Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Hm..can someone tell me how i can see frame rate in game?

I dont want to be misunderstood-it is slow, but not so slow i´ve thought before.

Will this run on my curve 8900? I'd hate to get an Iphone just for Arma2...

the hell are you talking about? :D

Hm..can someone tell me how i can see frame rate in game?

I dont want to be misunderstood-it is slow, but not so slow i´ve thought before.

Get Fraps. It will show you your framerate in-game. Also, you can record videos with it if you want. :)

Im wondering Will my Specs Run Arma 2 with out it looking like a snes game and running like a one legged marathon runner

My specs

Processor- AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core processor 4200+

Memory- 2048mb Ram

Graphics- Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS 256.0 MB

And im on Xp

No. The graphics card is far too slow. You could get away with upgrading the graphics card, as the CPU is acceptable enough.

Get Fraps. It will show you your framerate in-game. Also, you can record videos with it if you want. :)

I will do so.:cool:

If google is correct that a Curve 8900 is a phone, then no, it certainly, definitely, most assuredly won't. It's for PC, not phones. :p

the hell are you talking about?
If google is correct that a Curve 8900 is a phone, then no, it certainly, definitely, most assuredly won't. It's for PC, not phones. :p

Obvious troll is obvious.

No. The graphics card is far too slow. You could get away with upgrading the graphics card, as the CPU is acceptable enough.

Well could i run it at Medium low settings at least the jist of it is will it even run or will it Just go error and implode sending hot shrapnel round the room

No, when I said it's too slow to run the game, I mean it's well below the minimum requirement for the game. You'd be lucky to get 1-2 FPS out of it...

War_Machine, buying a pre-made PC usually costs 2X of what it should. You can look up some shops in your area that will build a PC for you given the list of parts. Of course you need to figure out which parts you actually want to buy - for that you'll have to read most of this thread, the armaII mark thread and maybe some more, and also look up on Google for hardware comparisons (say you can't choose between 4870 to 4890, you search "4870 vs 4890" and you'll probably find a couple benchmarks comparing their performance).

Hi all! I just bought a ATI 48901gb graphics card, but can´t run arma 1 (demo) version to test it´s performance, cause everything goes black!

What is wrong? Please say that it´s not my new graphics card, and please say I will be able to play arma2!

//Jocke!

Does it do it with other games, or just ArmA?

It doesn´t do it with americas army at least.

Americas Army 3 is released tonight, will try it with that then.

So it´s actually Arma it´s wrong with? Not my Graphics card?

It's a bug with the earlier versions of ArmA. It was not compatible with unified architecture cards. In other words, anything higher than the 3xxx series ATI cards or the 7xxx series nVIDIA cards. That's why it goes black.

Not with the normal ArmA demo, no. Though your card will run ArmA very well. However, it will not run ArmA II as well. It will still run it above-average, but not as well as it would run ArmA. Using ArmA to gauge what your performance will be like in ArmA II isn't practical.

Doh... known bug as per Zipper5 reply when I was posting

Edited by FishCake

What? Are you saying it won´t run arma 2 good? Or are you saying that it won´t run arma 2 as good as arma?

I wasn´t going to see how well arma 2 runs on my computer, when I was going to test with arma, I was going to see how good it performed compared to my card I had before.

Your card will run ArmA very well. It will run it at full settings no sweat. However, ArmA II is more demanding than ArmA, especially in the field of graphics. You cannot expect the same performance in ArmA II as you would have in ArmA.

And ok, I misunderstood what you wanted to use it for. My bad. However, you will not be able to run the ArmA demo. Only way you could try it with that card is to buy the game itself.

What? Are you saying it won´t run arma 2 good? Or are you saying that it won´t run arma 2 as good as arma?

The latter. The HD4890 is probably the best card you can get for ArmA II.

Edited by echo1

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if i would get decent playable FPS on this system.

ASUS M51SN-C1 Laptop

Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 2.0 GHZ

3GB DDR2

NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS 512MB

Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Thanks for your help!

don't play on laptop. it's sadly, a bloody expensive fail ...

Will my system be able to run ARMA 2 fairly well at high-ish settings?

E6750 @ 3.3Ghz

4Gb DDR2 OCZ Blade 1066Mhz

EVGA Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked (650/1400/1065)

Windows XP 32 bit

24inch Acer 1080p monitor

Could anyone who has played the game comment on my specs above?

I am thinking of upgrading to a Q9550 but dont know if its worth it.

I've seen "gaming laptop" that's somewhat under the minimum requirements for this game costing ~2500$.