Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

I'm playing with this machine:

Geforce 9800GT 512mb.

C2D E6600 2.4Ghz

2GB DDR2 RAM.

And I have almost every setting on low or very low.

Im sick of it, how can this be?

I played ArmA1 on very high, and now suddenly ArmA2 looks WORSE than the first one.

Also the framerate is around 40-30ish, but I experience really bad mouselag inside forests and such. Any thoughts about this?

And last but not least, Im thinking of OCing my C2D to 3.0Ghz, will this make difference?

Do I need to buy new fans for this?

Have you tried forcing VSync off in the NVidia control panel?

Have you tried forcing VSync off in the NVidia control panel?

Yes I have, and I have tweaked everything else in the Nvidia CP.

Yes I have, and I have tweaked everything else in the Nvidia CP.

Hmmm. What's your fillrate and view distance set on? Also, have you tried upping a few settings to see if they actually cause any real fps loss? It took me a while to figure out the quirks in the Arma2 settings, for example that shadows on very high performs better than on high. Or that anisotrophic filtering on very high doesn't cause much fps loss.

Case: http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=341700 (the red version though)

Power Supply: http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=340678

Motherboard: ASUS 775 IX38 DDR2 SATA-2 GLAN ATX

Processor: http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=344772

RAM: Geil Black Dragon 4GB (4 x 1GB) DDR2 PC2 6400 800Mhz 4-4-4-1

Graphic card: Asus VGA-card Radeon HD4870 512MB PC-E DxDVI HDMI HDTV

Harddrive: http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=343054

DVD/Burner: LiteON 20A3H DVD+RW 20x Lightscribe - IDE . Black - Bulk

Monitor: Asus MK221H 22 tum Wide WSXGA+ 1680*1050 HDMI/DVI 1000:1 View Angle 170(H)/160(V) 2ms Speaker 2Wx2 Cam

Keyboard: Basic shit.

Mouse: Cyber Snipa Stinger Gaming Mouse

Anyone knows how well I can play the game? Thinking of adding another 4980 just for this game but.. Meh... Maybe it's not worth it. :bounce3:

It would the job great, but you don't need a 750W PSU for that kind of system. I'd downgrade to the 550W or 650W and use the money you save to get a HD4890.

And those mice are meant to be shit, I'd go for a Logitech Mx518. They're only around €10-15 more if I remember right.

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (single core)

Geforce 7900GS

2GB 800MHz DDR2 RAM

Runs the game, but only gets reasonable FPS in training missions and certain scenarios.

Everything is set to (very) low, with 100% fillrate and 1000m view distance. I hadn't really noticed an improvement when lowering view from 1400 to 800 or when lowering terrain from low to very low. 1680X1050 resolution.

If you have this kind of system or anything near it you probably shouldn't buy the game, though it is enough to get a feel of what the game is about. You may even be able to actually play if you lower the fillrate/resolution, but then you can't really spot enemies very far and the result is about as bad for gameplay as having lower FPS.

E6600 w/o OC

Asus P5B-deluxe

2GB RAM @ 1066

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260+ 869MB VRAM

just want to know if this old rig run ARMA2 at normal in 1920X1080

dont care about AA and PP, do care about AF, terrian detail(as it is related to object draw distance) and VD

GTX260 896MB (192) or ATI HD 4870 1GB

I can't make up my mind. Any opinions appreciated.

It would the job great, but you don't need a 750W PSU for that kind of system. I'd downgrade to the 550W or 650W and use the money you save to get a HD4890.

And those mice are meant to be shit, I'd go for a Logitech Mx518. They're only around €10-15 more if I remember right.

I think I phrased myself wrong (sorry). I already have that system but thinking of buying another 4870. :D

I've had a ATI HD 4870 512mb and so far I've only been pleased (I've had it about 10 months now). :)

I have the HD4870 but i'll be changing that for Nvidia again real soon, im just not loving the ATi at all (I play MSFS and the AA is terrible).

AMD Phenom 9550 @ 2.2

Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512mb

6GB Ram @ PC2-6400 MB/sec 240 pin, DDR2 SDRAM

Is this videocard still alright? Will I be able to run everything on very high, or what's the max settings for a good framerate?

