Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

@NlaEid If you are referring to:

Outdated ACE mod is causing a cyclic redundancy check error when I launch the game.

then no restrictions are in place on either your account or the thread. You have however been advised to read our rules as you violated them by "bumping" your post. This is explicitly prohibited in our rules. 

Regarding active moderators, if you look at the posts above yours, those are the most active. The staff list is not organised in any way. Your top 5 however will be:

Homesick
R0adki11
FallujahMedic -FM-
Dedmen
Yoshi_E

Edited by Yoshi_E
added Links to profiles
  • Thanks 1

So @FallujahMedic -FM- or any other mod, can you explain to me how a DMCA being filed on a mod (USP) is enough proof for you guys to ban it's content from the forums? It's a fraudulent DMCA in the first place, but anyways wouldn't it be better to wait and see the actual outcome of the DMCA? Is the policy guilty until proven innocent?

And why was the RHS thread not locked and the pictures removed from the photography thread when the had (another fraudulent) DMCA against them?

1 minute ago, BLACKOUT... said:

So @FallujahMedic -FM- or any other mod, can you explain to me how a DMCA being filed on a mod (USP) is enough proof for you guys to ban it's content from the forums? It's a fraudulent DMCA in the first place, but anyways wouldn't it be better to wait and see the actual outcome of the DMCA? Is the policy guilty until proven innocent?

And why was the RHS thread not locked and the pictures removed from the photography thread when the had (another fraudulent) DMCA against them?

USP are not banned, they are hidden until the DMCA is resolved. Please see the photography thread for clarification. I don't recall RHS having a similar, so can't confirm that action wasn't done previous. However please understand we had a different head moderator at the time, so certain guidelines/rules were different.

• Confused 2

Just now, R0adki11 said:

USP are not banned, they are hidden until the DMCA is resolved. Please see the photography thread for clarification -

I should have said temporally banned. I've already seen that response but it still doesn't change the fact that USP content is being hidden without any proof of wrong doing.

5 minutes ago, Foxone said:

And why is that?? The thread was supposed to be unlocked upon release, which has happened 5 days ago now.... You guys expect us to follow your rules but when it comes to promises and agreed terms you ignore those?!

I can on apologise if your thread has not been unlocked, but as said previously we have been waiting for the Head Moderator @Homesick to unlock it. Please take this issue up with him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, R0adki11 said:

I can on apologise if your thread has not been unlocked, but as said previously we have been waiting for the Head Moderator @Homesick to unlock it. Please take this issue up with him. 

Thanks, will do

38 minutes ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

The USP thread is still currently locked by the head moderator which prohibits the showcasing of USP content. 

Yes, your head moderator which has still yet to respond to my request to have our thread unlocked, which he was made aware of the day of release as confirmed by moderators here. Which is quite surprising due to the fact that it was part of an agreement from his moderation team that the thread would be unlocked upon release. But now he just ignores us and doesn't even offer any type of response? So how again are we supposed to get the thread unlocked?

1 minute ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

Until it has been unlocked, you are prohibited from posting on it. 

Well....isn't that what being locked means after all? You're not telling me something I don't already know here. Just more misdirection

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Siege-A said:

Does deleting comments in favor of placing your own make you feel better about yourself?

Unnecessary comments will be removed. 

As stated previously, it is out of the hands of the moderation team. We are waiting for the thread to be unlocked as much as you are. I can appreciate that the situation is not helpful, but please be patient and wait for the thread to be re-opened. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, R0adki11 said:

Unnecessary comments will be removed. 

As stated previously, it is out of the hands of the moderation team. We are waiting for the thread to be unlocked as much as you are. I can appreciate that the situation is not helpful, but please be patient and wait for the thread to be re-opened. 

I appreciate the actual direct and informational reply, thank you Roadkill. The rest of the answers we were being given just seemed like it was of no value to the question itself. And we will be patient, as we have been over the course of all of this, to await a response from @Homesick

• Like 1

7 hours ago, x_DarkSpecter_x said:

Cool delete my comment without answering a genuine question because you guys lack a sense of humor and can't have people calling you out on your BS 😉

Your previous comment was removed from the  thread as your broke the following forum rules:

Offensive content, flaming, privacy:

Material that is overly sexual, graphic, obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, abuse or slander, towards developers, staff or users, is strictly prohibited; this includes the Personal Message service, do not post private messages or user pictures. Flamebaiting is not allowed. Please do not post any personal or identifying information such as postal addresses, IPs or UIDs.

