1920x1200 settings on medium/high (combination of both)

With windows vista I can get 30 FPS (in the demo benchmark), at 1920x1200 settings at medium/high and the processor at 2.4, with the processor at 3.4 I can get 38FPS (demo benchmark). With windows 7 I get 34FPS with the processor at 2.4, and weirdly only 38FPS (demo benchmark) with the processor at 3.4, although I can definitely say that the game runs a lot smother in windows 7, while in windows vista it sometimes stutter, in windows 7 the stuttering is almost 0 to none.

For those that want to buy a graphic card to play this game the best card for the game is the 4890, and the best card (performance wise) is the sapphire 4890 toxic, my card will arrive next week so I will say how it runs then, also with some luck I might have a i7 920 with 6GB DDR3 to run the game to, since I'm thinking about sending this PC to my office.

What's that got to do with system specs?

Im running ArmA and ArmA II with a 9600GT and have yet to see any problems with either. Also ran ArmA with a 6800GT back in the day, asides from being quite slow, there was no issues with that either.

This is good news. The 9600GT is the only thing in my computer below the recommended. I hope it runs decent!

Windows 7 64-Bit

CPU:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600 Brisbane 2.9GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache

RAM:

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

GPU:

SPARKLE GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express

I don't know what vid card you have, but I use EVGA precision tool to show me the FPS and GPU temps.

I got an Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX+ 512mb

Windows 7 64-Bit

CPU:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600 Brisbane 2.9GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache

RAM:

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

GPU:

SPARKLE GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express

I have almost the exact spec, and it works fine at good quality + decent res.

I have almost the exact spec, and it works fine at good quality + decent res.

Thank you :D

For some reason i get low fps on the demo. My average Fps is 25 and gets lower in combat to 20. Here are my settings

Texture detail- very high

Video Memory- very high, btw wut does this do?

Anisotropic Filtering- normal

Antialiasing- Low, when i set it above low my fps drops alot

Terrain Detail- very high

Objects Detail- very high

Shadows- high

Postprocessing- high

Res- 1280-1024

Fillrate- 100%

view distance- 2054

My system specs

OS- Vista ultimate 64 bit SP2

precessor- Intel Core 2 extreme 6850

card- 8800 ultra

Mem- 4GB DDR2

Up to average of 22FPS now on the old beast :D lol

AGP 7800gs 256bm

3gb DDR

Onboard sound

WinXp(x86)

looks ugly a sin though. :P Who dares to try and run on lower end hardware? :)

I took a 50$ risk, bought a 2nd hand AGP 7900GS. Should arrive tomorrow. I hope it fits in my XCCUBE (and PSU will power it, guess so, i once had a 7600GT running). Anyway if all goes right i will have (don't laugh, it 6 years old):

P4 2.8Ghz (single core ... is there anything else??? lol:))

AGP 7900GS 512MB DDR(3 .. wow:))

2 GB RAM

M-Audio soundcard

(19" 1440x900 tft)

Seeing seany's specs there is hoping it actually will run ArmA2 (demo) because imo the P4 is below min specs.

Any thought's? Anyway, i'll see coming days. I'm just curious.

Edited by maxqubit

Greetings everyone!

I am really thinking about getting this gem of tactical games, however, I am not really sure that I would be able to run the game with an enjoyable performance.... :)

Currently, I have an ASUS F3KA notebook with an AMD Turion TL-60 processor (dual core 2.0 GHz), an ATi HD2600 512 MB graphics card and 3 gigs of RAM. Based on the minimum system requirements, I guess that this machine can run the game. What do you think? Will I be able to play ArmA2 enjoyably in... say, 1024X768, medium settings? If so, then I'm ordering the game right away. :)

Thanks in advance for your assistance... :)

Greetings everyone!

I am really thinking about getting this gem of tactical games, however, I am not really sure that I would be able to run the game with an enjoyable performance.... :)

Currently, I have an ASUS F3KA notebook with an AMD Turion TL-60 processor (dual core 2.0 GHz), an ATi HD2600 512 MB graphics card and 3 gigs of RAM. Based on the minimum system requirements, I guess that this machine can run the game. What do you think? Will I be able to play ArmA2 enjoyably in... say, 1024X768, medium settings? If so, then I'm ordering the game right away. :)

Most likely you'll need to set the ARMA 2 configuration to the very lowest settings. :(

Greetings everyone!

Honestly I have my doubts about the medium settings, anyway try the demo the performance is pretty much the same as the full game, so if you can run the demo well you can run the game as well.