I think I phrased myself wrong (sorry). I already have that system but thinking of buying another 4870.

Wouldn't bother. The single HD4870 should be fine. SLI/Crossfire just isnt worth the hassle.

Wouldn't bother. The single HD4870 should be fine. SLI/Crossfire just isnt worth the hassle.

M'kay. Guess I will invest 50% of the money in a sound card instead. :)

Well, i decided for the "combo" C2Duo E7200 2.53 ghz + ATI HD4890 1gb

I hope this will work fine for ArmA 2 to play in mid-high ...:rolleyes:

Anyone with i7 chip mucked about with Hyper threading settings

to see what Arma2 runs best on ?

I would also love to know what spec PC's the boys in Bis used to test this game on

Below is my current computer setup and so far in my experience it's not quite powerful enough to play ARMA2 as it was designed to be played. Things are smooth when in the editor on empty maps, but as soon as more units are added to the mix, things start to slow down.

I downloaded ARMA2 last week from Germany and ever since I've been reading up on overclocking, something I've never done before. I went out yesterday and bought a much bigger CPU fan. I've overclocked the Core Duo up to 3.15Mgz. I'm happy to report a significant improvement in overall computer performance and in fact I can't believe I didn't do this sooner. The Evga Nvidia 680 SLI is very overclock friendly, something I never knew. I haven't overclocked the memory or GPU's yet, that is next. Hopefully I won't burn the house down.

Unfortunately, even with overclocking, it may not be enough.

Considering the SLI is basically useless (as far as I know), I'm now thinking of upgrading the video card (GTX 285?) and adding RAM (total 4Gig). I'm also considering upgrading to a quad core (Q9650?). Will these upgrade allow me to run the game with satisfaction?

I was also debating if I should just bite the bullet and get a newer motherboard with Intel core i7 but everything is still so expensive. Being poor like the rest of the planet, I'm having a hard time justifying that expense at the moment.

Do any of you have a similar rig? What are your thoughts running ARMA2?

Evga 680SLI

Intel Core Duo 2.4 Ghz

2Gigs RAM (Corsair DDR2 800MHZ)

2 8800GTS 640mb (SLI currently disabled)

I don't use RAID, just plain old SATA.

Windows Vista

If you're going for the core 192, then forget it Just get the HD4870.

But If you're going for Core 216, which I don't see why not. Then get it. Core 216 is faster than the HD4870

If you're going for the core 192, then forget it Just get the HD4870.

But If you're going for Core 216, which I don't see why not. Then get it. Core 216 is faster than the HD4870

Ever heard of the Radeon HD 4870 2GB model or the 4890 ;).

M'kay. Guess I will invest 50% of the money in a sound card instead. :)

Unless you have some really high end surrond sound speakers, I wouldnt bother.

Anyone who knows how to get rid of mouselag?

Im having around 40-30 FPS ingame, but still suffering of bad mouselag.

Okay guys. I NEED HELP!!!

I have an AMD X2 6400+ 3.2GHz~

I also own an 8800GT. I know that ArmA2 is more GPu intensive than CPU.

So if I upgrade from my 8800GT to a GTX260 core 213 896MB...Will I see an FPS increase. I significant increase?

Because other people are telling me that my system would be unbalanced. I don't see how, since the CPU isn't that bad at all.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Okay guys. I NEED HELP!!!

I have an AMD X2 6400+ 3.2GHz~

I also own an 8800GT. I know that ArmA2 is more GPu intensive than CPU.

So if I upgrade from my 8800GT to a GTX260 core 213 896MB...Will I see an FPS increase. I significant increase?

Because other people are telling me that my system would be unbalanced. I don't see how, since the CPU isn't that bad at all.

PLEASE HELP!!!

The Wiki is very clear on the matter.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Yes you will, but I would say if you're going to buy another card, buy a good one like the 2 gig ati radeon cards, maybe a little more money but it's good and healthy dose for ArmA2

There's no real need for a 2GB card... It's mainly a marketing gimmick. By the time they become necessary, the current generation of cards will be long obsolete. A GTX275 would be a better choice.