17) No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments about the board or moderators please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator ( @BIS_Homesick ), he will be happy to look into the matter. You may also ask your questions in the "Ask a mod" thread; however that thread is not to be used to attack/rant against specific moderators or about specific rules but more for questions/answers.

Regarding pictures of USP Addons in the Arma3 Photography Thread, it was stated that in Comment thread, that they have only been hidden until the DMCA issue is resolved.

Your other question buried within the inappropriate comments has already been answered, 2 posts above you.

9 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Just to go further on what i said previously, the volunteer community members who are moderators are waiting for the head moderator to unlock the thread. It can only be unlocked by the head moderator. Hopefully that answers your question now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Your previous comment was removed from the  thread as your broke the following forum rules:

Just for my own education so I don't make the mistake again, exactly which rule was it that I broke? You can't just say "you broke this rule" that has 7+ rules inside of it and call it good. I assume the rule was broken when I made the clear (and it was clear, 2x using the word "sarcasm" in the same sentence make that impossible to be misconstrued) joke about a moderator here, correct? Which was definitely not "overly sexual, graphic, obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory." Nor do I believe it should constitute some sort of character assassination such as defamation or slander because it was not a false statement, it was clearly a joke. I would also have very strong arguments against "harassment" and "abuse" but I'll let you answer before I just go into that. Or was it that you guys didn't like me mentioning the clear bias against the USP team on these forums? Or calling out the frequent rule changes that seem to always affect them? 

I know it may sound like I'm trying to start shit, but I'm genuinely not and I apologize if I come across that way. However I will defend myself (and the hard work of the USP team) until shown clear wrongdoing. 

23 minutes ago, x_DarkSpecter_x said:

Just for my own education so I don't make the mistake again, exactly which rule was it that I broke? You can't just say "you broke this rule" that has 7+ rules inside of it and call it good. I assume the rule was broken when I made the clear (and it was clear, 2x using the word "sarcasm" in the same sentence make that impossible to be misconstrued) joke about a moderator here, correct? Which was definitely not "overly sexual, graphic, obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory." Nor do I believe it should constitute some sort of character assassination such as defamation or slander because it was not a false statement, it was clearly a joke. I would also have very strong arguments against "harassment" and "abuse" but I'll let you answer before I just go into that.

Although you say it was a 'joke', your comments were not funny in any shape or form. It was aimed at one moderator in particular, who you were trying to flame-bait and provoke a response. In doing so your broke our forum rules. To identify which rules, as per the forum rules post. They are rule 1 and rule 17.

Or was it that you guys didn't like me mentioning the clear bias against the USP team on these forums? Or calling out the frequent rule changes that seem to always affect them? 

There is no clear bias towards the USP team on these forums. As you are not aware of the full facts i would appreciate that you don't insinuate what is or has happened. Also discussion of our forum rules is not appreciated, as per our forum rules. Rather than posting what you did, it would have been more sensible to have contacted our head moderator to discuss the matter in question.

I know it may sound like I'm trying to start shit, but I'm genuinely not and I apologize if I come across that way. However I will defend myself (and the hard work of the USP team) until shown clear wrongdoing. 

I am sorry to say, but you really have approached this whole issue in the wrong way, the apology is somewhat late as the damage has already been done. If you had conducted yourself in a more civil manner, i would have hoped that the whole thing could have been handled more amicably. You are free to defend yourself however you must remember to abide by the forum rules and guidelines

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Insulting a moderator and adding sarcasm tags will make it OK? Good luck with that.

• Like 2

I have taken this discussion to private messages with Siege-A. I have been away for the past 2 weeks hence why I haven't answered to this before now. 

On 7/11/2019 at 11:18 PM, R0adki11 said:

I don't recall RHS having a similar, so can't confirm that action wasn't done previous. However please understand we had a different head moderator at the time, so certain guidelines/rules were different.

Indeed we had someone fill a false DMCA as a "joke" / "retribution" for me taking down a "community" SW reupload. While this has been solved between myself and Steam and the sorry bloke who false miss-represented ownership (and as such was 100% liable for damages), it did took quite a bit of time and effort to get Valve's moderating team to sort it all out.

BI had no knowledge or involvement, and why would they since they do not own RHS IP rights for any of our bespoke content.

