Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

so can someone reply about my specs. If i switch from a HiS ATi Radeon HD 512MB PCI-E 3850 to a HiS ATi Radeon HD 4850 512MB PCI-E , it will have better performance?

I wanna the game at high-very high with a decent fps around 25-45

My resoultion will be 1024x768 on my 17Inch LCD Monitor

If i switch from a HiS ATi Radeon HD 512MB PCI-E 3850 to a HiS ATi Radeon HD 4850 512MB PCI-E , it will have better performance?

Of course it will, it's a newer card ;)

so can someone reply about my specs. If i switch from a HiS ATi Radeon HD 512MB PCI-E 3850 to a HiS ATi Radeon HD 4850 512MB PCI-E , it will have better performance?

I wanna the game at high-very high with a decent fps around 25-45

My resoultion will be 1024x768 on my 17Inch LCD Monitor

With that resolution that might just be possible. Just watch out for that 4850 issue!

Also depends on your CPU ofcourse (and amount of RAM).

Best thing is to ask someone with a 4850 how many frames per second he/she gets at 1024x768.

Now when the game is released in Germany I can ask you guys.

Actually I've got:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x4, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Dual Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

2048MB RAM OCZ @800MHz

ATI Radeon HD 4870 Series

iiyama ProLite E2607WS (26")

SB X-Fi Audio [9C00] Extreme Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7100) (7100.winmain_win7rc.090421-1700)

Computer Case:

AERO COOL ZERO DEGREE (no overheat problem at all, 5xExtra 120mm fans)

With this hardware I can play ArmA1 in 1920 x 1200 almost all setting on HIGH (textures are normal) with good framerate (never less then 25)

I also want play ArmA2 in 1920 x 1200 on high, what should I change?

I'm planing to change memory to 4G @1033 and graphic card to single card HD4870X2 but I'm not sure about processor, is it enough for a great Warfare battle?

Hope you guys give me some honest suggestions ;)

Well if you want to play it on full HD, then everything on low most likely. And btw, there is basicly no difference between 800 and 1033.

With that resolution that might just be possible. Just watch out for that 4850 issue!

Also depends on your CPU ofcourse (and amount of RAM).

Best thing is to ask someone with a 4850 how many frames per second he/she gets at 1024x768.

I ordered this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161259

So its alot quiet and cooler!

and these are my specifications at the moment mate

AMD Athlon Windsor AM2 6000+ 3.29ghz Dual Core

4GB Patroit DDR2 800Mhz ( Now 667Mhz )

Gigabyte GA-M56S-S3 Motherboard

HIS HD ATi Radeon 3850 512MB PCI-E

Thermaltake Silent Purepower 560W

300GB SATA HDD

Windows XP Proffesional SP3 32bit

Edited by =Spetsnaz=

Well if you want to play it on full HD, then everything on low most likely. And btw, there is basicly no difference between 800 and 1033.

Yes, of course full HD... and I hope when you say LOW you mean 4870 and not 4870x2 (single card).

Question is, will it make possible to run ArmA2 with all settings on high with 1920 x 1200, when I change my HD4870SE to this one 4870x2

Hello all,

I'm thinking of buying the German version. Since I'm not at home, and studying in Germany I will use my laptop. Here are the specs:

T7100(1.8Ghz) Core2Duo

2Gb 667MHz RAM

128mb 8400M GS

What do you think? It can run Armed Assault pretty well on lowest settings possible. Has ArmA 2 changed much? I heard it even runs better because of multicore optimisation so I still have hope :)

Hello all,

I'm thinking of buying the German version. Since I'm not at home, and studying in Germany I will use my laptop. Here are the specs:

T7100(1.8Ghz) Core2Duo

2Gb 667MHz RAM

128mb 8400M GS

What do you think? It can run Armed Assault pretty well on lowest settings possible. Has ArmA 2 changed much? I heard it even runs better because of multicore optimisation so I still have hope :)

You won't be able to run it very well at all, you need to upgrade your GFX card and CPU.

OK Here is my PC Specs that I'm running ArmA 2 on smoothly, with absolutely NO technical errors or problems. I'v only seen minor graphical errors, and a few ingame bugs. I'm running the game on "Very High", with all options turn up to the highest possible setting, I have View Distance set at 5003, and I also have absolutely no lag. I'm getting 60+ FPS

CPU: AMD Phenom X4 Quad Core

GFX: ATI 4870HDx2 2GB

RAM: 4GB(Soon 8GB)

Motherboard: Foxconn

Soundcard: Soundblaster X-Fi

Hello all,

T7100(1.8Ghz) Core2Duo

2Gb 667MHz RAM

128mb 8400M GS

Ouch...

It *might* run the game on the absolutely lowest possible settings with fillrate lowered. The 8400M GS isn't the card you want to be using for modern hi-spec games though. Since it is an "M" card I assume you have a laptop, so upgrading is probably out of the question, right?

OK Here is my PC Specs that I'm running ArmA 2 on smoothly, with absolutely NO technical errors or problems. I'v only seen minor graphical errors, and a few ingame bugs. I'm running the game on "Very High", with all options turn up to the highest possible setting, I have View Distance set at 5003, and I also have absolutely no lag. I'm getting 60+ FPS

IMO ArmA 2 will be a Piece of Cake.. run it probably very high with 25-40 FPS. What ghz speed is your CPU?

Can you post here a screenshot with fps counter, please.

I ordered this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161259

So its alot quiet and cooler!

and these are my specifications at the moment mate

300GB SATA HDD

I still need advice on this ^

Ouch...

