Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Going on my current specs..

CPU: Core 2 Duo E6750

Ram: 4GB Dominator DDR2

GPU: 8800GTS 640MB

Would upgrading my graphics card make the game run better? Or is it cpu intensive?

I was looking at this card.

I've just got a job so I have decided to invest in a new computer :P :

AMD Phenom II x4 940 black edition 3.00ghz

XFX Radeon HD4870 1024mb

4 Gigs corsair RAM

Coolermaster 690 ATX tower

BENQ 20 inch lcd screen

Do you think I'll be able to run ArmA II on high settings with an acceptable fps?

Edited by Siddern

Going on my current specs..

CPU: Core 2 Duo E6750

Ram: 4GB Dominator DDR2

GPU: 8800GTS 640MB

Would upgrading my graphics card make the game run better? Or is it cpu intensive?

I was looking at this card.

got simliar kit myself only I clocked GPU and CPU 3.4 . I'm certain ram will be fine but wondering if I should upgrade CPU or GPU. Could even SLI another 8800 GTS if it would be worth it

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if i would get decent playable FPS on this system.

ASUS M51SN-C1 Laptop

Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 2.0 GHZ

3GB DDR2

NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS 512MB

Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Thanks for your help!

don't play on laptop. it's sadly, a bloody expensive fail ...

Well unfortunately it's the only computer i have at the moment, and would appreciate actual feedback not just criticism. Does anyone think my laptop would be handle to get a decent fps on these specfications?

:)I do think so, If you can on low. but why don't you try the demo when its out?

Well unfortunately it's the only computer i have at the moment, and would appreciate actual feedback not just criticism. Does anyone think my laptop would be handle to get a decent fps on these specfications?

Overall it's not that bad a laptop, but I don't think that 9500GS is gonna cut it for Arma2, mate. You may get fairly decent FPS on very low settings, but you might have to lower the fillrate, which would really suck as it makes the game look blurry and ugly. :(

You should definitely try the demo when it's out, just to be sure.

Overall it's not that bad a laptop, but I don't think that 9500GS is gonna cut it for Arma2, mate. You may get fairly decent FPS on very low settings, but you might have to lower the fillrate, which would really suck as it makes the game look blurry and ugly. :(

You should definitely try the demo when it's out, just to be sure.

Thanks for you answer when is the demo coming out for NA?

Some time next week.

My ARMA I can't run on my Windows Se7en...

Can ArmaII run on this OS ?

thx

There's a lot of people running ArmA I happily on W7 (myself included) and ArmA II reportedly funcitons properly. I'd say that the problem is with something else other than Windows 7. What sort of computer do you have?

I am thinking about these components for my new computer.

XFX HD4870x2

Intel Core i7 920

Asus P6T X58 chipset

Or XFX GTX 285

Intel Core i7 920

Asus P6T X58 chipset

And in which set i need a more powerfull powersupply, In the store they said 600W is enough for the lower build. Thx for answers.

I am thinking about these components for my new computer.

XFX HD4870x2

Intel Core i7 920

Asus P6T X58 chipset

Or XFX GTX 285

Intel Core i7 920

Asus P6T X58 chipset

And in which set i need a more powerfull powersupply, In the store they said 600W is enough for the lower build. Thx for answers.

Wouldn't bother with either. Get a HD4890.

There's a lot of debate about whether there's any point in getting a Core i7, as the LGA1366 motherboards are going to be relegated to high-end workstation CPUs later this year, and Intel will introduce a new socket later this year. You may be better off with a Phenom II x4 955. But if money isn't an issue, and you don't mind having to replace your motherboard when the next time you replace the CPU, the Core i7 is the fastest CPU going. I'd save some money and get the Gigabyte EX58-UD5.

Anyone tell me if my specs are gonna be good for ARMA 2?

E6750 @ 3.2ghz

4Gb OCZ 1066 RAM

GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked 650/1400/1070

24 Inch Acer Monitor

Was thinking of upgrading to a Q9550, but is it gonna be worth it?

Looks pretty good. Wouldn't bother with upgrading the CPU, the Q9550 probably wouldnt run it much quicker than what you have got now.

Does anyone know when the demo is coming out, I hear possibly next Monday or Tues?

It's never coming out. Furthermore, the US/Euro release has been canceled, and BIS have dispatched this man to Germany to retrieve all the copies that have been sold there...

:whistle:

Seriously, there's a reason why the demo thread has been closed - no one knows for sure. It will be out when it's out. And what has this got to do with system specs?

Looks pretty good. Wouldn't bother with upgrading the CPU, the Q9550 probably wouldnt run it much quicker than what you have got now.

Thanks. So my CPU will not be bottlenecking my GTX 260?

And i just noticed your system specs in your sig... lol thats a joke right? :P

hey guys im wondering if i should switch from windows xp 32bit to windows 7 64bit i hear that arma 2 has better performance overall on windows 7. Also i wanna get directx 10 and 11 to run for games like crysis. Should i? and does window 7 run arma 2 better compared to all other operating systems?

Thanks. So my CPU will not be bottlenecking my GTX 260?

And i just noticed your system specs in your sig... lol thats a joke right? :P

I very much doubt it, ArmA 2 doesn't make proper use of quad cores (there was a thread around here somewhere where it was proven quite conclusively.)

And no, it's not a joke. You haven't lived until you've Chernarus in black-and-green.

:whistle:

hey guys im wondering if i should switch from windows xp 32bit to windows 7 64bit i hear that arma 2 has better performance overall on windows 7. Also i wanna get directx 10 and 11 to run for games like crysis. Should i? and does window 7 run arma 2 better compared to all other operating systems?

I have yet to run ArmA II, but Windows 7 runs ArmA I, and all my other games (including but not limited to GTA4, MTW2, Fallout 3 etc etc) very smoothly. I'm not sure how it compares FPS-wise against XP as I switched over after I upgraded my PC at Christmas. But leaving games aside, it's a more snappy and reliable OS than XP, so it's worth it on that basis alone.

Edited by echo1

AMD X2 7750 Dual Core Black Edition 2.7GHz

XFX Radeon HD 4850 1GB

2GB DDR2 RAM 800MHz

Windows XP Pro 32bit

Native resolution 1440x900

k should i get the 64bit or 32bit windows 7? i heard that 64bit has problems with drivers but it runs 10% faster than 32bit and it recognizes more than 3gb of ram? and i got 4gb of ram.

k should i get the 64bit or 32bit windows 7? i heard that 64bit has problems with drivers but it runs 10% faster than 32bit and it recognizes more than 3gb of ram? and i got 4gb of ram.

If you have a 64 bit CPU and 4GB ram then get the 64bit version.

No issues whatsoever with the 64bit version of the Windows 7RC on my end, except the obvious bit about certain "old" software and or devices not working.

Some time next week.

There's a lot of people running ArmA I happily on W7 (myself included) and ArmA II reportedly funcitons properly. I'd say that the problem is with something else other than Windows 7. What sort of computer do you have?

I7 920

asus p6t

ati radeon 4870 1gb vapor-x

Problems with drivers is an idea that people have about 64bit OSes because of the problems with the initial 64bit Windows and early 64 bit Linux releases. Nowadays, there are little to no driver issues except with some very old hardware. There's no real reason to have 32bit anymore, especially if you have more than 3GB of RAM.