I would really appreciate some proper information about these certain guidelines and rules that have changed though, considering the following:

a. anyone can fill up a false DMCA, without even being logged in into a steam account. It's more of a nuisance than anything else. Why would anyone from BI take any sort of action on their official channels considering:

- BI team (dev, PR/ marketing and legal included) has no  moderation tools or say about anything related to Steam Workshop. They are also 100% out of the loop in regards to what happens in regards to 3rd party IP rights, the DMCA that are being filled on a daily basis etc

- BI has failed multiple times to take real actions against people who are abusing and/or monetizing other people's content despite multiple reports that have been made along the past years. I find this sudden involvement worrying considering there is no official stance about it, and it feels to be even more relaxed than it used to be.

b. It used to be pretty straight forwards - people who have been caught stealing other people work, using ripped content from freebies websites and other games etc were getting a swift ban hammer. Despite that, everyone used to be treated the same until proven guilty.

Just to be clear - I am not taking anyone's sides here, i have zero involvement with USP, i just want some clarification in regards to what changed, and what didn't, since i am the person that deals with anything related to legal matters within RHS team. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

On 7/17/2019 at 1:50 PM, PuFu said:

about these certain guidelines and rules that have changed though

There were no changed guidelines. I guess just misunderstanding (whether deliberate or not) from USP's side.

USP content on the forums was not banned because of the false DMCA.

USP content was previously banned because of other issues that the USP team is fully aware of, and it was scheduled to be unbanned/unlocked.

The Forum Moderation team discussed with USP Team and came to the agreement that they can post USP content again when their thread is unlocked, and we made the promise that the thread unlock will happen when they publicly release their Mod.

Despite that agreement being made, and USP being banned from the Forum. The USP Team decided to still post USP content in one of their other Forum threads.

And right at their release they started posting USP content in the screenshot threads, despite their thread still being locked (due to Homesick being on vacation), and USP thus still being banned.

And on top of all that, their mod got a DMCA filed on them on the first day. Which, considering our past experience with USP we couldn't actually be sure that it's a false DMCA, even though USP team alleging that it is.

All these things combined made us reconsider unlocking the thread, and we decided to wait a little longer to be on the safe side.

And then USP Team again starting drama about it, and again members of their team getting punishments dealt out for needless misbehavior assured us that waiting with the unban was the right decision.

I'm not sure why USP Team seems to have suddenly forgotten what we talked about and agreed on internally.

Despite being multiple told times that Homesick is on vacation and that we have to wait for him, still asking why their thread isn't getting unlocked.

And despite knowing fully well that they aren't permitted to post until their thread get's unlocked, still posting content and then alleging we are making up rules to ban their content from the forums and that we have a personal grudge towards them.

I honestly (personally) don't quite understand that.

And also I don't really like to see how you are pushing the Drama machine everytime something doesn't go as you want it to. And it always having to end up in accusations and outright insults against the moderation team.

Yes I certainly do have a personal grudge against this type of behaviour, but (despite wanting to) I cannot let that influence my decisions made on the "object" that is the USP mod.

All that is only a decision being made against the

the thread unlock will happen when they publicly release their Mod

statement made by Homesick (in his absence mind you). No rule was changed here, we just decided to not follow through on a promise as fast as it was planned.

Internally we didn't actually mean "till it's publicly released" but instead "till we can see that its actually legit" which we can when the mod is released, sorry for the slight miscommunication on that part but I thought it was communicated well enough internally, besides that one statement.

Due to the issues outlined above the "see that its legit" requirement couldn't be undoubtedly fulfilled, thus the additional delay.

Now that we know the DMCA was illegitimate, and that everything seems to be clear from issues.

We will wait another 48hours (starting from 8PM yesterday when the mod came back to the workshop) just to be on the safe side, and then, if nothing comes up, unlock the USP Thread.

And please, don't be annoyed if it might be +/- an hour or so, we are all just Humans.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

@R0adki11, @Dedmen, @FallujahMedic -FM-

Apparently my forum name is not allowing fellow forum members from either tagging me in general chat or more importantly sending PM's.

Could someone from the forum team look into this for me or alternatively point me in the direction of where to enquire further regarding this matter.  :thanx: 

Test tag of @EO..

Oh yes.. it doesn't work. I bet it's because a tag requires 3 characters and your username is only 2.

• Like 1

Oh wow, I didn't know that. ^^

I wonder why it requires more than 2 characters to tag someone? :headscratch: 

• Like 1

Oh well, maybe it's back to Evil Organ then...thanks for the clarification.