Sign in to follow this  
L!nk07

What's the first thing you are going to do when you get ArmA 2?

First thing i did was setting the settings and had a look arround on the islands :)

I'll install the game then i'll patch it :D

im gonna make love to it... then im gonna start 2 install, and while that is installing im gonna run out my garden and make love to my sheeps.... but if its raining ill play AA 3 while i wait lol lol

Install

Play SP

Mess around in the editor with differant veichles/exploring

Check out the MP

Think about upgrading my gamputer.

In that order.

shoot a few round into thin air with various different weapons and then drive that VW golf car around the map:)

Place the box on the ground and dance around it praising my patience for not downloading the game.

Try to optimize the setting so performance doesn't suck with my gtx275 :(

Once that is done I will mess with the editor and then play the campaign.

Try to optimize the setting so performance doesn't suck with my gtx275 :(

Isn't that supposed to be a good card?

It's a hell of a card, but performance in ArmA 2 seems sketchy. For some people they have no problem playing at decent FPS with high settings at higher resolutions while some, like me and my GTX 275, struggle between medium/high at 1680x1050 to get over 30fps constantly.

First thing i will do is install all the damn patches to make the game run like it should..

All the damn patches, wont take you long then :)

It's a hell of a card, but performance in ArmA 2 seems sketchy. For some people they have no problem playing at decent FPS with high settings at higher resolutions while some, like me and my GTX 275, struggle between medium/high at 1680x1050 to get over 30fps constantly.

Most Arma II benchmarks I've seen show that the Nvidia 2xx series preform just fine. Similar to the higher end ATI cards.

Well I hope it works alright for me. I plan on eventually putting in a second 275 but first I need more RAM, mine is ancient.

just do yourself a favour and dont do the tutorial missions unless they are fixing it in the upcoming patch.

i did them and left them more confused than educated :D

i think i died 4 times on the heavy weapons range and to this day i dont know why :D

Copy that then :) i really hope i have found some complement to WWIIOL, cant play that game forever so i need something new to try out.

Start the editor, place a littlebird or something similar on the battlefield and explore the surroundings.

After that i'll probably play some single player to get used tot he game and afterwards i'll hop into the mp (coop) part of the game.

Really looking forward to it.

excuse me for typo's a.o. for english is not my native tongue.

Im gonna do the tutorials. Always do em in all games, even if i know how to play the game. :P

i will install game and patches, after that i will open editor and make a small village fighting. I just want to listen to the war sounds, its just so cool.

Will start by trying to get the game set in a way in which i will get nice graphics with a decent FPS on my old CPU.

Then I will get stuck into the main campaign, or i might try the tutorials if am not mad just to start the campaign.

go boar hunting....

and camping...

and cycling...

and maybe some more things..

well i will propably be busy with getting the most optimal settings for my pc.