Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Sorry, I misread your post and thought you were asking whether it would run. And yes, upgrading the video card would help. However, your CPU is also quite slow. Here are some CPU benchmarks with all of them using the HD4890 graphics card. Your Pentium D CPU would probably perform somewhere in between the bottom two... You might want to think about a CPU/Motherboard upgrade along with a new graphics card.

Have you tried the 1.02 patch?

hmm i just checked the cpu benchmarks and it seems the 6400+ is doing pretty bad 19 fps. Since the 6400+ is a 6000+ at 3.2ghz Stock, my one is OCed to 3.339ghz, i hope i could at least get 25-35fps on medium/high with my 4850 512mb. I played Crysis on Max details today, and wow i must say its still running pretty smooth at 23-25 fps where i got a 10fps drop from high settings.

do you think its possible to get 25-35 fps with my cpu?

Im guessing a few 100Hz OC will help you, also it still seems in doubt weather Sli cards are properly supported yet, when they are i guess youll be in a better boat than me :)

Hi, anyone here running arma 2 wit a 8800 gtx card? Hows it play? High,med,low. Rest of my specs below, thxs.

q6600 @3.ghz

4gig ram

asus p5e

vista 64 or xp 32

Hi everyone,

I'm considering building a gaming PC in a couple months, and I need some help with what to buy to play ArmA II on max settings without making the computer work too hard.

So far my budget would be around $1500. I don't know much about building a PC but I have a friend who can do it for me. So I just need to know how much the different parts are!

I have been told building a gaming PC can be pricey but is it possible to pull this off?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Scannerdarkly:

Spec I posted a few pages back for someone -

It depends on your budget. But if assuming I had a reasonably good budget, I'd go -

CPU: Phenom II X4 955.

Mobo: One of the Gigabyte AM3 boards, the UD5 model is meant to be very good, but I'm sure the cheapers one would probably do the job just as well.

RAM: 4GB DDR3 (OCZ brand is pretty cheap, but also high quality)

Graphics Card: 1GB Radeon HD4890

PSU: Corsair 550W

Hard Drive: Samsung F1 1TB

Case: Antec or Lian-Li make the best cases.

CD/DVD Drive: They're all the same, pick your poison.

You could probably get all that for a good deal less than $1,500. If you are in the US, Newegg is a good place to get parts.

Hi, anyone here running arma 2 wit a 8800 gtx card? Hows it play? High,med,low. Rest of my specs below, thxs.

q6600 @3.ghz

4gig ram

asus p5e

vista 64 or xp 32

Should run it fine. Probably at Medium-ish settings.

Hi guys, got Arma 2 through the post today, desperately hoping that my system would be able to cope with it...unfortunately not. At least not well enough for me to enjoy it.

Here's what I've got:

Intel Core 6600 2CPU @ 2.40GHz

2GB RAM

2x NVIDIA Geforce 7950GX2 512mb

Windows XP

What's my best bet to increase performance? I know my GFX card is a bit lame, are there any suggestions for decent ones that aren't too expensive? I'm not looking to max out the settings just have it running nicely on medium/high.

Cheers

I'd take a look around the forums at some of the SLI fixes (considering you have a dual GPU card). If that doesnt do much, I'd check out the Radeon HD4890 1GB. Rest of your machine looks good.

Edited by echo1

I dont believe that you have to spend 1500$ to play ARMAII.

Im about to spend 700-800$ and I think that this rig would be good enough to play with high details with no problems.

Have to mention that I dont need a monitor for the new rig so no need to spend money on it.

Hi everyone,

I'm considering building a gaming PC in a couple months, and I need some help with what to buy to play ArmA II on max settings without making the computer work too hard.

So far my budget would be around $1500. I don't know much about building a PC but I have a friend who can do it for me. So I just need to know how much the different parts are!

I have been told building a gaming PC can be pricey but is it possible to pull this off?

Thanks in advance for the help!

1500.00 is a great budget. do you need a kb/m monitor and harddrive or can you use your current ones?

anyway, go to newegg.com and pick up an intel i7 processor and motherboard. 4-8gb of ram. an Ati 4890 1gb graphics card, windows vista 64 bit.

if you need to pick up a500gb or 1tb harddrive, and a 22 inch lcd monitor.

you will also need a case and a power supply( go for 600 watts). and a dvd drive, i recommend the blu ray burner from Lg, cheap and excellent quality.

sorry i didnt get links im on my ipod. but all of that is available at newegg.com and will cost you under 1500.00.

it will also make any game on the market look and run great.

I'm currently in the process of upgrading my PC for ArmAII. All I need is a new CPU so I've got my eyes set on an AMD Phenom II X4 940, 3.0ghz socket AM2+.

As far as the motherboard is concerned, I'd like one that can run that, along with my 8800GT (512MB) and 2GB of DDR2 RAM, preferably for around £40.

I'm looking at a Gigabyte GA-M52L-S3P, so if someone could confirm that this will be a working combination (or suggest an alternative for a similar price) it would be much appreciated. :bounce3:

Edited by Teliko

windows vista 64 bit.

Oh, that's something I forgot to mention. Run the Windows 7 RC on it. Don't bother buying Vista considering that it's going to be replaced so soon (and not a minute too soon...)

If I buy a new pc it will have

Pentium Dual Core E5200 2.5Ghz

Club 3D 9600GT 512mb

3GB Ram

how will i play ArmA2 on 1152/864

Not all that well. I'd save up until you could afford a better machine. No point on blowing your money on something that can't do the job.

how bout this rig ? should be playable at medium/high setting i beleave ?

