Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

1 minute ago, EO said:

Oh well, maybe it's back to Evil Organ then...thanks for the clarification. 

Or just add an underscore to the end of your name?

• Like 2

Was it necessary to lock the Dark Zone Terrain discussion thread because a couple of new members violated forum rules by asking for release dates? Seems a little over the top and denies members who practise good forum etiquette the opportunity to discuss the topic.

Per Dedmen's comments

Due to all of the last 5 posts over the last 30 days violating the forum rules, I will lock this thread now.

If the Author wants to continue he can contact any moderators via a PM or via the "Report Post" functionality and this thread will be unlocked again.

So, 

If the Author wants to continue he can contact any moderators via a PM or via the "Report Post" functionality and this thread will be unlocked again.

Remember folks, we have a report button to report users that are misbehaving in this manner. We even have a rule for the very activity that was going on. 

16) Report rule violations

If you see a violation of these rules on the board, do not reply in the thread but send a PM to a moderator or use the "Report Post" link (next to the date/time of post) instead. Replying in the thread will be considered as spam. Reporting posts contributes to a well structured, well disciplined forum which benefits everyone.

But, the matter will be discussed amongst the moderators, nonetheless. 

OK, did a mistake and received the "Your content will need to be approved by a moderator". I wanted to ask if this status will ever be removed, because it severly limits me. Am I allowed to send messages to other users with this status?

16 hours ago, EO said:

Was it necessary to lock the Dark Zone Terrain discussion thread

Apparently yes.

16 hours ago, EO said:

because a couple of new members violated forum rules

Out of the 5 users who violated the rules with their posts, only one was new to the forum.

16 hours ago, EO said:

denies members who practise good forum etiquette the opportunity to discuss the topic.

The last legitimate activity in that thread was almost 2 months ago. So there doesn't seem to be much desire to discuss anything about it.

The thread was locked to protect people who don't want to follow the rules, from actually violating them.

To me the thread seems to be some kind of trap that lures people into violating the rules. So to protect people from themselves the thread was locked.

Leaving it open will just lead to more people repeating the same behavior which will have them receive warnings or even be banned from the forums.

5 hours ago, Dedmen said:

The thread was locked to protect people who don't want to follow the rules, from actually violating them.

To me the thread seems to be some kind of trap that lures people into violating the rules. So to protect people from themselves the thread was locked.

Leaving it open will just lead to more people repeating the same behavior which will have them receive warnings or even be banned from the forums.

I don't wish to sound combative and I ultimately respect your decision but locking a thread for those reasons seems like skewed logic which can be seen to favour members who violate forum rules and etiquette, and much to the detriment of thread authors and members who try to follow proper forum etiquette.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 9:52 AM, ramon_dexter said:

OK, did a mistake and received the "Your content will need to be approved by a moderator". I wanted to ask if this status will ever be removed, because it severly limits me. Am I allowed to send messages to other users with this status?

Quite a substantial mistake as you were caught breaking the following forum rules.

Posting addon/mod other content without permission:

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community. People work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. You must get permission to alter someone else's work, to mirror their work or to use it in any way other than for personal use. Without permission please do not edit, mirror, add to your mod pack or edit and share around your private squad.

Unfortunately we cannot control what people do outside of these forums. However, on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission, and we receive a complaint, the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved. Participation in this behaviour comes with the risk of being permanently banned from these forums. Get permission by communicating with the original content creator(s).

At present your content will require to be approved a moderator, in the future we will review it and may remove it.

On 10/10/2019 at 5:31 PM, EO said:

I don't wish to sound combative and I ultimately respect your decision but locking a thread for those reasons seems like skewed logic which can be seen to favour members who violate forum rules and etiquette, and much to the detriment of thread authors and members who try to follow proper forum etiquette.

I think you make a very valid point and I can appreciate how it may look from the other side. If I may, I'd like to flip the tables and ask, how would you have dealt with it?

Personally, I'd have warned ALL involved, hidden their posts and followed the post so that I'd be notified of any new posts to see if the issue continued to happen.  Had it continued, I'd have contacted the OP and asked him if was OK to lock it until he had updates, thus preventing others from commenting on it. But, alas, I've been busy with RL work. 

Good or bad, we are allowed to use personal judgement on how initial actions should be taken. Secondary actions, initiated through a medium such as this thread, allow us to review and tweak these actions as necessary. As for my next steps, they will be to discuss this with Dedmen and R0adki11 (and possibly one other moderator) to review the thread's status. 

