Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

With an attitude like that you don't deserve an answer.

Stay on topic placebo

odd i had a clan member playing with a 8800GTS 768MB PCI-E

No such thing as the 768MB 8800GTS. The only card which came in that capacity was the 8800GTX which was a much faster card. Alternatively, maybe you mean the 8800GTS 512MB, which was the predecessor of the 9800GTX, again, a faster card than the 8800GTS 320MB.

I was just wondering will this run Arma 2 with maxed settings at 30 fps

Windows vista 64 bit

4Gb ram

8800 Ultra

Intel Core 2 extreme Q6850 3 GHz

1280x1024 res

yea i know that already lol
odd i had a clan member playing with a 8800GTS 768MB PCI-E and he ran the game on high at 25-30fps. Whether as i have another mate who has the same card but 320MB of memory and he has to run the game on low-med

^^ im not sure what your missing, if you knew already why did you post about it lol ?

1) so he ran the game on high with 768mb ram onboard his card..

2) your mate had same card with 320mb onboard card ram and has to run the game on low-med settings

^^ self evident then that yes he would have to run it on low-med, sort of makes sense right :D

Or were you just posting like you were thinking outloud lol and hit the submit button by mistake :p

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

Windows vista 64 bit

4Gb ram

8800 Ultra

Quite possibly and max isnt everything :D and should prob do the trick for most part eventually when game is patched up a bit anyhow..

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

Stay on topic placebo

If you were my kid id smack your ass with a nail filled baseball bat.

What are you 10? rude fracker.

Windows vista 64 bit

4Gb ram

8800 Ultra

I don't know about if it will run max (due to the GFX), but I'm fairly curtain it's in the 'high to max' region. I wouldn't worry though, so far everything I've seen looks nice even on medium. :)

thx for the replies jw if i were to get a new video card would it be worth it upgrade to the lowest 200 series graphics cards cause i dont want to spend 500+ on the 295

odd i had a clan member playing with a 8800GTS 768MB PCI-E and he ran the game on high at 25-30fps. Whether as i have another mate who has the same card but 320MB of memory and he has to run the game on low-med

Yeah texture memory would limit the 320's capacity in this game.

thx for the replies jw if i were to get a new video card would it be worth it upgrade to the lowest 200 series graphics cards cause i dont want to spend 500+ on the 295

how low though is your low? :D

260 card is dont forget a smaller nM 9800 gtx I believe.. better all around but still a 9800 none the less if i recall..

If you were my kid id smack your ass with a nail filled baseball bat.

What are you 10? rude fracker.

You know what, I'm pretty tired of dealing with this stuff just to figure out the ranking of a card. So I'm going to be going to a different forum that is more logicaly set up. I believe that the most important topic of a game (hardware and running it) should not be compacted into a single thread.

I'm sure BI Studio wouldn't appreciate this kind of alienation on their forum.

-1 sales for arma2... bye

I'd suggest getting the game before considering buying a new GFX card. It might turn out to work perfectly on maximum settings.

Hello,

I'm going to buy an new PC.What specs i should get for running this game on the hightest settings with a good FPS,and how it will cost?

Thx.

Sorry for my bad english

Hi Guys,

My apologies, i was sure but i posted this in the off-topic section but maybe it should have been here..I am finally breaking down i am buying a new computer. I want to run Arma 2 at its highest possible settings when possible. That said here is what i plan to buy from Newegg:

(My first at building my own but I a comfortable with it. I’m tired of paying Dell for a lesser machine)

- Apevia X-Telstar-AL Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer

- Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000hlfs 300GB 10000 RPM SATA 3.0 Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM

- EVGA 017-P3-1294-AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI

- Corsair CMPSU-1000HX 1000W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified

- Corsair XMS3 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model ASUS

- P6T SE LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard

- Intel Core i7-975 Extreme Edition Bloomfield 3.33GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601975

- Pioneer Black 8X Blu-Ray DVD Burner w/ Software SATA Model BDR-203BKS

The price is a bit high but I want this to last me a few years plus I hope I can have the flexibility to upgrade with this computer (i.e., video card, cpu etc...)

Many thanks for your thoughts,

RedLion

Hello,

I'm going to buy an new PC.What specs i should get for running this game on the hightest settings with a good FPS,and how it will cost?

Thx.

Sorry for my bad english

I would like to help you but there is nothing official on the ranking of graphics cards or pc specs. However, I believe a powerful single gpu card such as the HD 4890 or the GTX 275 will be your best bet graphics card wise. I also believe that a Fast dual or quad core processor in the 2.8 - 3.0ghz stock range would be a good processor. Dual gpu's, sli, and crossfire are currently unreliable setups for arma2.

I'd suggest getting the game before considering buying a new GFX card. It might turn out to work perfectly on maximum settings.

thx i think I'm going to do that instead

With an attitude like that you don't deserve an answer.

You better answer him pal otherwise theres gonna be e-trouble!

I have the 4890, its a great card for most people, but it also falls back on the rest of your rig. I got a 6000+ amd dual core and i get mediocre frames with everything on medium. I put it down to optimisation and bottlenecking from my CPU.

for the german community: just get onme from this company:

Gamers Dream

You can get the most powerful PC and spend a lot of money.

I didn't buy one of these. :cool:

I just ordered a new one, not only because ArmA2 is out but also because my current PC is really outdated.

I ordered:

-Intel core i7 920

-6 GB RAM

-1 TB HDD

-XFX GTX 285 Black Edition R

-22' SyncMaster T220

If that system wouldn't run Arma" properly I will go to Tetris...

Edited by Clausewitz

So if i buy :

Intel core duo E8500

ATI HD 4980

DDR3 2GO

I should be able to play on very high without lag?

Now my current spec is :

AMD athlon 64 3400+

ATI X850

DDR1 3GO

Win XP

Hahahaha

Edited by Damagerix

ATI HD 4980

This is looking like the best card for ArmA2 so far? So I'll ask the same question as him.

Will I be able to max out or be near maxing out with this computer?

CPU : AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Black Edition

GPU : MSI 8800GT (Slightly Overclocked)

RAM : 2 gigs of Kingston DDR2 1066

MOBO : MSI K9A2 Platnium AMD 790FX

So if i buy :

Intel core duo E8500

ATI HD 4980

DDR3 2GO

I should be able to play on very high without lag?

Not entirely sure, but you'll be getting the most frames compared to a lot of people. People with OC core i7 will probably be able to beat you though.

Be aware there is currently no machine that can play arma2 maxed out and get 60-70 frames average. Which 60 and above is maximum smoothness.

I am currently trying to build a ranking of graphics cards for arma2.

I am currently trying to build a ranking of graphics cards for arma2.

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,685770/Armed-Assault-2-Graphics-card-benchmarks-and-visual-quality-compared/Practice/

Terrible scores because of ridiculous fillrate settings, but still acts as a ranking.

I thought you were going to leave after your tantrum on the previous pages.

Edited by Maddmatt

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,685770/Armed-Assault-2-Graphics-card-benchmarks-and-visual-quality-compared/Practice/

Terrible scores because of ridiculous fillrate settings, but still acts as a ranking.

I thought you were going to leave after your tantrum on the previous pages.

I'm not leaving the forum, i'm simply taking that matter to a different one. As for buying arma2, i'm probably not tell I have a ranking of graphics cards. I'm not sure why you would consider that a tantrum, as I feel pretty reserved emotionally right now.

About the tests, I remember reading that ohara believes those benchmarks to be flawed and unreliable, so I will not use them.

Anyone know how good I can run this game with an Nvidia 9400 GT (overclocked to 630 mghrz). And in different areas (urban, country, etc.) and Im sure the lighting will need to be tuned down for 9400.

Look like the HD 4980/1G is the best graphic card for ArmA 2,so i'm going to buy it.But the processor Intel Dual core E8600 is good?

How does the 4870x2 play with ArmA 2 ? and is it worth getting over the 4890?

or how about even a GTX295?

What I want to do is to upgrade my PC just to play ArmA2 at high settings, would just like to know peoples opinions / knowledge.

How does this setup sound?

Intel quad core I7 - 950

Corsair 6 GB Kit (1600MHZ)

Soundblaster XFI Fatality Champion

Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME

Edited by Oneil