C2D e6600 @ 3.5 ghz

4gigs ocz reaper hp 1066

evga gtx 260 core 216 supersuperclocked 675/1450/1150 (896 mb version)

Oh, that's something I forgot to mention. Run the Windows 7 RC on it. Don't bother buying Vista considering that it's going to be replaced so soon (and not a minute too soon...)

Thanks for the reply! I have a monitor and a good set of speakers but I have nothing salvageable from my old tower because it was completely destroyed from a flood in the basement.

Luckily I still have a decent monitor and a good set of 5.1 speakers.

I will check out newegg I really just want the new pc for this game and to be able to play my Battlefield games! Windows 7 looks promising I have never used vista my last pc was XP.

Thanks for the info!

This pc gaming is doing my head in....seems that me dell xps 400 is not good for upgrading cpu or mobo.

"I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue"

what should i upgrade then?

is a AMD X2 7750 2.7ghz

HD4850

3gb ram a better pc?

Hello :]

These are my specs, how do you think they will run with arma 2 and what settings do you think I could run at?

Windows xp

Intel pentium D CPU 3.40ghz

1gb of ram (Getting 2gb in a week)

Nvidia Geforce 8600gt 256mb

Keep in mind, I can run Arma 1 at Medium/High in a battle at 25-30fps and thats with 1gb of ram (Getting 2gb in a week).

Thanks

1500.00 is a great budget. do you need a kb/m monitor and harddrive or can you use your current ones?

anyway, go to newegg.com and pick up an intel i7 processor and motherboard. 4-8gb of ram. an Ati 4890 1gb graphics card, windows vista 64 bit.

if you need to pick up a500gb or 1tb harddrive, and a 22 inch lcd monitor.

you will also need a case and a power supply( go for 600 watts). and a dvd drive, i recommend the blu ray burner from Lg, cheap and excellent quality.

sorry i didnt get links im on my ipod. but all of that is available at newegg.com and will cost you under 1500.00.

it will also make any game on the market look and run great.

Awesome, thank you I'm gunna check these out now!

what should i upgrade then?

is a AMD X2 7750 2.7ghz

HD4850

3gb ram a better pc?

Not sure if the Athlon X2 is all that good. HD4850 is alright, not the best. What about a Phenom II X3 and a HD4870/4890?

Hi guys, wondering how ArmA2 will fare on my laptop as I'm going away for the summer and won't be using my main PC.

9800M GTS 512mb (2.2gb of shared memory)

4GB RAM

2.53ghz C2D P9500

Windows 7 RC

Widescreen res, prepared to drop down to whatever.

Cheers.

Not sure if the Athlon X2 is all that good. HD4850 is alright, not the best. What about a Phenom II X3 and a HD4870/4890?

nope too much money but with the E5200 and 9600gt to play games with 1024/768 resolution... not good? ArmA 2 is fine on medium 25fps btw

Hello :]

These are my specs, how do you think they will run with arma 2 and what settings do you think I could run at?

Windows xp

Intel pentium D CPU 3.40ghz

1gb of ram (Getting 2gb in a week)

Nvidia Geforce 8600gt 256mb

Keep in mind, I can run Arma 1 at Medium/High in a battle at 25-30fps and thats with 1gb of ram (Getting 2gb in a week).

Thanks

Sorry mate not being rude or offensive (well hope not), I wouldnt even bother with this game and that hardware unless you are happy with super low resolution and detail. Just enjoy Arma 1 and revist arma 2 when it becomes a little more mature or you get a better pc

Check out the german review site that compared 18 processors and 10 odd GPUs.. Really in your shoes if you want to have any enjoyable experience buy some second hand parts, say c2d, 4gb ram and something at least higher then 8800GT and expect to play decent FPS @ normal/low 1280x1024.

Edited by FraG_AU

Have been playing Arma 2 for about 5 days now, couldnt wait for my hard copy so DL`ed it from Germany. I also ordered new pc couple of days ago, so looking forward to see the diffrence in graphics.

Current rigg:

Intel 4 @ 3,6 ghz

2GB DDR2 ram

X1950XTX GPU (very old card)

WIN XP Servicepack 3

Runs smooth actualy :)

Dont remember all the setting(im at work).

Filrate 100%

View distance 2000

Most settings on normal

Some on low

Res at 1024 x768

Looks decent to me, and very playable.

The Rig im getting:

i7-920 @ 3.6

HD4890

6GB DDR3 Ram

Win 7

Looking forward to the uppgrade :)

This post however is to show that u can run Arma 2 with not the newest GPU`s CPU`s.

I have not heard of others using X1950XTX (or worse) so just wanted to share :)

Hey Guys.

What settings do you think i could run Arma II on?

ATI 4870 512MB

4Gb RAM

Q6600 Quad Core Processor

Vista 64

Vista rating of 5.6.

THX for any help. :D

Actually it's only bellow recommended, and my psu can really let it work(that really makes a difference)

Unless your 650W PSU is really low quality, it should be more than enough to handle a much better card. Considering that people have performance problems with systems that almost meet recommended requirements, Im not sure something that is below requiements will run it well at all, even on low settings.

ATI 4870 512MB

4Gb RAM

Q6600 Quad Core Processor

Vista 64

Vista rating of 5.6.

It will run it fine.

Have been playing Arma 2 for about 5 days now, couldnt wait for my hard copy so DL`ed it from Germany. I also ordered new pc couple of days ago, so looking forward to see the diffrence in graphics.

Current rigg:

Intel 4 @ 3,6 ghz

2GB DDR2 ram

X1950XTX GPU (very old card)

WIN XP Servicepack 3

Runs smooth actualy :)

Dont remember all the setting(im at work).

Filrate 100%

View distance 2000

Most settings on normal

Some on low

Res at 1024 x768

Do you mean A Intel Pentium 4 ?