It *might* run the game on the absolutely lowest possible settings with fillrate lowered. The 8400M GS isn't the card you want to be using for modern hi-spec games though. Since it is an "M" card I assume you have a laptop, so upgrading is probably out of the question, right?

Yeah, as I said I'm on a laptop. I have a E6750, 4GB RAM and 8800GT at home but the problem is I'm not at home :P

I'll probably wait for a demo and try it out for myself then. 44€ is pretty much for a student to waste :)

300GB SATA HDD

I still need advice on this ^

On the whole your system is fine (except that XP x86 doesn't support the full 4GB of RAM), but the Radeon 3850 is really a wildcard. Hard to say how it will perform. I think if you tweak the gfx settings intelligently, you should be getting some pretty good performance. You'll need to do some testing to see what the card can manage. Here's my best guess for you:

Fillrate: 100%

View distance: 1200-1600m

Textures: Medium

Video mem: Medium

Aniso-Filter: High (possibly Very High)

Landscape details: Low

Model detaiils: Low

Shadows: Medium (not sure though)

Postprocessing: Low

^^ Start out from there and see how it goes. If you're lucky, you might be able to set shadows to very high (performs better than high, at least for me), and maybe raise your view distance to 2000-2500m.

What kind of display are you using? Is it a widescreen? Full HD?

In a town:

FPS of 56

rayb1l.jpg

Nowhere, with exaclty 60FPS:

90nc6w.jpg

A bunch of people in one little area:

24FPS

j8k7q0.jpg

With a bunch of trucks:

46FPS

71l0uv.jpg

Anyway yeah, i get graet FPS in this game compared ot ArmA which isnt as good.

On the whole your system is fine (except that XP x86 doesn't support the full 4GB of RAM), but the Radeon 3850 is really a wildcard. Hard to say how it will perform. I think if you tweak the gfx settings intelligently, you should be getting some pretty good performance. You'll need to do some testing to see what the card can manage. Here's my best guess for you:

Fillrate: 100%

View distance: 1200-1600m

Textures: Medium

Video mem: Medium

Aniso-Filter: High (possibly Very High)

Landscape details: Low

Model detaiils: Low

Shadows: Medium (not sure though)

Postprocessing: Low

^^ Start out from there and see how it goes. If you're lucky, you might be able to set shadows to very high (performs better than high, at least for me), and maybe raise your view distance to 2000-2500m.

What kind of display are you using? Is it a widescreen? Full HD?

17Inch Samsung LCD Monitor, I will be running it on a 1024x768 Resoultion, and turning Fillrate maybe 120-130% but Shadows Low, View Distance on 500m-1KM, but i wanna run most of the things on high. I just ordered this today http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161259

So hopefully it will give me a better fps/performance boost in ArmA 2 :)? What you think?

In a town:

FPS of 56

[iG]http://i42.tinypic.com/rayb1l.jpg[/img]

Nowhere, with exaclty 60FPS:

[iG]http://i44.tinypic.com/90nc6w.jpg[/img]

A bunch of people in one little area:

24FPS

[iG]http://i39.tinypic.com/j8k7q0.jpg[/img]

With a bunch of trucks:

46FS

[iG]http://i39.tinypic.com/71l0uv.jpg[/img]

Anyway yeah, i get graet FPS in this game compared ot ArmA which isnt as good.

Specs?

Edited by Placebo

What screen resolution?

Which Phenom?

Screen Resolution: 1680x1050x32

I got Phenom X4 9950

I upgraded my PC not long ago even more. I got a new PC, then got more stuff for it lol. I still got my 8GB Ram on the way.

Good News ^^

I will buy a Phenom X4 955 and a 4890. I think it will be ok, according to your feedback

thanks for your feedback

Screen Resolution: 1680x1050x32

I got Phenom X4 9950

I upgraded my PC not long ago even more. I got a new PC, then got more stuff for it lol. I still got my 8GB Ram on the way.

Great to see Arma2 running well on the Windows 7 RC. I'll be installing that as soon as I get around to putting in my new motherboard. :)

Can you confirm that both GPUs on the 4870X2 are being used?

Great to see Arma2 running well on the Windows 7 RC. I'll be installing that as soon as I get around to putting in my new motherboard. :)

Can you confirm that both GPUs on the 4870X2 are being used?

I guess I'm not sure how to check that lol, is it in catalyst control center? or what? All i know is this game is running suberbly smooth on my computer configuration lol.

17Inch Samsung LCD Monitor, I will be running it on a 1024x768 Resoultion, and turning Fillrate maybe 120-130% but Shadows Low, View Distance on 500m-1KM, but i wanna run most of the things on high. I just ordered this today http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161259

So hopefully it will give me a better fps/performance boost in ArmA 2 :)? What you think?

Need feedback ^

17Inch Samsung LCD Monitor, I will be running it on a 1024x768 Resoultion, and turning Fillrate maybe 120-130% but Shadows Low, View Distance on 500m-1KM, but i wanna run most of the things on high. I just ordered this today http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161259

Need feedback ^

I know someone who runs Arma2 pretty well with an HD4850 :). Definitely better than the 3850. Shadows on low sucks mate. If you're getting that card you should definitely try shadows on very high. Anisotrophic Filter aswell. Setting model detail to high will probably kill your performance in cities. Better set that to Low.

On 1024x768 you can probably get away wth setting the fillrate to 150%. I do that when recording with Fraps on 1280x720 and it really does wonders for image quality.