Sign in to follow this  
L!nk07

What's the first thing you are going to do when you get ArmA 2?

Open the box, read the manual over and over again until I can replace my Compaq Presario in Jan 2010.….

Most logical answer to topic question:

Turn on the Computer.

I was gonna go with "Install it"

Pickup my copy of the game so I can look at the box while making news :p

Most logical answer to topic question:

Turn on the Computer.

1st you need a computer, then you can turn it on..

Remove the plastic shrink-wrapping from the box?

I try to play the campaign first before starting to make my own missions. I loved the feeling when I was first time playing OFP campaign - terrain was unfamiliar and I was usually totally lost.

..will set every video setting to max and watch gorgeous screenies in slideshow and then watch my PC CTD :D

then Open Firefox -> amazon.com -> Asus -> MB -> Rampage and Intel -> CPU -> Core i7 940 -> Add to Cart

Click -> 1-click buy

I think I am going to go with the campaign too. I might do a bit of exploring on the map I'm not sure. I also might try out a single player mission to get the hang of it and adjust my probably crappy settings.

I'm gonna check if choppers/planes still stand on aircraft carrier when its moving =)

if that test works I'll take off in UH1 with my squad and go sightseeing online =)

I'd try and see how long it takes to shoot down a helo with my standard issue rifle.

Or a point blank head shot with a .45 Colt 1911. I know that sounds a little twisted, but if this action results in anything other than a dead body lying on the ground next to me (be it foe or friendly who straggled to close to the firing range. Muahaha) then I'm going to be a little disappointed.

Probably place the Huey in the editor and fly around a bit. then check out all the tutorials, and get stuck in the campaign.

Hi all

Open the editor set it to advanced begin.

Kind regards walker

Anyone thought about the controls in ArmA2 already?

For ArmA1 it took me 1 week to set my current control settings :p

Hope arma1 profile can fit in ArmA2 ;)

edit: typo

Edited by bravo 6

Put myself in the editor with the civilian and wildlife 'modules' and see what its like. Set graphics settings. Campaign. Be a wild animal.

I'm going to turn off the crosshair.

Having bought it, I will pack my bag for a week at Annecy 2009, there I will find a new job, so I can guilt-freely justify wasting away the countless evenings in Chernarus for the following 2 to 12 months...

Anyone thought about the controls in ArmA2 already?

For ArmA1 it took me 1 week to set my current control settings :p

Hope arma1 profile can fit in ArmA2 ;)

Despite the usual bashing of ArmA's and OFP's control schemes I have never actually changed them drastically. They remain mostly the same and only took me about 2 minutes to change ever so slightly (mainly replacing Ctrl + key keybinds to double tapping the same key). I doubt ArmA II's control scheme will differ greatly from ArmA's.

Grab my Grandpappy's 'frowning hat', pipe and fur coat and study the hell out of the new micro-ai with arms crossed in my signiture effeminate defensive posture...

...if it indeed looks lacking, I'll continue mumbling in incoherent bitter prose until the men in white coats come to drag me away...

...if it surpasses my expectations I'll will rip off my coat, frolic and prance about my flat, thereby destroying all of my wife's manly expectations of me, and giving me all the time in the world to explore this new beauty.

Edited by froggyluv

Pat myself on the back for holding on to the money for this period of time , and then start :cry2:

Run out of the shop very fast before the cashier notices me.

As others here have said:

Start it up, watch the intro slideshow, adjust some settings, start the campaign/a single mission, watch the ensuing slideshow, adjust more settings, fume at my computer/gpu not being up to scrap as the LODs flicker around me and everything looks horrible compared to ArmA I, and I get shot because I can't aim right. At this point, depending on exactly how bad it was, two things can happen:

1) Begin the inevitable witch hunt for the "perfect settings" by scouring the troubleshooting forums; installing drivers, messing with the NVidia control panel, adding -maxmem and whatever other commands I can imagine, messing with resolutions, antialiasing, texture detail, whatever I can ingame, for some imaginary or actual increase in FPS. Consider buying more RAM, or overclocking my CPU, or formatting my disk, etc. Reading every thread titled something like "Gained 20 fps by doing X and Y!!!111one" like it was the Bible. Eventually realizing I'm not going to be able to have any fancy graphics options enabled if I want to play, thus going down to Very Low for everything.

2) Try the campaign, laggy as it may be, and experience the storytelling, new gameplay mechanics, AI and sounds for the first time, and having a blast. After a while (when the first mission-breaking bugs come about and I can't continue), try out the editor, explore chernarus, check out the new vehicles etc...

--> Either case leads to 3) Wait for the patches, while trying out new scripting commands and finding bugs and tweaking settings desperately ;)

Let's not get our hopes up now, mates : ArmA II will be about as buggy as ArmA 1.0 (or OFP 1.0!) when it comes out, with tons of performance issues across the board. But soon enough they'll be up at ArmA II 1.14 or so, and we can start enjoying her for real.

...of course, I could be wrong, and ArmA II might be a beaut from the beginning and run like clockwork. It doesn't really matter, I'm buying it anyway. :p

Regards,

Wolfrug