Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

Hi Folks,

Newb here - does this forum support "Tapatalk" ??? It comes up in the Tapatalk list and I can read posts via the app - however - if I try to login it always fails... Is there a trick to logging in ???

Regards,

Scott

Following the Forum upgrade, there are issues with Tapatalk at present - the issue has been assigned to the webteam.

Following the Forum upgrade, there are issues with Tapatalk at present - the issue has been assigned to the webteam.

Ahh - OK - thanks for the update...

:)

Regards,

Scott

I added a thread in the Bistudios forum not realizing this threat was for asking questions to the site. I will delete it if I can. If not then please remove it Moderators...and my apologies. 

My question is how long until threads needing approval show up? My friends and I just started a new squad and I put up a squad info post in that thread, and I also put a thread up for our squad under the recruiting section. I am fairly new to this forum an just wondered how long these usually take to approve so I can link them to our website. 

Thank you and ~S

I added a thread in the Bistudios forum not realizing this threat was for asking questions to the site. I will delete it if I can. If not then please remove it Moderators...and my apologies. 

My question is how long until threads needing approval show up? My friends and I just started a new squad and I put up a squad info post in that thread, and I also put a thread up for our squad under the recruiting section. I am fairly new to this forum an just wondered how long these usually take to approve so I can link them to our website. 

Thank you and ~S

It will be approved as soon as moderator sees it and approves it ;)

i found that auto-edition no longer works

previously adding lines to old post ended in "edited" and added to previous post, now it added new post

Is it just me, or does this thread look like spam?

Two users with low post count, who joined days apart, talking about a subject without actually mentioning the game, and one of them repeatedly posts a commercial link.

Is it just me, or does this thread look like spam?

Two users with low post count, who joined days apart, talking about a subject without actually mentioning the game, and one of them repeatedly posts a commercial link.

Thanks for the information, it certainly does look like spam. I have now disabled posting for those accounts.

It seems it isn´t possible to report posts any more. Is that only on my end?

It seems it isn´t possible to report posts any more. Is that only on my end?

It works for me.

What about custom titles for us "old farts" of the forum?

• Like 1

Just wondering why my title tag still shows newcomer when there is lower post count/join time users with higher "ranking" tags on their names?

• Like 1

Just wondering why my title tag still shows newcomer when there is lower post count/join time users with higher "ranking" tags on their names?

Fixed that for you.

Is there a way, to change my nickname, so it would begin with capital letter? (rydygier -> Rydygier)? If I can do this myself somehow, managed to overlook such option. 

is there a reason why this thread (addon request thread) is not sticky anymore?
https://forums.bistudio.com/forum/155-arma-3-addons-mods-discussion/

Is there a way, to change my nickname, so it would begin with capital letter? (rydygier -> Rydygier)? If I can do this myself somehow, managed to overlook such option. 

from your account here: https://account.bistudio.com/

Thanks, PuFu, but I see no such option there. Only an option to create new cross-platform BI  account, which basically is not an option to me (there's written: "If you already have a Bohemia Forums account or Bohemia Store account, you are already signed up for a Bohemia Account." -  I don't want to create second account). It may have something to do with the fact, that I've registered my BI Forums account before merging into cross-platform account, basing on email adress, I don't know. So what I see there apart from some info about BI accounts is "create account" section with used by me e-mail filling the first window, but also some red-framed windows below and that's it. Funny thing, can't remember, if I had capital letter in my nickname before migration to the new forums platform (for sure I would like to), but I can see in some old posts, where people quotes me, there's "Rydygier said", so I think, capital letter was lost at migration to the new forums platform and I would like to restore it. 

i didn't have to create a new account, all i had to do was put down my login information there. The capital letters changed when the forums migrated, yes.

The new account system is an unified one across all BI interwebz network.

That's, what I see there (same via upper-right corner, "rydygier" -> "Account Settings"):

boh_acc.jpg

I can put anything in the login/nickname window, but no way to confirm it unless I fill all windows and click "sign up" which, I suppose, means creating new account. 

When you are on that page, there should be another "Log In" button in the upper right corner. Click on it, a small form will open, log in with your forum login there as well, then go back to the https://account.bistudio.com/ and you'll see a different form.

Thanks a lot. I must admit, I rather wouldn't guess this myself (assumed, since I'm logged in here, so no reason to try log in there). Hm.

Anyway, corrected my nickname, saved, I hope soon it will be updated. :)

Something I've been meaning to say for some time; I really appreciate the light touch the moderators exercise these days.

As on virtually any gaming forum, even a relatively mature one like this, sometimes flare-ups just occur (human nature being what it is). The way the current moderators clean up and get threads back on track without overtly throwing their weight around really makes the forums a more pleasant place to visit.

:wub:

• Like 5

On the Rules page the last paragraph talks about how the old forum rules are still in effect followed by a link to them. The link doesn't work.

On the Rules page the last paragraph talks about how the old forum rules are still in effect followed by a link to them. The link doesn't work.

Hello, Thanks for the heads up. The link should now be accessible.

• Like 2

Yap,mine too.Any good soul willing to fix it?

Thank you.

EDIT:nevermind..got fixed already!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Yap,mine too.Any good soul willing to fix it?

Thank you.

EDIT:nevermind..got fixed already!!!!!!!!

Its been fixed ;)

Whats the dealio with the super frequent spammer advertising his totally legitimate university degrees?

I'm confused as to how this lad is able to continue, surely an additional registration step is not too crazy of a fix?