Thanks

I'd have DM'd you EO,  but you have messages disabled.. And your two letter screen name is untaggable

Edited by FallujahMedic -FM-
forgot something
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As you have been put on content moderation indefinitely, Each. And. Every. Post. you make will need to be reviewed by a moderator for approval. This means, they get looked at when a moderator has the time to look at your posts. Actions have consequences. 

On 10/11/2019 at 8:38 PM, R0adki11 said:

Quite a substantial mistake as you were caught breaking the following forum rules.

At present your content will require to be approved a moderator, in the future we will review it and may remove it.

Perpetual punishment for a mistake? Cool, really cool. Warning would be more effective.

3 hours ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

As you have been put on content moderation indefinitely, Each. And. Every. Post. you make will need to be reviewed by a moderator for approval. This means, they get looked at when a moderator has the time to look at your posts. Actions have consequences. 

Sometimes it takes more than 24 hours. Yeah, that's really just and rightful. Cool.

I don't even mention that my threads are lost in the feed because mods forget to approve it...

3 hours ago, ramon_dexter said:

Do I really have to post multiple posts just to have this approved?

No. And that's considered spam so I suggest you don't.

16 minutes ago, ramon_dexter said:

Sometimes it takes more than 24 hours.

Moderators are volunteers who sleep or have a free weekend too.

16 minutes ago, ramon_dexter said:

I don't even mention that my threads are lost in the feed because mods forget to approve it... 

We have a list out all outstanding approvals, which currently has 1 entry in it. They aren't forgotten.

To keep the offtopic out, I've moved our posts out of that thread into this one.

Ok, at least somebody replies to me. Thank you.

So, is there any way what I should do to justify/vindicate myself? Sorry if I sound offensive or use incorrect words, but english is not my native language.

On 10/16/2019 at 10:20 AM, ramon_dexter said:

Ok, at least somebody replies to me. Thank you.

We do reply, but as stated earlier we are Volunteers. So we have real life commitments like jobs, hobbies, family etc. 

So, is there any way what I should do to justify/vindicate myself? Sorry if I sound offensive or use incorrect words, but english is not my native language.

For the moderation to be removed, that's for the Head Moderator to decide.

1 hour ago, ramon_dexter said:

Am I allowed to send messages to other users with this status?

Yes. Only public posts need approval.

Please delete my account, thanks.

I have an old account which I created before accounts required emails, and I don't know the login for it, is there a way to retrieve the pasword?

9 hours ago, tenisac said:

I have an old account which I created before accounts required emails, and I don't know the login for it

Do you still know the username of that account? Or do you have a link to its profile page?

Please DM a moderator or @Nillers about it

9 hours ago, tenisac said:

is there a way to retrieve the pasword?

retrieve no, we don't store passwords.

Guys, I got an email saying Katie Burnes has posted in her thread, linked above, but I don't have permission to read it. I'm sure I have a couple of posts in that thread. Has something gone awry?

8 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Guys, I got an email saying Katie Burnes has posted in her thread, linked above, but I don't have permission to read it. I'm sure I have a couple of posts in that thread. Has something gone awry?

Looks like the Anti-Spam filter picked up on something and made the topic needing approval. Thread is now visible again.

• Thanks 1

So can we request forum bans on users here which have repeatedly uploaded ripped/stolen content to the Steam Workshop, including assets from our own mod? Or what would be the proper way of going about this? Because this @Fros7bite guy seems to have a serious problem with following rules or abiding by license agreements, but yet continues to do it without any repercussions here on the official forum boards or on Steam. The uploads containing our content have been DMCA'd each and every time, only to have him try again after a few weeks. He has trolled our forum thread, our workshop page, and now makes numerous attempts to reupload our work. Surely it would be better to rid the community of people such as this, who only lurk these forums to look for their next target.

Was just wondering if this is even an option for any further issues that are had with users here which act in this same manner, including giving mod authors additional choices of action should they encounter the same thing. Creating a bad name for yourself on the Workshop should also have consequences to your status here on the forums, as it doesn't seem there is any reasonable action taken by Steam/Valve against users with repeat uploads which have been successfully DMCA'd. Moderators here are already aware of some of his previous uploads which contained parts of our work, and now we have dealt with yet another from the same user: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1920416452

There is also this upload from him which very much looks like he is using ripped vanilla assets within it, perhaps something BI should have a look at: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1768525657

41 minutes ago, Siege-A said:

Because this @Fros7bite guy

This guy has been banned weeks ago. For exactly what you describe in your post.

Things are being looked at.

• Thanks 1