Sign in to follow this  
Yac

WW2 101 Airborne Division

In response to numerous questions on PM , up to date info about the work on the addon 101 Airborne from WW2. This is not an attempt to compete with large mods only work on the package to the game in Multiplayer mode. Will include Waco glider, C47A Skytrain and new weapon models.

Soldiers from 502 PIR

d9292b06de473225med.jpg

Full size

3e74935a6c8c2749med.jpg

Full size

2ba36618778a9f21med.jpg

Full size

M2 Helmet detail ;)

6048c8bc458d3066med.jpg

Full size

All addons during the early Beta. I still await a lot of work and I think we already give the Arma II - regards - Yac

PS. The rest of info Here

Quality Yac,I was wondering when you would post here,all I got to reiterate is respect to you bro:cool2:

Quality Yac,I was wondering when you would post here,all I got to reiterate is respect to you bro:cool2:

But I thank, I thank ;) - I hope to see your 82 Airborne :)

Great work Yac. Airborne looks great, just make sure the officers have the vertical bar and NCO's have the horizontal bar on the helmet.:wink_o:

Binkowski - mate

They are yet NCO`s white verical bar. :P Officer is not likely to do,

fighting in the majority of the soldiers and the sergeant ;)

These units are great Yac. (Don't even know how to speak it out lol, Jack?)

When I'm watching the faces, did you do them from scratch as well or are they textures BIS heads (as most people 'd do).

Because I wonder how you made those cheekbones

Yac well beside you they were got! Only when you their выпуÑтиш like with type ready?

As it complete il will issue it. Now doing soldiers from GIR , Waco and C47A Skytrain.

actually, low rank officers up to captain did see A LOT of action during ww2, especially paratroopers. Lieutant is a leader who goes first into combat -(thats why most of them get shot quickly). There are numerous examples of high rank officers leading into combat in Normandy, Anzio, Holland etc.. So please consider making at least Lieutants, it would be very hard to make historical based missions without them.

your models looks great, i was waiting for a long time for somone to create historically accurate models.

one litlle mistake I noticed though - m42 uniform have quite different collar - your looks like from m43 uniform. It should look quite different, more similar to brown shirt collar, and have small, vertical pocket for knife instead of flaps like your models have.. check the photos again, you will notice it for sure.

I noticed also that you mixed up magazine belt for garand with thompson magazine holster on the first picture - it was extreamly unusal for soldiers to have two types of magazines (and weapons) for primary weapon in the same time.

good luck with your excelent work!

Edited by janosgolya

@janosgolya

Thx for feedback :) , little attention - to the early phase of work on models. As for the details, I can not give them a lot, the model has its limitations due to game engine. Moreover, except give MLOD`s. So that everyone willing to freely modify and adapt them to fit your needs

actually, low rank officers up to captain did see A LOT of action during ww2, especially paratroopers. Lieutant is a leader who goes first into combat -(thats why most of them get shot quickly). There are numerous examples of high rank officers leading into combat in Normandy, Anzio, Holland etc.. So please consider making at least Lieutants, it would be very hard to make historical based missions without them.

your models looks great, i was waiting for a long time for somone to create historically accurate models.

one litlle mistake I noticed though - m42 uniform have quite different collar - your looks like from m43 uniform. It should look quite different, more similar to brown shirt collar, and have small, vertical pocket for knife instead of flaps like your models have.. check the photos again, you will notice it for sure.

I noticed also that you mixed up magazine belt for garand with thompson magazine holster on the first picture - it was extreamly unusal for soldiers to have two types of magazines (and weapons) for primary weapon in the same time.

good luck with your excelent work!

Yup, the nature of the Airborne mission required small unit leaders (LTs, Capts, Majs) to be in the very midst of things.

OMG!That's the good of mods.Sooooooooooooo nice work!!!!!!:notworthy:

some soldiers from 327 GIR - wip...

girg.th.jpg

gir1.th.jpg

Great work Yac, 327th looks awesome. Thank you!

Yac, I wore a "steel pot" helmet in Basic and Occupational Training in the U.S. Army and the wearer's head actually fits in a suspensive "webbing" (can't think of a better word) attached to the inside of a helmet liner. If I remember correctly, the helmet liner (mine was fiberglas, I think) detaches easily from the inside of the steel pot.

There should be a bit of space between the wearer's head and the outside of the helmet. See if you can increase the size just a tad, then see how they look on the soldier model's head.

Looking very good!

The helmets are sitting a bit too low on the soldiers heads in those pictures, though.

Yac, I wore a "steel pot" helmet in Basic and Occupational Training in the U.S. Army and the wearer's head actually fits in a suspensive "webbing" (can't think of a better word) attached to the inside of a helmet liner. If I remember correctly, the helmet liner (mine was fiberglas, I think) detaches easily from the inside of the steel pot.

There should be a bit of space between the wearer's head and the outside of the helmet. See if you can increase the size just a tad, then see how they look on the soldier model's head.

You beat me to the post! :D

Yes, the soldiers in those pictures actually look more like they are wearing the helmet liners, without the steel pot.

YAC, I have a few steel pot helmets with liners... If you would like some pictures.

Thank you for your attention. I recall that the WIP :) - Models and details based on the book "US Paratrooper 1941-1941" authors - Carl Smith and Mike Chapell and "US.Army uniforms of World War II" by Shelby Statnton.

well as process goes? Yac although show their own ÑтараньÑ!!! But that long ago was not confiscated!

Romario

Read what I wrote before?

Understood, if have no time on it, maybe could send the pack to me for helping to complete it.

Are you going to give the Parachute Infantry the proper round parachutes?

Yes - I hope I can make the appropriate addon. :)