Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

you tried on both map ?

Chernaus is one hell of a resource hog

Here is my system specs. I get glorious graphics, at places absolutely photorealistic with fairly playabe framerate.

screen resolution: 1280x1024

textures: hormal

terain: normal

everything else is on high, plus 200% visual fillrate (I think it's the new term for anti-alliasing :) )

WinXP 64bit Pro

cpu: Intel Core2Duo 2.13ghz

ram: 6gb DDR2 800 RAM

vcard: Diamond Radeon 4890 OC 1gb GDDR5

motherboard: Asus P5Q pro

I believe BIS is recommending a Core2Quad @ 3.0ghz since ArmA2 tends to use more CPU resources. But my Radeon 1gb video card really makes the difference. I'd personally recommend to stay away from nVidia cards for A2 - nVidia cards add insane amount of bloom and oversaturation where it's not really needed. As a result the game is rendered unrealistically dark, overcolored and blurry.

Edited by sluggCDN

is ArmA 2 more dependable on CPU or GFX card?

From the various posts around, it seems like both make a big difference.

guess my ati HD 3870 512 MB isnt enough to play it on high? will perform on medium i think

I dont want this to sound like blasphemy on here, but having only played OFP - is ARMA 1 worth getting until patches have improved ARMA2 ?. How performance of a patched ARMA1 ? on a modern rig - I7920+good card.

dampishdragon and anyone else who needs a new videocard and that alone to be able to play some ARMA2, get yourselves an ATI 4890, word is that there will be a pricedrop on them fairly soon. If you have the patience to wait for that eventual drop in cost that is.

Just wondering if my setup is going to run Arma 2 well...

I'm running XP 32 bit

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6400+ 3.21 ghz

RAM: 2 Gig

Video Card: Nvidia 8800 GTX

Is my system going to get good performance out of Arma 2?

I dont want this to sound like blasphemy on here, but having only played OFP - is ARMA 1 worth getting until patches have improved ARMA2 ?. How performance of a patched ARMA1 ? on a modern rig - I7920+good card.

If you haven't gotten Arma1 yet don't even bother. Compared to ArmA2, ArmA1 seemed like a short-lived, but violent nightmare. Trust me you won't miss much if you skip it straight into ArmA2. ArmA2 is actually a very very good game - BIS exceeded my expectations since I was very cynical after the ArmA1 flop. I've been playing OFP since the day-one until now and am a big fan of the OFP-ArmA game-title.

Hey guys, im wondering how well my computer will run ArmA 2...

Mostly graphics is what im worried about

My specs:

Windows XP 32bit

3 GB RAM

2.8ghz Intel Pentium D (should be dual core)

nvidia 9800 gtx+ (oc'ed)

@TexasJR

ArmAIIMark test:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850, 3.0 GHz

3.00 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (182.50 drivers)

Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit

German version.

Patch 1.01

No mods or tricks (no blurr, maxmem etc.)

Graphics settings only set in option menu.

1680*1050

Texture Detail - Normal

Anisotropic Filtering - Normal

Terrain Detail - Normal

Objects Detail - Normal

Shadow Detail - Normal

PostProcess Effects- Low

Score: 2536

Pretty much like I expected... playable :)

Laggy

Hope that helps.

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

really getting interested in this game

but

P4 HT 3.0ghz

9600gt

2GB Ram

how will i play ArmA2?

Don't know if your CPU is dual, but if not... I would say :(

My C2D 3.0 GHz is my bottleneck.

Future patches might help though... maybe... but a multi core seems very necessary.

Hey guys, im wondering how well my computer will run ArmA 2...

Mostly graphics is what im worried about

My specs:

Windows XP 32bit

3 GB RAM

2.8ghz Intel Pentium D (should be dual core)

nvidia 9800 gtx+ (oc'ed)

I'm running it through bootcamp on my macbook pro

Windows XP

4GB Ram

2.8 GHZ

NVIDIA 9800GTX 512

I'm still playing around with settings, but with everything on "normal" (still getting use to the german language) I'm getting 40-50+ frame rates. I'm trying to optimize everything though, it'll be a trial and error system until they release a potential frame rate mod.

Looking forward to seeing the difference in how Arma II runs on my brothers and my PC's. His is a corei7 with a 260 or 280 gtx and about 12 gb of ddr3 ram, mine's a lumbering old core2duo 2.3ghz with a 8800 gts OC and 2gb ddr2. I know his is going to smoke mine, but I'll be interested to see first hand how well it runs it in comparison. :cool:

*edit* Also realised i should say he'll be running Vista and I run XP Pro.

Edited by r3volution

Thanks laggy, yes that helps

I'm running it through bootcamp on my macbook pro

Windows XP

4GB Ram

2.8 GHZ

NVIDIA 9800GTX 512

I'm still playing around with settings, but with everything on "normal" (still getting use to the german language) I'm getting 40-50+ frame rates. I'm trying to optimize everything though, it'll be a trial and error system until they release a potential frame rate mod.

What resolution are you running ArmA 2 on? I run pretty much everything on 1024x768. Will that make a difference?

Hey guys, can I run Arma2?

System specifications for my laptop :

Windows Vista Home Premium

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz

3,00 GB RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650(512 MB)

I could play Arma decently on normal graphic settings and i can play other fairly new games decently with some things like shadows and water detail lowered.

Also if Arma2 would work, or not, would you guys suggest overclocking?

Hey guys, can I run Arma2?

System specifications for my laptop :

Windows Vista Home Premium

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz

3,00 GB RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650(512 MB)

I could play Arma decently on normal graphic settings and i can play other fairly new games decently with some things like shadows and water detail lowered.

Also if Arma2 would work, or not, would you guys suggest overclocking?

you will need a new card 3650 was'nt meant for gaming, i had a 3850 and i sold i traded it in and also paid another extra $155 NZD for a 4850 512MB PCI-E

ArmAIIMark test:

Is a 2500 arma mark test good?

Depends on how you define "good" ;)

I got score 2536 and I consider my ArmAII to be "playable" but far from perfect. Some people would probably disagree with me and say it really sucks.

Also remember that ArmAII will most likely run better and better after each patch (ArmA1 did) and my system is above recommended specs. I have faith :p

What i found with A1 with my system was to put everything on high but have a low rez then change the screen format to wide screen to pull all back into shape., that way i got a framerate in the 50's most of the time and semi descent graphics. not sure if it will work on A2 or not.

Edited by ZiggyJinx

BIS, please, give official explanation about the system requirements and about plans of development ARMA2 engine.

The suspense is killing. :(

What do you mean about the development? The game has been released already. And the System specs are easy to find.

Edited by echo1

Yeah I found that one a bit confusing as well :)

you will need a new card 3650 was'nt meant for gaming, i had a 3850 and i sold i traded it in and also paid another extra $155 NZD for a 4850 512MB PCI-E

But can i like, run it at all?

I really don't need everyting on high settings.

@TexasJR

ArmAIIMark test:

Hope that helps.

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Don't know if your CPU is dual, but if not... I would say :(

My C2D 3.0 GHz is my bottleneck.

Future patches might help though... maybe... but a multi core seems very necessary.

It's not a "dual core" but it has 2 cpu's cause its hyperthreading.. but yeah its a pentium 4.

What do you mean about the development? The game has been released already. And the System specs are easy to find.

I think he knows it, but the system specs needed for this game to play in "high/very high" don`t conform with the system specs BIS announced. So I agree that it would be very nice to get any new information whether the next patch will handle it, so that I can play it with best graphics on my Phenom 940 with gtx 275 on 1280x1024 (which I don`t possess until now)