Sign in to follow this  
Misfit Leader

ArmA II release date discussion thread

If its real, good will get export

Edited by Vegabond

I want a real official confirmation not some rumor bs again... Placebo?

How much more official can a confirmation from BI get?

Is the demo gona come out before or after release?

if its before release i'll try it and pre order game if i like it. If its after release i'll wait till demo is out before buying.

well, the arma demo came afther the initial release, but before the combat op. release...

Czech,Slovak release date is set to 17th June according to this page:yay:

typical :)

Can anyone provide a link to the press release from 505 games and BI, on a BI or 505 Site?

The ArmA II site still shows 2009. 505 Games still shows TBA.

Thats good news, but wheres the official announcement from 505 Games or BI?

Can anyone provide a link to the press release from 505 games and BI, on a BI or 505 Site?

The ArmA II site still shows 2009. 505 Games still shows TBA.

Thats good news, but wheres the official announcement from 505 Games or BI?

seems 505 have released this info to the media, as more sites are now reporting the same thing, I've still not turned up the 'offical' release tho, it may have been e-mailed out.

Southy

June 26th?? Well... At least i'll have time to focus on my university exams! Thank you BIS ,for caring so much about my education!! :yay:

I cant wait for this. Im so tired of the typical FPS games they are putting out. COD is fun and all....but for limited amount of time.

ok seems I was abit to over hasty.

There is abit confusion about the releasedate in Germany because there are different versions. The one said may the other say end of june.

The part I'm struggling with is the fact that the release info says "long anticipated European release date for ArmA II 26th June" & others posting say that it will be released in Czech,Slovak on 17th June but what about the rest of world???

Please tell me their not going to do like last time & hold off releasing to the US and other parts of the world!! That was murder to their fan base. ARMA2 fans are literally all over the world, especially in the US, why would they only release in a few areas??

This takes some of the shine off the news today, wow, I really didn't see that coming, you would think that a game this large, with fans around the world waiting for the release, that they would have learned from previous marketing mistakes and make this a world wide release!

rest of world

Well, ROW is usually used by US to describe everything except US :p

Hey, that release strategy (if there is any intended behind or not simple chaos) has an advantage: US customers will get the first patch at their release already included as last time.

Military speaking: be lucky that you do not have to fight in the first line of the bloody bug hunting front as the Europeans!

Hi All

A little Bird said to me that it is a 23rd of June Release date for the US. That might be a steam release date or for the disc or both.

I know US advertising is already being arranged with Clever Com a major US player.

http://www.clevercomm.com/press.html

http://www.gamersdailynews.com/story-10491-IDEA-Choose-Clever-Comm-for-North-American-PR.html

I know Release dates are tied to production schedules for the Disc and packaging companies and also logistics for the wholesale delivery. The range of dates looks to me like the spread you would expect as a result.

Kind Regards walker

I think we were promised a simultaneous worldwide release at some point, but I guess that went to the bin.

Edited by sparks50

I think we were promised a simultaneous worldwide release at some point, but I guess that went to the bin.

I was under the impression we were promised only one version not a single release date. I think he said something like there won't be multiple versions going out this time (ex Czech, English, German, etc.). Although I don't know if he actually promised it.

Never believe a word bis says until the have done it then you can be sure it's true.

I was under the impression we were promised only one version not a single release date. I think he said something like there won't be multiple versions going out this time (ex Czech, English, German, etc.). Although I don't know if he actually promised it.

Yes, exactly.

It's in one of my translated videos for sure, though I can't remember which one exactly.

BIS wants to avoid the mess with releasing different versions all over the word so you don't need a PhD to figure out the patching sequence.

Hi All

A little Bird said to me that it is a 23rd of June Release date for the US. That might be a steam release date or for the disc or both.

I know US advertising is already being arranged with Clever Com a major US player.

http://www.clevercomm.com/press.html

http://www.gamersdailynews.com/story-10491-IDEA-Choose-Clever-Comm-for-North-American-PR.html

I know Release dates are tied to production schedules for the Disc and packaging companies and also logistics for the wholesale delivery. The range of dates looks to me like the spread you would expect as a result.

Kind Regards walker

Wow, awesome news Walker, thanks a million, your the first person I've found in over a month that actually had some real info, that second link you gave does show Clever.com as the US/North American handler for ARMA2, that is at least something, which up till now I had no info on.

Thanks again, all is now right with the universe fellows, see you ingame! :yay:

no US release why is this im confused?! :mad:

Well clearly there is going to be a US release as BIS and IDEA games have just forked out a pile of money to Clevercom to advertise it there.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you NxSEALz can you expand on what you mean. Has somone one been telling you Porkies?

You may also want to watch out for Dslyecxi's post tommorow.

http://www.dslyecxi.com/

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker